New Patch ROCKS. Not a Praise Post. Truly Pleased.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Patch ROCKS. Not a Praise Post. Truly Pleased.

OK, I exaggerate little to mirror other thread and I know internet forums exists mostly to complain about anything, especially about any change. And I think we really need see all the changes and play with them to see if they are overall positive. But I just rewatched entire stream and I really like overal direction. I did not like previous patch too much, they overnerfed cards based on amount the complain they get, they did absolutely nothing about weak cards and overal there were very few changes considering we are in closed beta and many cards and strategies were pretty unbalanced. With new patch I think they addressed currently most OP strategies (NR Olgierd/Roach Buff, Scoia control), but more importantly they are trying to buff other strategies.

I will give you example with Scoia. When I saw other player with Eithne, I instantly think: Oh man, another control mirror, we will be throwing Spies there and back with Decoys and who will play last card will win. I mean only crazy person (or not competitive player) would play dwarfs or elven swarm. With new patch I think we are getting option.

They addressed most problematic cards in Scoia control. Isengrim is now completely different, still probably good in special deck, but now it is not so important who will play last. Nature's Gift and Decoy are now one shot cards. Yeah, I did not like 3 new keywords for this and I would prefer if decoy could be used only on bronze, but at least they done something about it. They also removed 2 power from Aglais and maybe this is it too much because her main power was playing Decoy again (and again with Eithne), but we will see.

On the other I met pure elf swarm once (in 800+ games), thought I tried this a lot myself before giving up. Now this deck get significant boost. Vanguard is 6 power instead 4, Hawker Healer is 2. And biggest problems were silver card that should rewarded you for this strategy, both Aelirenn and Ele'yas were weak and very situational. Ele'yas is +2 power and Aelirenn is very different card and interesting card than if used optimally could give you 10 power for free. Also dwarfs get some boost, Defender is 4 power and Barclay now finally affects gold cards, yeah.

And change I like most is new Clear Sky aka First Light. They solve problem how to make pure answer card playable by giving it second mode. I think Clear Sky will be now played a lot and that is very good, because it should bring more interaction into game.

I agree with you.
As a Scoia player who is still playing a swarm deck without Isengrim, and who never played the Aglais-Decoy wheel of death, I'm very happy with the changes. I'll miss the old, destructive Aelirenn, but I think the new one could have some interesting synergies. I think that they left Aglais a bit weak too, but she has more uses than decoying (dimeritium bombs, weather cards, scorch...) and I'm sure she'll remain a staple in a lot of decks.
Also, glad for the Dwarf guys out there, now dwarves are playable!
I don't get the negativity people feel for this patch, I think it opens the way for new strategies.

I'm just passing here to say that any eventual complain you will certainly do after the patch i will rub this thread on your face!

lol
Just kidding.

Anyways, i liked generally of the last patch, although there were some changes i didnt approved (coff... phillipa... coff) it was an overall good patch imo. I will wait and see this one, what i'm genuinelly worried about is NR though. I dont want to get out of a metagame of only 3 factions to another metagame of only 3 factions or worse!

Also i have some mixed feelings about the new status of the cards, will have to see how it works ingame to draw further conclusions!

I genuinely agree with your example of Scoia, as someone who uses it almost exclusively. While some of my deck has been hit hard, Aglais specifically ( with the way my deck is i'm not too bothered by the Isengrim changes) but it also has buffed some cards i wasn't using much before which now become a lot more viable.

I'm concerned by Northern Realms as it's something i was planning on using and it seems to have been hit hard, but both Monsters and Skellige seem very viable to me and looking further into the future Kayran seems an amazing card as does Corral IMO.

I like the changes I saw for the most part. I think we'll have to actually play several matches against each faction to really get a feel for the effects. Oh darn.

Im pretty happy with the majority of the changes some of them seem unneeded from where im sat but then i don't have a computer with gigabytes of data from the beta to help me make my decisions do I? The Aelirenn change has me pretty stoked as a squirrel main.

I am mostly happy with what I heard in that livestream. Yes. It's a massive overhaul of the game as we know it. But that's what betas are for. Testing stuff.

- Nice that the most obscene exploit options (those so far discovered, I mean) are getting fixed.
- Anything hurting Promote is good in my book (yes, I am prejudiced. Kill it more!)

Wondering what will happen when there are Ida + Schirru laying in ambush, waiting.

Wondering which cards will have which of those new attributes.

Worried that everyone and their dogs will now move to Skellige and Scoia, thus making it appear that those factions need the next batch of nerfs. :p

Somewhat concerned with that notion of "if we nerf it, then we better nerf it really good and in multiple ways" that we've had a few times now: Monsters Eredin/Pass got nerfed twice (Eredin becoming a scorchable target and Monsters not carrying golds anymore); I think Phil also got nerfed crosswise (don't really remember her from before previous patch though; lack of interest in Northern affairs on my end); now Promote seems to get nerfed crosswise and upside down (last only 1 round, not sure what the base strength will be now on a buffed Olgierd or Roach?, AND the shackles).

Happy that Burza and Luigi seemed less dopey when playing the Scoia match than in the previous stream. ;)

QUITE certain that the new flags for cards and the shackles will open up a lot more options for exploits. Not sure how, but yeah, I am sure that there will be new ways to get 1mio strength points or indefinite loops or whatever.

I am happy too as I was really fade up with those NR roach/olgiard buff > promote strategy :/ at least now they will try new cards and strategies.

TH3WITCH3R;n7140510 said:
I am happy too as I was really fade up with those NR roach/olgiard buff > promote strategy :/ at least now they will try new cards and strategies.

Also now people will be able to keep more clear ski....I mean first lights :p in their deck knowing it's a usable card and maybe the monster's weather cheese will stop a bit.

Necro_Man_Ser;n7140500 said:
I want to see you play it successfully after patch lol. back it up!

Many people do great with NR right now without the need for those promote exploits.

TH3WITCH3R;n7140510 said:

I'm happy too. I played Skellige deck and no tools for encounter. So boring and easy win game.:wazzzup:

Necro_Man_Ser;n7140740 said:
Oh it's an exploit now
Learning something every day
It's my motto

Of course it is. Buffing your olgierd and roach or the botchling to infinity when your opponent passes and promoting them to gold when there's no counter to gold buffs is obviously an exploit. Some people were getting hundreds of points in both second and third round and no way to destroy those cards. It's obviously an exploit and why it has been nerfed (despite salty NR abusers not being happy about it ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom