New money exploit patch 1.22

+
The Taxman in Oxenfurt should show no mercy when using exploits like this
confiscate every coin, no matter what. :teeth:

Summary of the video:

- Aard some beehives onto a Hunter's location (near Arinbjorn)
- Have the hunter die due to bees
- Collect his stuff, mostly the sword (it sold in this case for ~150 crowns from what I saw)
- The hunter respawns hourly after a meditation, during the day. So, meditate for a while in 1 hour steps, then collect the loot.
- Sell it. The bearded smith (no idea if armorer or blacksmith) in Kaer Trolde Keep refills his money bag every hour on meditation right next to him, so he's the ideal guy to sell the stuff to.

It seemed a somewhat tedious process, to be honest. ;)

But awesome and funny anyway, given the history of @Blackmadmonkey's money exploits and CDPR's fixes for just these exploits. :D

Last edited:
For 150 crowns every hour?

Quicker to go to every question mark in Skellege.

want quick money? sell your unused runestones.

tbh you dont need this on skellige, there is a time at the beginning where you need coin, your problem later is to find merchants who will be able buy all the loot from you

want quick money? sell your unused runestones.
That's not the point here. The OP and CDPR have an ongoing history about money making exploits. Check his older videos concerning a certain dwarven smith in White Orchard, and the patch note history to get an idea what's going on. :D

I think at first, he killed that dwarf with a bomb. -> CDPR made the dwarf invulnerable to that bomb.
Then the beehives -> CDPR fixed that, too.
I think there was a stage with Bovine Avengers killing the dwarf, too -> probably fixed?

Now this. :)

It's just a case of "I am more stubborn than you guys", and it's hilarious. :)

That's not the point here. The OP and CDPR have an ongoing history about money making exploits. Check his older videos concerning a certain dwarven smith in White Orchard, and the patch note history to get an idea what's going on. :D

I think at first, he killed that dwarf with a bomb. -> CDPR made the dwarf invulnerable to that bomb.
I think there was a stage with Bovine Avengers killing the dwarf, too -> probably fixed?

The lulz are real.

I just stung the dwarf in white orchard before the patch....Gerald has 400000 crowns. I also started a new game and stung the dwarf, just so if I wanna do a regular playthrough again.....I will have enough coin. (Have that save backed upped)

They patched the "stinging the dwarf" out did they not? Before or with patch 1.22 rite.

im still on patch 1.20 ATM (ps4)...... Cause patch 1.22 kills the game on ps4

Last edited:

I've known about the exploits, didn't know it was the same person each time. Don't use exploits myself

next suggested fix: if User = OP, take 1000 crowns from pocket each game hour. :)

---------- Updated at 03:18 PM ----------

I just stung the dwarf in white orchard before the patch....Gerald has 400 000 crowns. I also started a new game and stung the dwarf, just so if I wanna do a regular playthrough again.....I will have enough coin. (Have that save backed upped)

They patched the "stinging the dwarf" out did they not? Before or with patch 1.22 rite.

im still on patch 1.20 ATM (ps4)...... Cause patch 1.22 kills the game on ps4
Patch1.22

I just checked the end result, and it looks like the OP got 3.7k crowns for all the work in the end. That's two ingame days of hunter farming.

I'd probably just hunt down some bandits and sell their swords, if I needed money because of a misunderstanding with a guard about acquisition of property that's just lying around in town. Pretty sure that those threesomes of bandits near map borders and at the coasts of Skellige islands respawn; there's one spot on Faroe (or Hindarsfjall?) where they just seem to keep coming, IIRC.

Or, then again, I had plenty of these misunderstandings in my last playthrough (don't ask) and never reloaded and still > 100k crowns in the end, and 2 grandmaster sets.

Last edited:
I just checked the end result, and it looks like the OP got 3.7k crowns for all the work in the end. That's two ingame days of hunter farming.

I'd probably just hunt down some bandits and sell their swords, if I needed money because of a misunderstanding with a guard about acquisition of property that's just lying around in town. Pretty sure that those threesomes of bandits near map borders and at the coasts of Skellige islands respawn; there's one spot on Faroe (or Hindarsfjall?) where they just seem to keep coming, IIRC.

Or, then again, I had plenty of these misunderstandings in my last playthrough (don't ask) and never reloaded and still > 100k crowns in the end, and 2 grandmaster sets.

I just run from guards.

In my current playthrough, level 35 just beat the toad and mage in Hos, payed for all upgrades to the Ofieri Rune guy. No exploits, do open most chests etc, only visited places of power and about a dozen other ? and I've got $75000 crowns.

I just don't know why you need money exploits.

I've never understood why you'd "need" money exploits (or any other exploits for that matter). Crowns are super easy to earn/find/steal from NPCs' houses, and if you collect all the orens and florens you come across you'll get even more crowns.

The only time I've ever had economical problems in TW3 was when guards took nearly 100k from me because I was fighting some baddies, and even then the only real problem would've been funding a certain craftsman.

I've watched various exploit guide videos, and I've got to say these beehive ones are a lot of fun to watch. :p

I just run from guards.
I do the same usually. But something stopped me from running away fast enough a couple of times. Maybe because I play without minimap in the HUD, so I noticed the guards turning hostile a bit too late; maybe the crates in question put me into a corner... things like that happened. Must've lost about 25k crowns to them. ;)

I had another one just yesterday in Velen, too. Fighting wild dogs near Blackbough, some nearby baron's henchman thought that I should put my blade away. I was far too late to notice him sneaking up on me from behind, and my money was gone again. I actually like these events, except when I just have finished stealing everything from Novigrad and it happens just after I sold all the loot... :D

Last edited:
I do the same usually. But something stopped me from running away fast enough a couple of times. Maybe because I play without minimap in the HUD, so I noticed the guards turning hostile a bit too late; maybe the crates in question put me into a corner... things like that happened. Must've lost about 25k crowns to them. ;)

combat stance didn't give it away? I'm not a big fan of it. Paying money each time you die in Borderlands series was even worse.

Last edited:
If I was paying attention on the combat stances, I wouldn't get into this kind of trouble so often, would I? I seem to be rather single-minded while cashing in the junk from the crates. ;)

The minimap did help me before I took my break from TW3 ("red dots! run!"); but the desire for more immersion made me hide it. So, now I sometimes get into trouble. It's awesome though. :)

And, to return to the topic, I still do not have any use for the money making exploits. The crowns just keep flowing in anyway.

lol.

I've played as often with as without. Now I play with, to minimize opening the main map. I do turn off the dotted line, don't use witcher senses much, I turn off quest information.

Back on topic: It's easy to earn money post level 10.

Top Bottom