New or Improved Competitive Mode

+
How about from Rank 10 players enter each match wit 3 different faction decks, oponent crosses one faction out and then the player choose from the other 2 one he or she will play in the match.

Alternatively, make the above an Arena mode, with higher entry fee in terms of ore or real money and better rewards for 7-9 match winners.

This will require players to master more than one faction, collect mord cards, build more decks, show more skill as well as increase diversity of match-ups.

How about from Rank 10 players enter each match wit 3 different faction decks, oponent crosses one faction out and then the player choose from the other 2 one he or she will play in the match.

Alternatively, make the above an Arena mode, with higher entry fee in terms of ore or real money and better rewards for 7-9 match winners.

This will require players to master more than one faction, collect mord cards, build more decks, show more skill as well as increase diversity of match-ups.

The arena doesn't use factions. What you are talking about should be something like a tournament mode. I like the idea of the round robin style tournament where everyone brings three decks and opponent may ban 1. Make it rank 7 and below (basically 7-0.) Top 3 get crown points, everyone else gets in game rewards up to maybe 1000th place which gets nothing (I am talking really small rewards like 15 ore at the bottom.) With a 400 ore buy in, it could get really interesting.)

As for ranked, I would settle for the ability to ban on faction. Every leader has a faction and a hero they are weak too. NR is weak to NG. MO is weak to NR. NG is weak to ST. ST is weak to MO (point slam.) I could go on, but the point is, banning the buzzsaw faction would increase win rate and make the available games more competitive (thus more fun.)

The arena doesn't use factions. What you are talking about should be something like a tournament mode. I like the idea of the round robin style tournament where everyone brings three decks and opponent may ban 1. Make it rank 7 and below (basically 7-0.) Top 3 get crown points, everyone else gets in game rewards up to maybe 1000th place which gets nothing (I am talking really small rewards like 15 ore at the bottom.) With a 400 ore buy in, it could get really interesting.)

As for ranked, I would settle for the ability to ban on faction. Every leader has a faction and a hero they are weak too. NR is weak to NG. MO is weak to NR. NG is weak to ST. ST is weak to MO (point slam.) I could go on, but the point is, banning the buzzsaw faction would increase win rate and make the available games more competitive (thus more fun.)

I see I wasn’t very precise in the description (particularly using the term ‘Arena’) but you got my idea and polished it. What you described in terms of the ‘tournament mode’ is pretty much what I was thinking.

I fully ageree with your ‘buzzsaw’ point and proposed solution. I think we already agreed on that in another thread :)

I see I wasn’t very precise in the description (particularly using the term ‘Arena’) but you got my idea and polished it. What you described in terms of the ‘tournament mode’ is pretty much what I was thinking.

I fully ageree with your ‘buzzsaw’ point and proposed solution. I think we already agreed on that in another thread :)

Glad I could help. Also I have said the buzzsaw idea like 20 times across the forum, just wish the developers would listen. I started active banning SK from seasonal mode. Ironically I get more exp for auto quitting SK then for beating the other factions. Too bad there is a penalty to losing in ranked, or I would just auto ban the offending faction there too.

Top Bottom