New kegs in store!

+
Seriously defending this blatant ripoff? Yeah its a way, a way to once again screw over Beta players who invested two years of their time playing and grinding the game and rightfully earned all the stuff they have.

1. CDPR decides to steal all our powder and convert it to scraps at full release,
2. then they remove ability to use the scraps to craft premiums after they asured us that won't be the case,
3. and now they are trying to screw us over from our scrap reserves so that in the end they can reduce the value of our resources earned over years of Beta testing as much as they possibly can.

Even if you had 1 million+ scraps, 4000 for 5 random cards is a blatant ripoff no matter how you look at it.

As a f2p player i don't consider it "stealing" although i can understand the frustration of players that bought powder with real money, but in either case would you rather be stuck with a couple hundred K of useless scraps?
I have about 100K scraps left after completing the entire non premium collection (including CC cards), that will yield me 125 premium cards (some will be duplicates ofcourse). I can't say i remember for sure but i doubt that i had that amount of premiums in the beta.

As a f2p player i don't consider it "stealing" although i can understand the frustration of players that bought powder with real money, but in either case would you rather be stuck with a couple hundred K of useless scraps?
I have about 100K scraps left after completing the entire non premium collection (including CC cards), that will yield me 125 premium cards (some will be duplicates ofcourse). I can't say i remember for sure but i doubt that i had that amount of premiums in the beta.

How about those who got their premiums in purchased kegs? Is that money worth any less than having paid for powder directly? They didn't have a way to see where the premiums came from unless paid for with purchased powder so they milled the rest. People did lose real money and many hours or even months of game time collecting these premiums. Then they tell us nothing will happen for 6 months, people take a break and those who came too late lost everything but a load of scraps which they are now trying to milk because they noticed no many people who are sitting on loads of scraps buy kegs, expansion or not. Whe nwill the next great mill take place? How many people are willing to bet money on the fact that it wont happen again? Fool me once..

Guest 4305932

[Edit.]
Seriously defending this blatant ripoff? Yeah its a way, a way to once again screw over Beta players who invested two years of their time playing and grinding the game and rightfully earned all the stuff they have.

1. CDPR decides to steal all our powder and convert it to scraps at full release,
2. then they remove ability to use the scraps to craft premiums after they asured us that won't be the case,
3. and now they are trying to screw us over from our scrap reserves so that in the end they can reduce the value of our resources earned over years of Beta testing as much as they possibly can.

Even if you had 1 million+ scraps, 4000 for 5 random cards is a blatant ripoff no matter how you look at it.

[...] The enormous surplus of scraps from beta is simply because of the full refund on every copy (even extra copies). It has nothing to do with 2 years of grinding. You didn't earned that amount of scraps "rightfully", you earned it only because of their extra generosity and because they announced it weeks before homecoming so they gave you a way to increase you profit far more than the normal value of your collection..

[...] This information doesn't correspond to what really happened. They didn't steal anything. You had the exact same value required to craft the premium card.

After 3 months and announcing it two weeks before the change. Enough time to craft whatever you wanted.

People have asked for a way to use their surplus of scraps for MONTHS and now they are bitching again. Meanwhile we are still talking about PREMIUMS (vanity items) of a card game playable fully for free and that gave the same people who are bragging about "muh grid" the possibility of have every expansion for free forever.

[Edit.]

Post edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
... [Edit.]The enormous surplus of scraps from beta is simply because of the full refund on every copy (even extra copies)...
And you get this copies... how?

Can I assume they fall from the sky or something?

And yes, people are bitching cause the price of those kegs is double at the very least. When was the last keg you opened in which EACH AND EVERY card was Silver (Epic or whatever)?

Quote edited. -Drac

Guest 4305932

And you get this copies... how?

Can I assume they fall from the sky or something?

Were you forced to play? If you started grinding (which means nothing because gwent never required a real grind to obtain cards) after knowing about the full refund policy the it was your choice and you did it knowing you would gained tons of scraps from it. If you had those copies from normal play than you got the surprise of the full value and tons of scraps for free.There's no other way. You profited from it.
[Edited. Rawls]

Isn't it possible to be grateful for certain maneuvers from the company, but at the same time criticize others? I think it's reasonable.

this is lame shit. just give us the ability to craft premiums again with scraps but increase the price to what it was like to craft thronebreaker cards. i really dont like this bait and switch nonsense. its nice that you added this but this leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. i earned those scraps ive supported the game just let me use them to craft cards directly

THANK YOU!!!! I have been praying for this. I had 148K scraps because I was an idiot and didn't craft all premiums when HC was released and missed out.

I think that most will agree ont the fact that those premium kegs are overpriced.
But as long as it concerns pure cosmetic items, which can moreover be acquired by other means, I don't see any real problems.

I intend to buy a few ones, maybe 5, since I have more scraps than I need, whereas powder is the most precious ressource.

Now, about the milling of our collections at the beginning of HC, it is clear that it was a pretty bad deal. I however consider that there are two very different cases :

1) Cards obtained thanks to free to play. Since those cards were given for free, I would say that CDPR was entitled to do it (even if the milling wasn't fair).

2) Cards obtained thanks to real money. CDPR should have given the exact same ressources for those cards, at the beginning of HC

I wonder how many players bought premium cards and were unable to recraft them, because they weren't aware of the removal of the option to use scraps to craft premium.

I think it is a minority, but it is still really unfair for them.
I'm not among them, so I don't complain.

