New Northern Realms cards

+
It just kinda feels out of place, i can't quite put my finger on it, maybe the colours or the light but it feels like its style doesn't really fit in with the rest of the cards. I actually thought it was a new artist that didn't design gwent cards before, I was very surprised to learn just in this thread that its Lorenzo Mastroianni, who designed countless gwent cards, some among my favorites. Just looking at his portfolio one can see how this card kinda stands out of his previous works.

https://www.artstation.com/lorenzomastroianni

For me its not even about liking/not liking the art, with 1000+ cards its obvious one will like some more than others and its totaly subjective. Its the fact that it's art style is somehow out of place that bothers me.
He designed a lot of good cards indeed.

I ve took some of my time visiting his site

how does appearently no one else find that OP?
I think because to benefit from this you must then play cards like Shani and Necromancy in your deck, losing more Provision Points from other cards... And then you have to manage to let them stay long enough, and be able to resurrect them to get the benefit (and don't forget some of them have order, so the enemy can kill them before you activate them).
So overall it might be OP but to manage to pull it out requires a lot of work... making it not really OP IMO :D

rrc

Forum veteran
I think because to benefit from this you must then play cards like Shani and Necromancy in your deck, losing more Provision Points from other cards... And then you have to manage to let them stay long enough, and be able to resurrect them to get the benefit (and don't forget some of them have order, so the enemy can kill them before you activate them).
So overall it might be OP but to manage to pull it out requires a lot of work... making it not really OP IMO :D
Adding an extremely strong card (Shani) which plays immediately more than her provision cost with a threat of playing for even more and requiring an answer is a lot of work? Damn.. I wish to this kind of hard work exists in ST..

I have to say something its bothering me. Tha apples Leticia is levitating in the bronze and the epic card.

I mean, in the bronze cards they are a triangle almost in horizontal. In the epic they are a triagle almost in vertical.

I know its nothing, but if they try to make the same scene seeing in diferrent angles, they failed in those apples.

Edit: also why Leticia is teaching in a place where there are shelves with books and a door betwen them? For me that background makes non sense (ok ok, this last is too much and i am just annoying hhahaha)

I know its nothing, but if they try to make the same scene seeing in diferrent angles, they failed in those apples
It's not merely the same scene from different angles: The two cards do not portray the exact same time, but two events within a short span. Practice Makes Perfect takes place a bit after Leticia's demonstration -- I assume -- as we can see from the student's apple still resting upon the desk in the Foreground of Leticia's card. There, the red-haired student has yet to levitate her apple, so, assuming that Leticia's airborne apples moved between the first and second event in the scene's span, that would make sense. It's an interesting detail.

(Previous post, comparing the two, for those who may want to look more closely.)

It's not merely the same scene from different angles: The two cards do not portray the exact same time, but two events within a short span. Practice Makes Perfect takes place a bit after Leticia's demonstration -- I assume -- as we can see from the student's apple still resting upon the desk in the Foreground of Leticia's card. There, the red-haired student has yet to levitate her apple, so, assuming that Leticia's airborne apples moved between the first and second event in the scene's span, that would make sense. It's an interesting detail.

(Previous post, comparing the two, for those who may want to look more closely.)
Yes, i read your previous post where you compared both and speak about the same scene.

But i think you are right, its the same scene but not at the same time, since the studant's apple in Leticia's card remain in the tablle.

Thank you, now i can see those cards and not bother me with that "error" (its not an error, as already explained)
Post automatically merged:

Also, for me, aretuza student (the card) its the same "student" with the "mouth opponed" in practice makes perfect.

Lorenzo dosnt paint this mage, he paint Tissaia!

The Sudent isnt bad drawn! The card is drawn by a new artist with good knowlege of classicle fine art. But missing a few things:
diffrence of male and female anatomy, knowlege of values and UDSSR-Atrstyle istnt fitting the global taste.

After 30 min. in GIMP

Aretuza Student detail2.jpg

Let her grow she has popritty good fondation.

Patience archetype will be very strong with the new cards. I already beat most meta decks with patience build, and these 4p cards are a blast with gravedigging cards.

Well Leticia is now officially my favorite NR card from this expansion. If you manage to pull off her order with a bunch of Patience cards in a long round, it's an incredible amount of points....

I managed a 7 Patience Leticia boost with 4 other Patience units on the board. If your opponent isn't paying attention, they don't realize there's a 28 point bump just sitting there ticking away and waiting to be released... Well, actually 35 since I saved Casting Contest for last play and got to take advantage of one card twice. :p

Well Leticia is now officially my favorite NR card from this expansion. If you manage to pull off her order with a bunch of Patience cards in a long round, it's an incredible amount of points....

I managed a 7 Patience Leticia boost with 4 other Patience units on the board. If your opponent isn't paying attention, they don't realize there's a 28 point bump just sitting there ticking away and waiting to be released... Well, actually 35 since I saved Casting Contest for last play and got to take advantage of one card twice. :p
Oh, she's quite something, and I like her design a lot. Very powerful if left unanswered, a reasonable amount of points on deploy but nothing excessive whilst also enforcing a well-defined archetype. Lastly, I'm very fond of her art as well, very soothing.

Top Bottom