New patch changed graphics a bit.

+
The chainmail on the shoulder looks the same res to me, it's just not catching the sun as much because it's a slightly different time of day - note the shadow on the bridge.
Before - sun directly above
After - shining towards the cam/Geralt

yes lighting changed on new patch , also my bear mastercrafted armor got some slight changes as well

Maybe it's just my imagination but the "arm protectors" (sorry, don't know much about armor) on the Nilfgaardian guardsman armor appear to be very low resolution from time to time after the patch

---------- Updated at 10:32 AM ----------

This is what I meant, the textures on the "lower arm protectors" or what ever they're called appear a bit muddy from time to time since the patch

View attachment 44281

EDIT: the whole armor's textures don't seem to fully load quite often...

View attachment 44371

Attachments

• 542.jpg
    542.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 65
  • - Screenshot 2016-05-31 14-52-37.jpg
    - Screenshot 2016-05-31 14-52-37.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Maybe it's just my imagination but the "arm protectors" (sorry, don't know much about armor) on the Nilfgaardian guardsman armor appear to be very low resolution from time to time after the patch

---------- Updated at 10:32 AM ----------

This is what I meant, the textures on the "lower arm protectors" or what ever they're called appear a bit muddy from time to time since the patch

View attachment 44281

EDIT: the whole armor's textures don't seem to fully load quite often...

View attachment 44371

Probably because Geralt is angry that he is wearing that atrocity :shock: Can he even breath with that thing on?!? I jest, I'm not a fan of that armor however. Do you have any before images of how the armor looked compared to how it appears in your game now?

Probably because Geralt is angry that he is wearing that atrocity :shock: Can he even breath with that thing on?!? I jest, I'm not a fan of that armor however. Do you have any before images of how the armor looked compared to how it appears in your game now?

I for my part love the armor.

When the textures are fully loaded it looks like this View attachment 44511

Here's another blurry one when it's fully loaded View attachment 44531

Attachments

• 543.jpg
    543.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 545.jpg
    545.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I streamed the game last night and did have viewers say the water looks fantastic, and I agree, it does! Overall, the graphics are different tho. It's more grainy looking for me (compared to the screenshots in this thread to what I was playing last night). I'll try and post screenshots when I get home.

I for my part love the armor.

When the textures are fully loaded it looks like this View attachment 44511

Here's another blurry one when it's fully loaded View attachment 44531
To each their own. The armor doesn't look bad per se, it's just not the type of armor that I'd ever picture Geralt wearing.That's an issue with a lot of the armor designs, they aren't necessarily lore friendly. I can see what you're talking about now, have you tried fast traveling or reloading a save to see if that fixes it?

To each their own. The armor doesn't look bad per se, it's just not the type of armor that I'd ever picture Geralt wearing.That's an issue with a lot of the armor designs, they aren't necessarily lore friendly. I can see what you're talking about now, have you tried fast traveling or reloading a save to see if that fixes it?

It's the first armor I personally picture Geralt wearing, when his hair is styled into a low half ponytail along with a clean shave he looks elegant as hell and so does the armor, furthermore, the white collar fits Geralt's hair perfectly. Of course it mostly comes down to one's personal preference, the armor comes closest to my style in real life (always dress in black combined with a bit of white sometimes)

View attachment 44611

(It's the mirror that's a bit dirty, not my clothes, not a good photo in either case (lightning's bad, etc.), just so happened I took a few minutes ago)

As of fixing the graphic bug, I've loaded several save games already, nothing changes, the armor's textures are just very low sometimes, then they switch back to normal... I will try fast traveling to a different map, see if it changes anything

Attachments

• P_20160531_170640.jpg
    P_20160531_170640.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 63
  • P_20160531_1706404.jpg
    P_20160531_1706404.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Even if your options (in the graphics menu settings) say they're on ultra or whatever. Try changing the preset or individual options to low, and back to max, to update them.

edit: saying that - I currently don't have the game installed right now. So I can't check, myself.

Last edited:
The lighting is different now. Bit more yellow methinks, even a little warmer tone in Skellige. Just. Or is it that feeling you get after a new patch rolls out?

@HexerDa

Try going into user.settings file, in the [Rendering] section and changing:

TextureStreamingHeadsDistanceLimitSq=100

to

TextureStreamingHeadsDistanceLimitSq=200

TextureStreamingCharacterDistanceLimitSq=225

to

TextureStreamingCharacterDistanceLimitSq=450

This problem regarding textures not loading properly on NPCs has been around for a long time, but it seems to be even worse now... Changing these settings always fixed it for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom