New Option to Have Polish Voices with English Text

+
New Option to Have Polish Voices with English Text

Hey CD Projekt !

The fact that we can choose the language of the game is a very good bonus for us.

Unfortunately, as myself and some of us would like to listen to the polish voices for instance, there is no option to keep the interface in english or another language.

Would you put that options in a future patch ?

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
Yes, would be fun to check all the voices in foreign languages without needing to also navigate the menus in, say, Portuguese...

I second this. In fact I would go further and say I'd love to see CDPR at some point provide subtitles for their games in the original Polish complete with the cultural references and/or annotations.

I've seen some fansubs of anime's do this when a character uses a word or phrase in Japanese a native speaker would never know the history, connotations, or wordplay for.

I personally think it's a great idea (I think I said it somewhere on the forums already) and hope it will happen at some point. Can't promise anything though.

Carefull.

These things sound fun, but Voice acting tends to take a good amount of development time and are only ever used by a small fraction of players.
Not to mention the amount of people that will demand the same for their own language.

I'd suggest: Do it if there is time and the Dev team actually wants to, otherwise stick with the original plan.

ps. for the record:
I for one would never use this option as I wouldn't understand anything anyway, and being Dutch: I would never want a Dutch voice over. >.> (Dutch dubs/subs are the worst. They are never correct and always sound stupid.)

nightweaver;n7584030 said:
Carefull.

These things sound fun, but Voice acting tends to take a good amount of development time and are only ever used by a small fraction of players.
Not to mention the amount of people that will demand the same for their own language.

I'd suggest: Do it if there is time and the Dev team actually wants to, otherwise stick with the original plan.

ps. for the record:
I for one would never use this option as I wouldn't understand anything anyway, and being Dutch: I would never want a Dutch voice over. >.> (Dutch dubs/subs are the worst. They are never correct and always sound stupid.)

I don't get what you mean by ''voice acting takes a good amount of development''. The game is Polish, and there's a Polish dubbing as well. Thread starter just wants to listen to ''original'' (polish) voices while still having interface in his own language.

KasumiGoto;n7585600 said:
I don't get what you mean by ''voice acting takes a good amount of development''. The game is Polish, and there's a Polish dubbing as well. Thread starter just wants to listen to ''original'' (polish) voices while still having interface in his own language.

But are there Polish voice lines already?
Are they for all the cards (that have voice effects) or just a few?
And is CDPR planning to extend this with every new card?

And yes, voice acting can take a lot of time. Especially when you need more than 1 person for the voices.
(Hint: It's not just sit down and record for a bit.)

Edit:
Also, the game is fully English for as far as I'm aware.
The Dev team is (mostly) Polish.

nightweaver;n7585630 said:
But are there Polish voice lines already?
Are they for all the cards (that have voice effects) or just a few?
And is CDPR planning to extend this with every new card?

And yes, voice acting can take a lot of time. Especially when you need more than 1 person for the voices.
(Hint: It's not just sit down and record for a bit.)

Edit:
Also, the game is fully English for as far as I'm aware.
The Dev team is (mostly) Polish.

Dude, the Witcher and Gwent are POLISH games. Yes, obviously there is dubbing for all the cards, just check in game. I don't really get you.

Dant3s15;n7588980 said:
You could change name of folder called pl-PL to en-Us in GWENT\Gwent\GWENT_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\Converted\voiceover , it will change voices to Polish and you will get english text :)

Redpoints for life!!!

Dant3s15;n7588980 said:
You could change name of folder called pl-PL to en-Us in GWENT\Gwent\GWENT_Data\StreamingAssets\Audio\Converted\voiceover , it will change voices to Polish and you will get english text :)

Thank you. Very helpfull!

So... right now I have an English voiceover with Duda saying "kurwa mac" exclusively. I replaced both phrases with it. So happy...
:yes:

I replaced again Duda files with Polish dub (had it stored by accident) and nothing happened. Still that English rubbish...

Top Bottom