New Lore from Season of Storms [spoiler free]

+
You know Nimue could have a dream about Geralt. She was obsessed with him after all. Whole scene seems to be out of place. Witcher coming out of nowhere, fighting with two swords, 105 years after his presume death, with Roach on his side, saving her life, then putting her to sleep. I just doesn't make any logical sense. Let's not forget, that whole scene concludes when Nimue says "I had the weirdest dream". So yes, "return" is very much debatable.

Geralt mentions in his conversation with Nimue the name of Rissberg monster "IDR Ul..." - name written on the metal plate attached to its corpse. How would Nimue be even capable of dreaming this up? The chapter in which Geralt appears is told from her perspective, there is no way.

Also, Somne is mentioned in the book before, we know it puts people to sleep. What's so weird about Geralt using it on Nimue, especially when he just wants to get away? Don't forget he whispers 'Illusion. Everything is an illusion' as he casts the sign to influence her mind. I'm not surprised Nimue thinks it's a dream - shit, if I met Elvis Presley in a forest and then somehow fall asleep and wake up there I would probably react in similar way... and blame alcohol.

Last edited:
Geralt mentions in his conversation with Nimue the name of Rissberg monster "IDR Ul..." - name written on the metal plate attached to its corpse. How would Nimue be even capable of dreaming this up? The chapter in which Geralt appears is told from her perspective, there is no way.

Also, Somne is mentioned in the book before, we know it puts people to sleep. What's so weird about Geralt using it on Nimue, especially when he just wants to get away? Don't forget he whispers 'Illusion. Everything is an illusion' as he casts the sign to influence her mind. I'm not surprised Nimue thinks it's a dream - shit, if I met Elvis Presley in a forest and then somehow fall asleep and wake up there I would probably react in similar way... and blame alcohol.

I didn't wrote, that your interpretation is wrong. I wrote it is debatable. Only strong argument in favour of "this is real post - saga Geralt" is plate with monster number. The rest suggest its a weird dream of a girl that is obsessed with tales and legends about Geralt of Rivia. His combat style, time period, his behaviour (waiting days for opportunity to kill this one particular monster), fact that nobody except Nimue ever sees him (also note, that older Nimue from saga never mention this meeting), the fact that Ciri had to be involved at some point. And the strongest doubt of them all - why?

Also, this is my last "inspoiler" post. I imagine, that going through this thread for vast majority of people, that didn't read SoS is quite annoying.

BTW this whole thing about cats ain't fact either, it's only strongly implied by Dandelion. :p

Last edited:
BTW this whole thing about cats ain't fact either, it's only strongly implied by Dandelion. :p

It's mentioned in the conversation with one of the wizards at Rissberg too :p It's a fact.

We will agree to disagree on the other issue.

About the ending of the SoS book.
Don't forget that Sapkowski has a nice sense of humor and likes to tease his fans.

Well it seems that the Sapkowski fans have inherited some of that humor.

You guys are such teases! Can't wait to be able to read the book.

Also thanks for sharing some info with us illiterate idiots that can't read Polish. :p

Official Russian translation is coming this year:
View attachment 7200
Though, a fan translation (quite decent one) was finished already last February, so I've read the book already somewhat long ago ;)

Thumbs up for Luxorek for collecting the pieces of new lore.

Attachments

• 1010936846.jpg
    1010936846.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 62
Well, I'm gonna have to wait 5 years for the portuguese version lol. The publisher here in Brazil follows the US translation. Until now we have the 2 short stories books and the first 2 from the novels. The third will be released next year I think

No. WMF Martins Fontes translate directly from the original polish edition.
And there is no plans for the SOS release. The idea is to finished with LOTL.

Last edited:
Witcher swords
The Witcher sword used to fight people and other non-magical creatures is sometimes made of Siderite steel – one that comes from a meteorite. Geralt states in the novel that there is no difference between a sword made from such steel and one made from, say, magnetite steel. What’s more, since meteorite steel is extremely rare most of the Witchers swords are made of different steel.
:rofl: I should probably throw out my small (100 pieces) collection of meteorite chunks from TW2.

New sign – Somne
Causes the target to fall asleep. That’s pretty much all it does.
That would be a great sign to put in TW3.More non aggresive solutions to problems is always great.
(In Gothic 3 the only spell I used was the sleep spell )

New monsters

• Vodyanoi – couldn’t be more different than the ones from TW1. In SoS it’s described as a river monster – huge flat head covered with algae, big mouth full of sharp teeth, fish eyes. Large enough to challenge a Sloop [it’s a ship].
Wow...that's unlike any description of a Vodyanoi I've heard/read.To be honest I like CDPR's portrayal more the Sapkowski's .
Cats
Cats are Witcher whose mutations failed. Sadists, madmen and psychopaths. They wear Cat medallions. They called themselves cats, because like them they are cruel, aggressive and unpredictable.
What...
Hybrids
Cross between a dwarf and an ogre is called a metis[...]
Wha...!!Aaa...a metis (crossbreed) for a second there I thought it was Mefris and the stories about me being found next to a dumbster were true...
And finally a massive spoiler…

Geralt lives. Nimue meets him in the forest 105 years after the events of Lady of the Lake. It’s not said how he got there.
Sapkowski is such a troll :troll:

Why are you all saying "Geralt's Return" and he lives cause nimue finds him 105 years after The Lady of The Lake?? Isn't SoS before all the books and stories? So of course Geralt lives because we already read books about what happens after SoS.

Please explain. No spoilers please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you all saying "Geralt's Return" and he lives cause nimue finds him 105 years after The Lady of The Lake?? Isn't SoS before all the books and stories? So of course Geralt lives because we already read books about what happens after SoS.

Please explain. No spoilers please.

Yes the book is set before the Main Storyline, and some of the short stories. But there are flashbacks, or rather.. flash-forwards in the books. That is how Geralt meets Nimue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't realy kwon why you're getting exited. It's equalily possible that Geralts return was Nimues halucination.

Cats are Witcher whose mutations failed. Sadists, madmen and psychopaths. They wear Cat medallions. They called themselves cats, because like them they are cruel, aggressive and unpredictable.

This doesn't fit at all. It looks unconvincing . The medallions are given to witchers by the school, when they are ready to take the path . So if those guys have cat medallions it means there is a cat school (which makes these cat medallions.) So there is a school for sadist and psychopathic witchers ?? o_O :wat:

Also, if the experiments with herbs and mutagens went wrong those students died .It was never mentioned any kind of side effect like schizophrenia

This doesn't fit at all. It looks unconvincing . The medallions are given to witchers by the school, when they are ready to take the path . So if those guys have cat medallions it means there is a cat school (which makes these cat medallions.) So there is a school for sadist and psychopathic witchers ?? o_O :wat:

Also, if the experiments with herbs and mutagens went wrong those students died .It was never mentioned any kind of side effect like schizophrenia

Well the medallions were made by the wizards/sorceresses who aided in the trail (right?). And these medallions are things that some sorceresses or wizards in the current time line of The Witcher can also make. So either the 'failed experiments' were given a cat medallion when they left the other schools or all the failed witchers came together to form a group/school of outcasts and made the cat symbol theirs. So they can be recognized by other witchers for what they are.

And I believe because of the experiments with the herbs and mutagens a subject usually lives or dies, so it wouldn't be that strange if the living subjects still experienced some of the effects of the trail.

Top Bottom