New leader speculation/hope

+
NG got a tactical leader, which is nice

What leader ability do you hope for other factions?

I hope ST can get artifact/trap leader

NR is always about their orders, all three except adda have ability to utilize order abilities. Kinda boring if you think about it, but since Meve is not fit for specter scene, she can be another leader related with order, but has defensive skills (for example, boost a unit by 2 and give it immovable, cooldown 2)

SK has leader for bloodthirst, discard, damage and warrior. The new leader, given the SK playstyle and his characteristic in Thronebreaker, can be a berserker style leader, that is, give boons when ally unit takes damage

Monster has Supremacy, deathwish, consume and engine protection leader. I am not sure what ability should be given to the new leader, but something with spawning leeches like in Thronebreaker maybe nice

It has already been confirmed that Eldain will be a leader for traps.

I'd guess Meve might be a leader for the Soldier archetype as that one hasn't a clear leader yet. Or she might be a leader for the buffing archetype as Foltest doesn't really support that one much.

I'd expect Arnjolf to be either a self damage leader or a ship leader.

Thrive doesn't have its own leader and the whole "if you have the strongest unit" archetype has in reality no real leader either as Woodland spirit is used for somethign different in reality.
What might be cool, would be if she could spawn an immun 10 point unit, which will automatically destroy itself at the end of the turn. (3 charges)

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've been thinking about these too. So we know NG's, but what about the rest? From their attributes in Thronebreaker i can make some guesses:

Arnjolf will probably be self-damage, which i love, since his main goal is trying to get himself killed. Gernichora will probably be something to do with swarm, although Arachas Queen is already along those lines. Eldain i didnt know, all i remembered was him being a dick, but apparently its been confirmed he'll be the trap leader.

And Meve, my favourite... well i have absolutely no clue. NR already has a Order leader, a Charge Leader, and if they're not introducing new mechanics, i dont know, maybe soldiers like it's been mentioned here...

For those who may have missed Burza's leek image from Ask a Dev, here it is again:

Meve, Gernichora, Ardal, Arnjolf, and Eldain.

I've been thinking about these too. So we know NG's, but what about the rest? From their attributes in Thronebreaker i can make some guesses:

Arnjolf will probably be self-damage, which i love, since his main goal is trying to get himself killed. Gernichora will probably be something to do with swarm, although Arachas Queen is already along those lines. Eldain i didnt know, all i remembered was him being a dick, but apparently its been confirmed he'll be the trap leader.

And Meve, my favourite... well i have absolutely no clue. NR already has a Order leader, a Charge Leader, and if they're not introducing new mechanics, i dont know, maybe soldiers like it's been mentioned here...
It has already been confirmed that Eldain will be a leader for traps.

I'd guess Meve might be a leader for the Soldier archetype as that one hasn't a clear leader yet. Or she might be a leader for the buffing archetype as Foltest doesn't really support that one much.

I'd expect Arnjolf to be either a self damage leader or a ship leader.

Thrive doesn't have its own leader and the whole "if you have the strongest unit" archetype has in reality no real leader either as Woodland spirit is used for somethign different in reality.
What might be cool, would be if she could spawn an immun 10 point unit, which will automatically destroy itself at the end of the turn. (3 charges)

If Gernichora have ability like "consume an ally, transform it to a leech (have thrive) with equivalent strength +1 and play it. Cooldown 2" then it just might be able to be a thrive leader (by constantly trigger thrive ability of allies)

I didn't think a lot about this ability tho, just one possible way to get a thrive leader

Guest 4344268

This has probably already been asked elsewhere, but am I right in assuming that the new leaders will be unlockable through reward points? If so, does anyone know how many points per leader?

This has probably already been asked elsewhere, but am I right in assuming that the new leaders will be unlockable through reward points? If so, does anyone know how many points per leader?

The answer we got was "15". BUT, it might be possible Burza meant 15 each leader....As even I think 15 for all 5 leaders is too cheap

Duhad

Forum regular
The answer we got was "15". BUT, it might be possible Burza meant 15 each leader....As even I think 15 for all 5 leaders is too cheap

Based on the image above I would actually guess 15 for all 5 since they seem to all be in one tree and around 15 was about what it took to unlock all of the leaders in a single faction tree. I would imagine they want to let people unlock the new leaders fairly quickly since their a major new aspect of the game and given the image implies their only going to be part of a year based rotation system I doubt CDPR wants people grinding super hard just to unlock new leaders you can only use in the base format for a limited time.

I mean that's just what I am guessing from the "Year of the Boar" thing, but its pretty much given any long running card game that constantly adds new cards ends up rotating them out of the competitive set and into a casual/wild/free play card pool of everything ever put out. Magic does it, Pokemon does it, Hearthstone eventually did it though it took them a weirdly long time and given Gwent makes a clear distinction between the core set of cards and Throne Breaker and the fact that the new leaders seem to be part of a 'Year' set... Ya I think low RP to unlock, but they will eventually be replaced by new leaders who will help promote new archetypes added in future expansions.

I would like to see Meve with a protecting ability for order units. Like:"Whenever your opponent lock or destroy a unit with an unused order effect deal 2 damage to a random enemy unit". What do you think?

rrc

Forum veteran
I would like to see Meve with a protecting ability for order units. Like:"Whenever your opponent lock or destroy a unit with an unused order effect deal 2 damage to a random enemy unit". What do you think?
Even better and more awesome will be "Whenever an Order unit gets locked before using the order ability, unlock it". It would be super strong inate ability.

Top Bottom