New Morkvarg - Dracoturtle interaction

+
Morkvarg: Heart of Terror
Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Repeat until target is damaged.

Dracoturtle
Whenever this unit loses Armor, boost self by the amount of Armor lost.

So based on the card descriptions it is reasonable to assume that each Morkvarg's ping will lead to trigger Dracoturtle's ability. In reality it works differently. Morkvarg deals all the damage and only than Dracoturtle's ability triggers. Is this intentional behavior or just a bug? I believe this should be changed.

Morkvarg: Heart of Terror
Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Repeat until target is damaged.

Dracoturtle
Whenever this unit loses Armor, boost self by the amount of Armor lost.

So based on the card descriptions it is reasonable to assume that each Morkvarg's ping will lead to trigger Dracoturtle's ability. In reality it works differently. Morkvarg deals all the damage and only than Dracoturtle's ability triggers. Is this intentional behavior or just a bug? I believe this should be changed.

When I first saw what this post was about I also assumed that each ping would trigger Dracoturtle's ability until it's armor was gone.

Morkvarg deals all the damage and only than Dracoturtle's ability triggers.

It's working as intended. Morkvarg first resolves his ability and then the ability of the card he's targeting is triggered. This is to prevent an infinite cycle. Dimun Warship likely works the same way too. But I am wondering about Phillipa, when there are two targets on the board. Does her ability resolve first and then Dracoturtle? Probably.

Does her ability resolve first and then Dracoturtle? Probably.
Don't know about that specific interaction but I've seen Phillipa trigger redanian knights mid pings and it looks so janky I almost think it's unintended.

Don't really know about dracoturtle but it'd be nice if it were ping for boost so you could take it out using Morkvarg but you're playing SK/SK anyway so can't really argue one way or the other.

It's working as intended. Morkvarg first resolves his ability and then the ability of the card he's targeting is triggered. This is to prevent an infinite cycle. Dimun Warship likely works the same way too. But I am wondering about Phillipa, when there are two targets on the board. Does her ability resolve first and then Dracoturtle? Probably.
But in this case it would not be infinite cycle. After each ping the dracoturtle will be boosted. And when armor is removed the morkvarg will continue with ponging until all boost is removed. I believe it does make sense this way.

But in this case it would not be infinite cycle. After each ping the dracoturtle will be boosted. And when armor is removed the morkvarg will continue with ponging until all boost is removed. I believe it does make sense this way.

Yeah it does, but in this game it seems that "Deploy" is seen as one action so everything has to wait for deploy to finish.
A similar interaction should happen with Regis and Endrega egg for example, the drones should spawn after Regis completes his effect.
But it would be more intuitive if they can spawn between the waves so it could continue the chain if lined up correctly. This is how it works in Hearthstone for example.

Has anyone tried Morkvarg on a card with Sukrus protecting? I was sorely tempted this morning just to see if it broke the game!

Has anyone tried Morkvarg on a card with Sukrus protecting? I was sorely tempted this morning just to see if it broke the game!

Morkvarg doesn't do anything against Sukrus. It's the same against Olgierd.

Top Bottom