New Mulligan algorithm - how does it work?

+
To me, the first impression it looks just the same. Didn't notice any improvement TBH. However, I will play some more and test further.

I don't have exact numbers but before it was like 80%-85% you get the same cards, now it seems like 99% of the time you get the same cards.
As I have suggested in the past the deck should shuffle after a mulligan, it's the only way I can think of that would fix the problem.

By now its pretty probable that not even the devs know exactly how the mulligan mechanics work and they probably will refrain of rebuilding it from zero right now because, than again, they are rebuilding the whole GAME right now anyways.

We just have to hope that they will be more clear about mulligan mechanics on October and that they are actually good... like pretty much anything else.

Not working.

Round 1: Mulligan Foglet
Round 2: Draw Foglet -- Mulligan Foglet
Round 3 Draw Something-else -- Mulligan -- Draw Foglet

Round 1: Mulligan Roach and Foglet
Round 2: Draw Roach and Foglet

The issue seems worse in Arena.

Mulligan in arena is ridiculous, even with Calveit, and I have the feelijgng that randpm units in graveyard disappear I don't know why.

Cards still have a huge chance to go on top of your deck after a mulligan. It is more obvious in arena, a bit less in constructed.
I, presonally, don't see a major difference to call it a "fix of a problem".
:nice:
I would suggest to add a poll on a problem. To see if people can feel the difference.

What's the point of mulliganing in Arena Mode?

Every single card you mulligan just keep going back in round 2,3 in almost every game (Yes. I don't exaggerate. Devs please play the Mode and see it for yourself). Very frustrating!

Nice how the communicate on the reddit forum and nothing on their own forum.
This is what they keep doing wrong imo.
Just be clear on what is going wrong and what is done about it.
I have been screen over harder by this friggin bug then before.

It doesn't. 'We want less RNG.' CDPR - Let's get rid of the mulligan feature everyone know's and loves. It was strategic and required good planning in order to mulligan effectively. Now you just chuck the crap away and get what you get. Win a game lose a game. Mulligan matters now. Like the coinflip. Luck in the draw.

After playing after the patch with Shupe decks in ranked, pro league, and casual, I can definitely say that the mulligan "feature" is not fixed. Most of the time you draw the card you mulliganed first in the previous round.

This is especially frustrating in Arena, since you usually want to mulligan a card for good, but keep getting it in R2 and R3.

In my opinion: Still broken, along with a lot of other stuff in a 'beta' that has been going on for how long? These uncalled for errors seem to crop up out of nowhere which seems to me to show a disfunction in the team's programming synergy with each other. Is there a knowledgeable 'leader' operating under a macro supported by micro vision, in positive action, in there some where? As it is, I see beta as an almost eternal presence because if they released the game as it is, it would rest in mediocrity for its lifetime. And the disparity between decks presented (the competitor) against one in ranked versus causal is way too extreme, so one can hardly prepare for a ranking run unless one plays a deck borrowed from the forums. How does this energize the non-professionals to be creative? It doesn't. Hence, the preponderance of the same decks, which gets to be numbing, frustrating, and extremely boring. Geralt must be resting at his country estate turned off from the world... ah well. So it is as it is.

Drawing the Same Two Items (Anybody Else Have This Problem?)

I've been playing this game since the Closed Beta days and honestly, I've never noticed how annoying the Mulligan is until now. Maybe it's due to the updated system but I don't know. Btw, I don't mean the ST swap deck. I mean like the first screen you get when you start a match, where you "blacklist" three cards.

So, here's the deal: A while ago, I made two decks. One for Nilfgaard and the other for Skellige. I have Bronze Items in both decks, those being Bone Talisman and Petri's Philter. No matter what I do, I always seem to draw into two bronze items the next round. I mean, unless I use them in the first round. I've even "blacklisted" them on few occasions in the Mulligan screen. So what's the deal? Is there a certain order of "blacklisting?" I've always thought the first three cards you mulliganed would basically not appear for the rest of the match, unless you thinned a lot or had a way of pulling them. It doesn't seem that way for bronze items though.

I've tested this many times, there's been times where Jan Calveit pulls three Petri's Philter even after I've mulliganed two of them. In other decks, where I don't use items or tutors that pull special cards, I don't seem to have this problem, like drawing the cards I mulliganed. Does anybody have a solution for this or is this just a feature of the game?

blacklisting only applies to the mulligan phase in which it happens, and the first card you blacklist has a higher chance of showing up sooner than the next one

Top Bottom