New Monster cards

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Take a look at these fresh Monsters arriving June 8th...

But don't get too close!

MON_EN.png

More reveals:
Thanedd Coup

Last edited:
Gan Ceann's is rather a disquieting image, and I am a bit surprised to see a witch apprentice join the Monsters' ranks.

Guest 4375874

Take a look at these fresh Monsters arriving June 8th...

But don't get too close!

View attachment 11221448
As long as Viy remains as it is no one is even going to play these cards for more than a few days, and I say this as someone who mains MO. There was so much excitement about foglets and weather making a comeback during the last patch and look where we are now...back to Viy. She who knows looks like it can make it's way into some other archetypes but Viy will just kill any creativity for the rest of the cards as it has deathwish.

As long as Viy remains as it is no one is even going to play these cards for more than a few days, and I say this as someone who mains MO. There was so much excitement about foglets and weather making a comeback during the last patch and look where we are now...back to Viy. She who knows looks like it can make it's way into some other archetypes but Viy will just kill any creativity for the rest of the cards as it has deathwish.
True, even though, objectively speaking Foglet overperforms for a 4 provision card (when we compare what value 4 provision cards give). It's obviously not enough to carry an entire archetype. :I

Well just imagine dropping a 15 point Viy at the end of round 1 with no consume but it gets resilience. Honestly I think we will see a lot of purify plays with the new SY and MO cards. Also I think thrive decks will benefit as well

Guest 4375874

Well just imagine dropping a 15 point Viy at the end of round 1 with no consume but it gets resilience. Honestly I think we will see a lot of purify plays with the new SY and MO cards. Also I think thrive decks will benefit as well
wouldn't work. odds are She who knows would just get destroyed or locked, it'll have to be the last card played not Viy. Besides, to fit her in that deck would require removing a tutor which would weaken Viy....not that I'd mind that >.>
Post automatically merged:

True, even though, objectively speaking Foglet overperforms for a 4 provision card (when we compare what value 4 provision cards give). It's obviously not enough to carry an entire archetype. :I
that just shows how bad things are. Foglet is sorta OP (though situational) but it isn't seeing any play. None of the buffed cards are, everyone just reverted back to Viy because it's easy.

As per usual i'm totaly biased against MO.
Mistress - did they change Gerni's lore? Another super safe engine, that doesn't require much skill to play.
Mamunna - it's literary better Simlas. The skill requirements are not proportional to the point output.
Selfeater - interesting card. Seems to be well designed, but i'm afraid it will either be too strong or fall flat.
Effigy - too matchup dependant. It's trash against ST, but too strong against MO or SK.

[...] Mamunna - it's literary better Simlas. The skill requirements are not proportional to the point output. [...]
That is not true though, Simlas can pull any number of copies. You might argue that only Vanadain can do that currently, however that is not the fault of Simlas.

[...]
Effigy - too matchup dependant. It's trash against ST, but too strong against MO or SK.
It is garbage, even against MO.
Hitting Golds is locked behind having played Gerni, in which one does not want to continue playing Specials anyways.
Outside of some fringe scenarios of trying to prevent Mamunna this card will always be a horrendous version of Squirrel (and even in the previous case it is better at that).

[...]
Mistress - did they change Gerni's lore? Another super safe engine, that doesn't require much skill to play.
[...]
I would argue the opposite, given that this card lives and dies by deckbuilding and timing, not to mention that, unless you can flip of Sabbath (or run Fruits of Ysgith), answering the Fruits is enough to completely stop her (which would take the same amount of effort as dealing with a Nekker).

That is not true though, Simlas can pull any number of copies. You might argue that only Vanadain can do that currently, however that is not the fault of Simlas.

It is garbage, even against MO.
Hitting Golds is locked behind having played Gerni, in which one does not want to continue playing Specials anyways.
Outside of some fringe scenarios of trying to prevent Mamunna this card will always be a horrendous version of Squirrel (and even in the previous case it is better at that).

I would argue the opposite, given that this card lives and dies by deckbuilding and timing, not to mention that, unless you can flip of Sabbath (or run Fruits of Ysgith), answering the Fruits is enough to completely stop her (which would take the same amount of effort as dealing with a Nekker).
Yes, but in worst scenario she is a 9 for 10.

(7 points + The 2 points you have to use to kill The fruits).

Yes, but in worst scenario she is a 9 for 10.

(7 points + The 2 points you have to use to kill The fruits).
Yes, in the worst card this 10p card, that requires an additional condition plays about 3-5 points below what competetive 10p cards are expected to play for (if they have no removal value).
Gernichora is good, no argument there, however assuming she always plays for good value is absurd.

Yes, in the worst card this 10p card, that requires an additional condition plays about 3-5 points below what competetive 10p cards are expected to play for (if they have no removal value).
Gernichora is good, no argument there, however assuming she always plays for good value is absurd.
I am not assuming she always plays for a good value.

