New Monster cards

+
I'm being real saying that: Caranthir is who allows abuses happen because he creates duplicates of strong cards. As you said, the problem is the existence of the copies. So... Who should we blame if not who creates it?
I am saying that Bloody Mistress is deliberately designed to work with being copied by Caranthir.
The issue is not that Caranthir being able to copy Gold cards is unbalanced, it is gamebreaking if the copy play generates more points than the original (which was somewhat fixed with the change that Bloody Mistress will no longer "Heal" upon transforming).

Well, I don't agree. All this problems would be solved without Caranthir because is the existence of copies which makes this unbalanced.

The problem is neither Caranthir nor Idarran; the problem is with the ten zillion horribly overpowered engines CDPR keeps churning out. No card should generate so many points that choosing not to answer it is unviable. This creates the highly random, binary play where match outcome depends solely upon who draws the right card. Two point a turn engines should be rare, special, and temperamental. Engines moving out of 5 point removal range on their initial turn should be rare, special, and temperamental. Tall removal should be rare and costly.

I say get rid of the real problem cards: Unseen Elder, Kikimore Queen, Bloody Mistress, Detlaff van der Eretein, Koshchey, Orianna, Ancient Foglet, Witch Apprentice to name just those in Monsters. Then a lot of game problems disappear.

The problem is neither Caranthir nor Idarran; the problem is with the ten zillion horribly overpowered engines CDPR keeps churning out. No card should generate so many points that choosing not to answer it is unviable. This creates the highly random, binary play where match outcome depends solely upon who draws the right card. Two point a turn engines should be rare, special, and temperamental. Engines moving out of 5 point removal range on their initial turn should be rare, special, and temperamental. Tall removal should be rare and costly.

I say get rid of the real problem cards: Unseen Elder, Kikimore Queen, Bloody Mistress, Detlaff van der Eretein, Koshchey, Orianna, Ancient Foglet, Witch Apprentice to name just those in Monsters. Then a lot of game problems disappear.
Completely agree, even though I consider Idarran to be an engine too. In my opinion there can and should definitely be engines that, if left unanswered, generate more value than cards which are pure pointslam. But this should never lead to the situation that just one of these can almost single-handedly win you the game if you passed the skill check not to encounter an opponent with at least five locks, one Maraal and Heatwave in his deck.

Completely agree, even though I consider Idarran to be an engine too. In my opinion there can and should definitely be engines that, if left unanswered, generate more value than cards which are pure pointslam. But this should never lead to the situation that just one of these can almost single-handedly win you the game if you passed the skill check not to encounter an opponent with at least five locks, one Maraal and Heatwave in his deck.
You’re right — Idarran is an engine, and a good one. By my previous analysis, he should not exceed 5 health.

Guest 4375874

I agree. Though unfortunately that would leave MO with very little to compete with and CDPR doesn't appear to know how to create mechanics for the faction that aren't just point slam. Did they cut staff or something because the more cards they reveal the more it becomes apparent that something has changed creatively and not for the better.
Post automatically merged:

The new Gerni feels to me like a Vyi deck, in a sense OP and very annoying but once you leanr how to handle it, no big deal. For me bounty absolutely decimates this deck since it doesn't have almost any control and all my bounty placers and spenders linger on the board removing one target after another. I think that SC movement deck will deal with it quite nicely as well although i didn't try it yet.
you're using one broken deck to justify another not being broken. SY itself is overtuned but that's a much bigger problem than just a few cards, their entire coin system needs to be balanced. it just so happens that Gerni and the other MO cards are more recent so we know specifically what went wrong. ST movement deck cannot keep up with these cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Though unfortunately that would leave MO with very little to compete with and CDPR doesn't appear to know how to create mechanics for the faction that aren't just point slam. Did they cut staff or something because the more cards they reveal the more it becomes apparent that something has changed creatively and not for the better.
Yeah, I completely agree. This is the root of the problem.
MO have been typecast to be little/no control, but just putting big threats on the board that need to be answered.
So MO basically start playing solitaire, and it's up to the opponent to try and deal with it.
And this sort of makes Caranthir necessary to MO, because he can recreate a threat to help overwhelm the opponent's control options.

Last edited:
you're using one broken deck to justify another not being broken.
i think the term broken is used a bit to freely lately, every annoying deck or card is "broken" now. Gerni deck will strugle against a control heavy deck, while my SY deck srugles against SK Reckless fury and lockheavy NG (its mine so probably could be optimized by the pro's).

I'm not saying no changes are needed, in fact i wrote in the SY post about The Scoundrell being absolutely insane before the expansion, but if you ask me last season Jackpot was way more dominant than what we have now.

I'll actually try the movoment deck in a few games against gerni, i still think that it has potential.

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED
You can run but you can't hide from these brand new Monsters coming with Harvest of Sorrow on October 5th!

Group_Reveal_ENmo.png

Because of Cursed, the Werewolves could have been buffed.

But i guess because of the major other buffs old MO-cards are getting in patch 10.7, there just wasn't any room to fit these in /s

Acid Spit still not great, why not something with poison here?

Armored Arachas is just bad, maybe worse than previous. Needs an overhaul. It should do something with armor, not useless timer. I liked the previous version better.
Post automatically merged:

Plus some love to the Beasts and Specters would be appreciated. Can't the Beast have beast tag as well?. Morvudd is really nice, together with the rats from the wraith or plague maiden and the chimera, griffins, aguaras and others but this deck needs something extra.

Last edited:
Top Bottom