New Northern Realms cards

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
The Northern Realms are receiving magical reinforcements!

These are the brand new cards arriving June 8th for NR!

NOR_EN.png

More reveals:
Thanedd Coup

Last edited:
First round play istredd and try to survive until turn 6-7 and use order ability.

In mean while play erland.

Second yound renew im istredd and order ability again. Problably you will have a 2-3 point corryover in all your units

Does locking the unit negate the patience increase? I would assume so... So I would also assume that NG locks are going to run rampant again (still) :). These all sound great, but, kinda like Meve before her (non-) buff, I feel like NR gets a few new cards with interesting ideas that are already behind the 8-ball.

There is a translation problem in the oficial Brazilian site.

The casting contest say " Caso não seja de bronze" wich means "if its NOT a bronze". So for that translation casting contest will reset a gold order, not a bronze order
Post automatically merged:

Also i have a question about using casting contest in ban ard studant.

Since his order its atrelate with patience, and casting contest "redefine" the order ability, what will happens if i use, for example, the order with 5 patience (give 5 damage) and use casting contest? The order will start with 5 damage or it will reset/redefine to zero?

There is a translation problem in the oficial Brazilian site.

The casting contest say " Caso não seja de bronze" wich means "if its NOT a bronze". So for that translation casting contest will reset a gold order, not a bronze order
Post automatically merged:

Also i have a question about using casting contest in ban ard studant.

Since his order its atrelate with patience, and casting contest "redefine" the order ability, what will happens if i use, for example, the order with 5 patience (give 5 damage) and use casting contest? The order will start with 5 damage or it will reset/redefine to zero?
I thought I saw a post on the initial reveal thread that clarified that patience is a permanent factor. So in your case, 5 patience would stay as 5 patience when reset

My previous comments here still stand. In addition, although I realise not everyone may like the Aretuza Student's style, upon inspection, I find there are some subtle facial nuances, if one looks closely -- note the faint, self-satisfied smile, and the keen focus of the eyes:
Aretuza Student detail.jpg

Perhaps the premium will highlight these details a bit more.

NR cards were my favourite in PoP1 and i suspect NR cards from PoP2 will be my favourite as well.
Patience is really cool archetipe, it's fun to play and playing against it feels mostly fair.
My only complaint is the Aretuza Student art. Maybe the premium art looks better (it would look really good if the magic ball was pulsing with light), but non-premium just doesn't reach the standard we are used to.

Agreed. This is a fact I try never to overlook. My appreciation, foremost, always goes to the artists!
Well, I'm not gonna censor myself to not accidentally hurt someones feelings. The best i can do is to be polite about it.
And to clarify, i don't think the art is half-assed, i think the creative decision to illuminate her face in this particular way, doomed it to look bad no matter what. On the other hand, i belive that premium with pulsing light could be one of the best premiums from this set (if it's done well of course).

Well, I'm not gonna censor myself to not accidentally hurt someones feelings. The best i can do is to be polite about it.
And to clarify, i don't think the art is half-assed, i think the creative decision to illuminate her face in this particular way, doomed it to look bad no matter what.
Politeness, and thoughtful critiques are always encouraged. As I understand it, and from some of the other comments I've seen, players simply feel that the artwork doesn't meet expectations, compared to many of the fine pieces we've seen in the past. I understand that, and feel that it could be valuable feedback, nonetheless. It is rather a plain card, as I've admitted before.

It just kinda feels out of place, i can't quite put my finger on it, maybe the colours or the light but it feels like its style doesn't really fit in with the rest of the cards. I actually thought it was a new artist that didn't design gwent cards before, I was very surprised to learn just in this thread that its Lorenzo Mastroianni, who designed countless gwent cards, some among my favorites. Just looking at his portfolio one can see how this card kinda stands out of his previous works.

https://www.artstation.com/lorenzomastroianni

For me its not even about liking/not liking the art, with 1000+ cards its obvious one will like some more than others and its totaly subjective. Its the fact that it's art style is somehow out of place that bothers me.

oh my... more patience cards. is it intended that patience doesnt reset to 0 when a patience card is resurrected or reset? I'm already having mild nightmares from the ben ard student lmao

I was very surprised to learn just in this thread that its Lorenzo Mastroianni, who designed countless gwent cards, some among my favorites. Just looking at his portfolio one can see how this card kinda stands out of his previous works.
From what I understand, some artwork is prepared far in advance, and then used much later in the game, when opportunity arises, so, perhaps, this may simply have been an early piece of his.

Top Bottom