New Nilfgaard cards

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Nilfgaard's mages are making their entrance!

These are the brand new cards arriving June 8th for NG!

NIL_EN.png

More reveals:
Thanedd Coup

Last edited:
Can't wait to get my hands on these, whether it be from kegs or crafting. I know exactly what my day 1 deck is going to be. :D

I like them, even though I tend not to play a lot of thinning. Guess I won't have a choice if I want to use the new cards :) Gives Kolgrim some more life outside of the much maligned "clog/mill" decks, too.

Not a fan of any of these cards most especially the legendary. I seriously don't understand how Rience can be 13 provisions, hopefully we are getting some reworks to give it some help but I'm sure it will still be clunky either way.

Not a fan of any of these cards most especially the legendary. I seriously don't understand how Rience can be 13 provisions, hopefully we are getting some reworks to give it some help but I'm sure it will still be clunky either way.
Realistically it will do around 7 damage (I guess the 7 power soldiers will be the choice like Djuta or Greatsword is for Eist). So that's already 12 for 13. Plus the thinning. Plus the order which says any unit so if it goes unanswered and you have 1-2 cards left in your deck you can essentially lower a tall unit to that number. So chances are it will be over 14-15 easily. If you combine it with Letho imagine what can do on greedy decks.

Rience as it is now is useless, but has the potential to be OP if it gets reworked the way I think it will be reworked. He might get the Whoreson Junior treatment. The rework to the deploy will remove the 'destroy an enemy unit with power equal to that unit's power' and replace it with 'damage an enemy unit with the power of the unit sent to the graveyard'.

Rience as it is now is useless, but has the potential to be OP if it gets reworked the way I think it will be reworked. He might get the Whoreson Junior treatment. The rework to the deploy will remove the 'destroy an enemy unit with power equal to that unit's power' and replace it with 'damage an enemy unit with the power of the unit sent to the graveyard'.
Yes, i though the same. The problem is, if that happens, plus the aditional points from the order, the card should be too much OP..

Since the name its price of power, i would suggest this rework

"deploy look at... bla bla bla..the same deploy.
If there is no unit with the same power of the card choosed, does damage equal of the card choosed and lock yourself".

So you need to choose if you whant to destroy and unit with the equal power and stay with the order ability, or does damage and lock yourself and dont use the order ability.

That fits very well with the "price of power" theme

That fits very well with the "price of power"
I think the price you pay is you need to include bad (specific for discard) cards for that purpose plus the risk they might not be in your top three as well unless you start teching so less provisions for other things. Also the 5 power that plays into 80% of bronze removals. All that for 13p. High risk high rewards.

Yes, i though the same. The problem is, if that happens, plus the aditional points from the order, the card should be too much OP..

Since the name its price of power, i would suggest this rework

"deploy look at... bla bla bla..the same deploy.
If there is no unit with the same power of the card choosed, does damage equal of the card choosed and lock yourself".

So you need to choose if you whant to destroy and unit with the equal power and stay with the order ability, or does damage and lock yourself and dont use the order ability.

That fits very well with the "price of power" theme
You have Eist, Junior and Eldain already, so having Rience reworked this way would not be that uncommon. Unlike Eist/Junior, you can at least prevent Rience from using the order ability, as such the value you get would be smaller.

If it gets reworked this way though, it would provide another removal for NG Hyperthin, together with Triss. Hyperthin would become T2 at least, if not T1. You would play Rience among the last 1-2 cards in round 3, after you get the full value from Yen/Triss. Then move Tibor/Golem to the graveyard. 2nd to last, if you want to try out the order, last if you don't care about the order due to removal.

Didn't realize his order was for any unit! I just skimmed it and assumed it was an allied unit, in which case you would want to use him early, if even bother using him at all. Wow.... So hyper thin it is for a few weeks until the novelty wears off. Which means I will start milling again and rub them out of cards halfway through rd1 :)

Blightmaker is SO FUN. Spamming Cow Carcasses, comboed with Rot Tossers, is awesome -- especially when the opponent runs Blightmakers that I can copy and resurrect. :D

The Spying, Assimilate, and Agent synergies are :beer:.

Even if his deploy was better he still wouldn't be worth the 13 provisions. Nilfgaard is oversaturated with good removal.

I can't stop seeing Kerack City Guard's face in place of Artaud's, thanks to a (hilarious!) meme on Reddit.
I also can't stop associating Master of Puppets with Metallica, thanks to Bomblin's (brilliant!) reveal.

:giveup:

Not what i expected, but if it can push clog and mill out of the meta, i'm glad for it, even if it might mean more Ball.

Terranova - i'm not sure if he's busted or unreliable. He could be a nice bridge between assimilate and spies.
Fercart - love the art.
Master of Puppets - i'm not a big fan of this one. I think he would be better with Zeal and negative Adrenaline (Adrenaline 4, Deploy: Lock self, or loose Zeal, or boost self by 3).
Turncoat - probably not the best 4p option, but could be really good in proper spying deck.

I really like the sound of Master of Puppets, it's a fun design for sure. I love plays that make my opponent have to rethink how they should play. When I'm in a Nilfgard mood. The others sound good, too, potentially, I enjoyed playing a Spy deck and more support for the archetype is good.

Top Bottom