I am saying even if fruits are killed she is still a 9 for 10 provision, what its "good" (of course we expect a 10p card has more power than only 9, but its not so bad).

also, if you are playing with fruits leader, problably your leader's fruit has more than 1 point (since you needed to play some cards to reach sabath), so its not that easy to kill it (despite, of course, even if you kill it, in the next turn the opponent can create another one).

In other hand, she is a good target for caranthir. So, unless you are using a deck with a lot of pins (NG balista siege, or SK warrios or SY) its not that easy to deal with 4 fruits (in 2 turns). Also, in the case of SY you problably need to spend 2 coins (freakshow or tunnel drill) to do 1 damage, wich increase her "value" to 11.
Post automatically merged:

In other hand, caranthir has so many good targets now. If devs doenst change it (and i pray to not change because i like MO), i can see i making a deck with renew only to use caranthir 2 times

[...]
also, if you are playing with fruits leader, problably your leader's fruit has more than 1 point (since you needed to play some cards to reach sabath), so its not that easy to kill it (despite, of course, even if you kill it, in the next turn the opponent can create another one).
[...]
Isn't that a good thing though ?
Fruits of Ysgith + Gernichora is still not broken, however incentivizes a leader ability that currently see no serious play.

[...]
In other hand, caranthir has so many good targets now. If devs doenst change it (and i pray to not change because i like MO), i can see i making a deck with renew only to use caranthir 2 times
The issue with reworking Caranthir is that as soon as Caranthir gets reworked Koshchey will no longer see any serious play.

Last edited:
I do not see Caranthir as the huge problem. The biggest point generation is still Caranthir into Kiki Queen unanswered.

Due to the fact that the strategy above is very often answered the less row focused approach of Caranthir into Kotschey became most often used. Here I am in favor of adding "Reduce the base strength of each generated Endrega Larvae to 1".

What do we have now?

Caranthir into Bloody Mistress at Sabbath: Offers huge point slam of 13 (4 body +7 body Mistress + 2 Fruits). Plus an additional immediate 4+ engine unanswered (2 Fruits Thrive, +2 Fruit Boost, +2 Fruit boost for 2nd Bloody Mistress)
=> If speaking about nerf I would simply reduce the body of both Bloody Mistress and Gernichora accordingly and not Caranthir.

Caranthir into Mammuna into Gan Ceann (already teleported once) at Sabbath: Offers highest point slam of 24 (2 body, 13 Gan Ceann, 9 replay Gan Ceann). Probably the second Mammuna however will find lower bodies.
=> This one I consider to be much more dangerous. Furthermore I am expecting that this will be MO´s new key round 3 finisher and players will tech against with Graveyard attack card (Maybe even Xavier will find some competive play then).
=> But here I consider the Caranthir interaction to be less problematic as there will probably not be enough best targets in the graveyard
=> Speaking about nerfs I would really go for conditional Zeal.

Last edited:
I do not see Caranthir as the huge problem. The biggest point generation is still Caranthir into Kiki Queen unanswered.

Due to the fact that the strategy above is very often answered the less row focused approach of Caranthir into Kotschey became most often used. Here I am in favor of adding "Reduce the base strength of each generated Endrega Larvae to 1".

What to we have now?

Caranthir into Bloody Mistress at Sabbath: Offers huge point slam of 13 (4 body +7 body Mistress + 2 Fruits). Plus an additional immediate 4+ engine unanswered (2 Fruits Thrive, +2 Fruit Boost, +2 Fruit boost for 2nd Bloody Mistress)
=> If speaking about nerf I would simply reduce the body of both Bloody Mistress and Gernichora accordingly and not Caranthir.
[...]
Another option would also be to reduce Caranthir to 2 base strength (it should really not go lower due to Thrive units it can spawn) or increase the provisions.

Also possible. But even without Caranthir Kotschey, Bloody Mistress and Mamunna appear to be kind of problematic for me. So why nerf a well functioning card when the cards copied by him are the problem?

Guest 4375874

Another option would also be to reduce Caranthir to 2 base strength (it should really not go lower due to Thrive units it can spawn) or increase the provisions.
That wouldn't solve the problem, it's his targets that are the issue. A copy of Koshcey is out of removal range for most factions and the same for Mamuna and in certain cases Bloody Mistress. Two of these generate points wide so even taking out the copy still plays for massive points that only increase each turn. That is broken, and the same can be repeated the next turn with very little effort or setup required.

MO indeed needed a new mechanic to compete but Sabbath is simplistic and lazy design, as is the over reliance on thrive.

i have a question about selfeater.

If the opponent damage the card for something more than half the base points of it, it will stop the order?

So 3 points damage in the first play stop the order?

Top Bottom