New Monster Leader Gernichora react with artifact twice

+
As title , when you have spear or shield on board , you can active their ability once , then spawn the fruit and the artifact will be refreshed and can then be activated twice.
This is not intended by design I guess , but it happens now when the new leader's order is used .
Hope this problem can be fixed quickly.

I don't think its a bug. It says she "spawns and plays" the fruit. The card is "played" thus the artifact recharges

I don't think its a bug. It says she "spawns and plays" the fruit. The card is "played" thus the artifact recharges

It's not a bug. It was overlooked. Must be fixed fast. Gernicora can "Summon" not "Play" and the problem is solved. You can't tech against 2 Spears and 2 Shields....or you can, but what about the "No-Gernicora" matchups? Or should we play all Usurper?

Guest 4339135

As title , when you have spear or shield on board , you can active their ability once , then spawn the fruit and the artifact will be refreshed and can then be activated twice.
This is not intended by design I guess , but it happens now when the new leader's order is used .
Hope this problem can be fixed quickly.

Yeah, CDPR acts again completely incompetent and all players immediately milk this out. This says all about the personality of these 'players', they would sell their own for more value.
Post automatically merged:

I'll be that guy and extend this statement to the general version. Make next season the Season of the Monster nerfs, pretty please. This is the second patch where tall counters were nerfed but tall units were left untouched. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Typically CDPR, so many problems in this game and then it's time to create some new by joining in some new leaders. They cut the only playable leaders from Nilfgaard and NR down and Monsters, which are already extremely strong, get buffed again with this patch. There is no justification and comprehension left for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you nerf artifacts and buff the strongest faction in the same time? Give them a leader that interact twice with artifacts in one turn. :)

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
this deck is easy to counter

Can you give me some (not too obvious) exaples? If I give more artifact removal, I screw up my other matchups (and my deck). If not, Gernicora makes 3/4 points/turn (1 point token - eat with something (thrive +1) - 2 pings with spears...repeat next turn). If they have a spears + a shield, it's even "better". And some variants of this deck runs Caretaker too for 3rd round.

One of the easiest ways is to use Vysgotha of Corvo and Dandelion together. You will get 2 points for every Egg that is played and by thus completly negate the enemy leader.

One of the easiest ways is to use Vysgotha of Corvo and Dandelion together. You will get 2 points for every Egg that is played and by thus completly negate the enemy leader.
The easiest way is to play Usurper...but I don't want to. Or play what you said, but I don't want to play NR (and the Gern-decs run Cyclops/Drowner/some other removal so they can counter Vysogota/Dandelion). I think, it's not good for the game, if you have to play a specific faction to counter only one leader.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, after an entire afternoon of playing this new update, this is the biggest problem i came across: in its attempt to nerf spears and shields, CDPR actually buffed them!

The problem is not just Gernichora - you can manage your pings and buffs to do it twice on a turn (put the artefact, next turn, ping with artefact, put unit, ping artefact again)

They should program the artefacts so they are only usable 1x time (max) per turn, no matter what (with the condition of having to put a unit to recharge still on, ofc)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Just great, now there are whole builds of artefacts, in MO, SK and NR... this bring terrible memories of Eithné Sihil times...

Im tempted to play White Frost, but it must brick so many times.

Just great, now there are whole builds of artefacts, in MO, SK and NR... this bring terrible memories of Eithné Sihil times...

Im tempted to play White Frost, but it must brick so many times.

Nope, white frost now is pretty cheap and this is only one card. I dont't play other (only) artifact destroyer and never brick with white frost with 2 mulligans per round.

Guest 4334474

I really do enjoy the new content, skill trees, leaders.... but Gernichora is a bit overtuned atm.

Resetting artifacts to be used twice in a turn? This is disgusting. I don't think this was intended, I could be wrong, but with the way they adjusted Spears and Shields to require a card be played to refresh every turn I have to think that the fruit dieing every turn so they can shoot twice a turn is a bit broken and unintended. I hope to be proven right since playing ranked so far and seeing this non-stop has made me really frustrated on coolness factor of new leaders being matched up to shake the game up.

TLDR
I am 100% fine with every other leader synergy.... except for this one.

Well.... When a deck ends up becoming a problem it's only natural for other decks to look for a way to adjust around it. Double ping spears don't do much if there is nothing to hit. The trouble with adjusting around it is you're screwed either way here. Run a lot of artifact removal options and you're compromised against other decks. Don't and you get pinged in the face to death because evidently thinking changes through and, I don't know, testing them is hard. Alternative, do something similar so those pings don't translate to points. Run less units. Run "disable enemy leader" because you can't handle a real deck.

Plus, even Gernichora may not be running artifacts. It might run a typical spam thrives/big units build. Because, you know, MS faction identity is having better cards compared to everyone else, apparently. It's the same deal with Woodlands. You can run a lot of big boys and a single Ghoul. You could run heavier GY consume with multiple ghouls. Even more control oriented approaches with Crones/locks/etc. are quite strong. Fuck it, throw Lacerate in a WLS build and go to town. Even Eredin and Elder can toss in thrives and big boys and win games consistently. Gee, certain cards are seeing constant play everywhere. I wunder wut ut means.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Well.... When a deck ends up becoming a problem it's only natural for other decks to look for a way to adjust around it. Double ping spears don't do much if there is nothing to hit. The trouble with adjusting around it is you're screwed either way here. Run a lot of artifact removal options and you're compromised against other decks. Don't and you get pinged in the face to death because evidently thinking changes through and, I don't know, testing them is hard. Alternative, do something similar so those pings don't translate to points. Run less units. Run "disable enemy leader" because you can't handle a real deck.

Plus, even Gernichora may not be running artifacts. It might run a typical spam thrives/big units build. Because, you know, MS faction identity is having better cards compared to everyone else, apparently. It's the same deal with Woodlands. You can run a lot of big boys and a single Ghoul. You could run heavier GY consume with multiple ghouls. Even more control oriented approaches with Crones/locks/etc. are quite strong. Fuck it, throw Lacerate in a WLS build and go to town. Even Eredin and Elder can toss in thrives and big boys and win games consistently. Gee, certain cards are seeing constant play everywhere. I wunder wut ut means.

Pretty thorough but oopsy daisy was more succinct.

Top Bottom