New Monster cards

+
Thank you again my friend.

So i think that card its not so good.
It's perhaps easier to deal with than Endrega (now only has 1 Armour), but it does play for more points.
3 damage can turn either into a +1 engine, but Selfeater can still split if it doesn't keep receiving damage. Players might have to wait until the first split then kill the Spawned copy to deal with it.

But only time will tell which is going to be better.

I don't understand how stuff like this can keep happening. For me this is probably even more broken than SK Warriors back then. Instead of cards with interesting abilities that represent a faction's identity and require at least a little amount of skill to get value for there's lazy stuff like Sabbath and those ridiculous new MO cards and broken interactions with Caranthir. Someone mentioned that CDPR might actually WANT this to happen, I doubted this back then. Looks like I was wrong, lol. You can't tell me that mistakes like these can't be avoided easily.

Last edited:
Just farm them with bounty, Im playing bloodmoney with the full bounty package and its doing pretty well on ladder rn.

Guest 4375874

I don't understand how stuff like this can keep happening. For me this is probably even more broken than SK Warriors back then. Instead of cards with interesting abilities that represent a faction's identity and require at least a little amount of skill to get value for there's lazy stuff like Sabbath and those ridiculous new MO cards and broken interactions with Caranthir. Someone mentioned that CDPR might actually WANT this to happen, I doubted this back then. Looks like I was wrong, lol. You can't tell me that mistakes like these can't be avoided easily.
lol I see we have now agreed :beer: As I said before it's either incompetence or it's intentional and it's looking more like the latter. MO is my main faction but I don't enjoy cheap wins. I checked the ladder earlier, tried the cards and decided to give the game a break until this is patched.

I still think you guys should wait some days to see how The rest of the faction performs.

In The first part of the expansion i think everyone played MO first and beggening to win a lot of games.

Than players start to tech with others factions and MO stayed at a tier 2 deck.

Play MO/sabath is, in theory, The easyiest thing, since you Just out The big Boys and let The Magic happens.

But, as i said, After that, players will start to play better with other factions (i already see good matchups against SC spelliatell and it performs really good).

For the Last, i am not saying this New cards arent broken. They can yes be broken and needed a nerf, but I am tellng to wait some days tô take that conclusion

I don't think you have to wait to see that Caranthir into Bloody Mistress is not ok, since the 1-power unit immediately transforms into a 7-power unit if Sabbath is enabled.

Caranthir -> Living armor? ok that combo is broken Cara needs change. Oh! Lets give him Bloody Mistress becaus koshchey is not broken enough. Can sombody please call for the possesion of penance to visit a certain devs office:facepalm:

Ok, so I don't even win against this with almost full locks. I hope the devs hurry up just a LITTLE bit with the hotfix this time ^^ Oh and if any of them is reading this: Nerfing by one provision or power does NOT solve this!!

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Caranthir -> Living armor? ok that combo is broken Cara needs change. Oh! Lets give him Bloody Mistress becaus koshchey is not broken enough. Can sombody please call for the possesion of penance to visit a certain devs office:facepalm:
I am not defending caranthir, as i said in The other topic i think He needs a change and fit better in wild Hunt theme.

Buuut, despite that, i think his first change wasnt because players were using with living armor (i dont even think that its a higr combo) but because players were using it with The old etherium

Guest 4375874

I am not defending caranthir, as i said in The other topic i think He needs a change and fit better in wild Hunt theme.

Buuut, despite that, i think his first change wasnt because players were using with living armor (i dont even think that its a higr combo) but because players were using it with The old etherium
there was zero valid reason for the previous Caranthir nerf, nothing that he copied at the time compared to the greedy decks that were being pumped out. MO was barely Tier 2 at the time and Caranthir wasn't in any of those decks. The devs claimed it was because it limited their design options yet the best they came up with after was Viy and now Sabbath which relies on much of the same thrive and point slam.

Caranthir isn't the problem, even if they rework him you will still not be able to stop the greedy cards they released, what you will do is kill the other struggling decks that he does work in. Several other factions still have their cards that create copies, Adalia...Braathens..the list goes on and many of them are staples in their faction. They however aren't forced to play into one mechanic like thrive and Sabbath which are near impossible to balance because they're too simplistic. You'll either miss terribly or win greedily, there's no in between for this kind of design.

Caranthir isn't the problem, even if they rework him you will still not be able to stop the greedy cards they released, what you will do is kill the other struggling decks that he does work in. Several other factions still have their cards that create copies, Adalia...Braathens..the list goes on and many of them are staples in their faction. .
Well, while I agree in other parts of what you've said, you can't compare cards that only copy bronzes with a card that copies golds. They're not at the same level at all.
Caranthir is not the only problem, but is a card that is always generating troubles in the game.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
there was zero valid reason for the previous Caranthir nerf, nothing that he copied at the time compared to the greedy decks that were being pumped out. MO was barely Tier 2 at the time and Caranthir wasn't in any of those decks. The devs claimed it was because it limited their design options yet the best they came up with after was Viy and now Sabbath which relies on much of the same thrive and point slam.

Caranthir isn't the problem, even if they rework him you will still not be able to stop the greedy cards they released, what you will do is kill the other struggling decks that he does work in. Several other factions still have their cards that create copies, Adalia...Braathens..the list goes on and many of them are staples in their faction. They however aren't forced to play into one mechanic like thrive and Sabbath which are near impossible to balance because they're too simplistic. You'll either miss terribly or win greedily, there's no in between for this kind of design.
In fact The ethereal deck was a Good deck and toxic too.

I remember well, they change caranthir to only spawn monsters cards because of ethereal (than, in The next month they nerfed ethereal from the ground).

Guest 4375874

Well, while I agree in other parts of what you've said, you can't compare cards that only copy bronzes with a card that copies golds. They're not at the same level at all.
Caranthir is not the only problem, but is a card that is always generating troubles in the game.
Yes they can. Caranthir plays a 1p copy and has a limited pool of targets where he's useful because his copies do not deploy. The others while they cannot copy golds play for full value, allows deploy and control. We can go back and forth about this but if Caranthir was half as good as you suggest he would see more play than the other cards and he does not. No one even thought of Caranthir until two days ago and while he saw some play with Koschey that was only encouraged because of Sabbath and the buff to koschey via Endrega.

All this points to the mechanics being added. If the cards had a more thought out mechanic instead of Sabbath none of those interactions with Caranthir would be broken. I don't know how many times we need to see this repeated. Ethereal...Viy....they continually nerfed other cards until eventually they had to address the actual problem.

The new Gerni feels to me like a Vyi deck, in a sense OP and very annoying but once you leanr how to handle it, no big deal. For me bounty absolutely decimates this deck since it doesn't have almost any control and all my bounty placers and spenders linger on the board removing one target after another. I think that SC movement deck will deal with it quite nicely as well although i didn't try it yet.

Yes they can. Caranthir plays a 1p copy and has a limited pool of targets where he's useful because his copies do not deploy. The others while they cannot copy golds play for full value, allows deploy and control. We can go back and forth about this but if Caranthir was half as good as you suggest he would see more play than the other cards and he does not. No one even thought of Caranthir until two days ago and while he saw some play with Koschey that was only encouraged because of Sabbath and the buff to koschey via Endrega.

All this points to the mechanics being added. If the cards had a more thought out mechanic instead of Sabbath none of those interactions with Caranthir would be broken. I don't know how many times we need to see this repeated. Ethereal...Viy....they continually nerfed other cards until eventually they had to address the actual problem.
Most of the times when you play an legendary card is not for the POWER but the ability it brings with, and that is what Caranthir guarantees; so, having 1 power seems not to be a big problem for Koschey, Kiki Queen in her times or Gerni now. It's true you have a more limited pool, but it's also more powerful.

I'm not saying Caranthir is an amazing card by itself. His problem is he allows you to play two times the ability of your best card without any condition (well, you have a 1 power card + 4 from Caranthir). It's been a long time since I read about this card being a problem with the new aditions. If this is happening everytime maybe it's because this card is ALSO (and that meaning not only) a problem.

I am currently watching shinmiri's stream and apparently there has been a hotfix and Bloody Mistress doesn't change power when transforming anymore if I understood correctly.

Most of the times when you play an legendary card is not for the POWER but the ability it brings with, and that is what Caranthir guarantees; so, having 1 power seems not to be a big problem for Koschey, Kiki Queen in her times or Gerni now. It's true you have a more limited pool, but it's also more powerful.

I'm not saying Caranthir is an amazing card by itself. His problem is he allows you to play two times the ability of your best card without any condition (well, you have a 1 power card + 4 from Caranthir). It's been a long time since I read about this card being a problem with the new aditions. If this is happening everytime maybe it's because this card is ALSO (and that meaning not only) a problem.
Let's be real, the issue with Caranthir into Gernichora is the fact that every additional copy of Gernichora is stronger than the previous one, also before the stealth nerf Bloody Mistress also cancels the reduction to 1 power and Idarran should not be able to work with Caranthir (i.e. Bloody Mistress is designed to have as strong a synergy with Caranthir as possible).

One solution would also be to introduce a unique tag on Golds that one cannot have multiple copies at the same time on the board, more often that not the additional copy is not that oppressive if you could not stack it with the original copy.

Edit: That is only a temporary solution, however since the copies do not change power upon transforming one can allow Idarran to create an additional Bloody Mistress (i.e. ignore him) and then use Stammelford's Tremors from hand to kill both copies of Gerni and all newly spawned Fruits (as they will all remain on 1 for an entire turn).

Last edited:
I'm being real saying that: Caranthir is who allows abuses happen because he creates duplicates of strong cards. As you said, the problem is the existence of the copies. So... Who should we blame if not who creates it?

Top Bottom