The majority of my premiums in Beta came from buying kegs with real money during premium keg events. Luckily I didn't miss the window of opportunity in HC to recraft base set premium cards using scraps. Even so, the economy changes regarding premium crafting left me significantly worse off.

With the full mill policy for HC, after crafting all the base set premiums with scraps, I effectively ended up with 118,095 scraps more and 80,900 powder less than I would have had if the full mill had been for scraps and powder instead of just scraps.

If CDPR had just given standard mill prices for the HC mill (so non-duplicates milled at full rates, but duplicates milled at standard rates), I'd have ended up with 124,720 scraps more and 43,830 powder less than if the full mill had been for scraps and powder.

In either case, now that powder and premiums are so hard to come by, I consider CDPR to have short-changed me considerably. Either of the above exchange rates are terrible now that crafting premiums with scraps only has been abolished.

While premium keg weekends were still happening, I felt less ripped off, because at least I could still hope to obtain future premium cards, like the CC expansion ones, without spending further money - I have already spent way too much during Beta. Now those premium keg weekends have gone too.

Frankly, at this price of 4000 scraps per premium keg and without being able to avoid base set cards, this just feels like an insulting rip-off and further salt in the wound.

1. CDPR didn't steal anything. You had a grace period where you could craft a whole premium collection. I just feel for those that have missed the opportunity.
2. That's the only thing I agree on to get upset about, even though Gwent is still one of the most generous CCG out there.
3. This special premium keg is entirely optional. CDPR hasn't screwed over the beta players because you are not forced to buy those kegs. It's just for those that have enough scraps and want to unload part of it. CDPR hasn't taken anything away from you, unlike with point #2.

Raunbjorn

CDPR gives a way to convert scraps into premiums, for those that have too many scraps, and players still find a way to complain about it. :shrug:

I'm not gonna bother with these kegs so whatever but the price is way too steep.
This only caters to people with a ton of scraps yet still it's terrible value. I think your comment was a bit too provocative for some, I mean, this is a place where we discuss all things Gwent including pricing on kegs.

CDPR gives a way to convert scraps into premiums, for those that have too many scraps, and players still find a way to complain about it. :shrug:
I don't find this a very fair and contextual response. Negative feedback or stating that something isn't for you cannot be automatically called complaining, especially not when it is about an optional thing. An example: I will "complain" when Gwent doesn't work or crashes my PC. Nobody used the word "complaining" in this thread before. So let's keep it clean and don't call it like that, because it doesn't help for an open and honest discussion.

I feel that this particular "special" deal is not intended for me and I explained my reasoning. I'm simply stating that I think it is way too expensive for most players, other than the ones who are swimming in scraps and are willing to pay this very high price for random premiums.

I don't find this a very fair and contextual response. Negative feedback or stating that something isn't for you cannot be automatically called complaining, especially not when it is about an optional thing. [...]

Fair enough. Just to clarify, I wasn't targeting anyone in particular. Some players do give constructive feedback. The price of the kegs is questionable, I agree. However, others take it a bit too far and stomp on the whole idea.

Bought 51 kegs for scientific purposes, got 1 legendary and 8 epics

Not my best investment in Gwent. Better to save scraps for later:smart:

1. CDPR didn't steal anything. You had a grace period where you could craft a whole premium collection. I just feel for those that have missed the opportunity.
2. That's the only thing I agree on to get upset about, even though Gwent is still one of the most generous CCG out there.
3. This special premium keg is entirely optional. CDPR hasn't screwed over the beta players because you are not forced to buy those kegs. It's just for those that have enough scraps and want to unload part of it. CDPR hasn't taken anything away from you, unlike with point #2.

1. It depends on your definition of 'steal'; but as you pointed out if you missed the short window for whatever reason, you were screwed by this in a big way.
2. Fully agree on the fact Gwent is way more generous then any other CCG, but some of the stuff CDPR pulled is just not acceptable, no matter how good they are in all other aspects.
3. Yes its optional; but it certainly feels like spiting in the face of Beta players who got their powder forcefully converted to scraps and then severally devalued; and its clear this keg is specifically aimed at Beta players who got stuck with a ton of scraps that now have limited use, because no new players will be able to buy these kegs any time soon.

THANK YOU!!!! I have been praying for this. I had 148K scraps because I was an idiot and didn't craft all premiums when HC was released and missed out.
I sure hope to god you didn't actually spend all your scraps on this scam. Once again they are F****** over beta players (like myself) with this promotion. I did the math with my 167k scraps and I would only average about 8k powder. 60 dollars worth?!? LOL a total slap in the face to those scarps earned. You are better off saving the scraps for future releases so you can at least craft a full standard set.
I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU CDPR, you trying to get people to spend those scarps before any more future releases so they will have to buy packs. I will be able to craft another 208 legendary cards before I need to spend any money. Get to work :D

I sure hope to god you didn't actually spend all your scraps on this scam. Once again they are F****** over beta players (like myself) with this promotion. I did the math with my 167k scraps and I would only average about 8k powder. 60 dollars worth?!? LOL a total slap in the face to those scarps earned. You are better off saving the scraps for future releases so you can at least craft a full standard set.
I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU CDPR, you trying to get people to spend those scarps before any more future releases so they will have to buy packs. I will be able to craft another 208 legendary cards before I need to spend any money. Get to work :D

Just wait until CDPR figures out a way to not allow us to craft new expansion cards with existing scraps without alienating 90% of the community :D

Top Bottom