New Patch when?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap. It's actually finally happening, after being stuck in "6 months ago" status...

Things are finally making progress.... well hopefully...
Could that not be referring to the bonus content that we all got for linking with GOG? The Black Unicorn, Wolf Jacket, etc.

Could that not be referring to the bonus content that we all got for linking with GOG? The Black Unicorn, Wolf Jacket, etc.
Those are rewards and should already be available since pretty much the beginning. At least, I already have those on both PS4 and PC for quite a while.
However... @Surma. : Have you linked up with GOG previously and already got those rewards?
The screenshot doesnt hold much added info, and it would only be my speculation that the "14 hours ago" means this specific package known as DLC is newly added only half a day ago

View attachment 11222012
Holy crap. It's actually finally happening, after being stuck in "6 months ago" status...

Sooo 1.3, definitely some DLC being added. Question is whether this is before E3 or after, and what exactly is this content going to be?

They teased us with "Rogue having to expand afterlife" but then they tweeted like 10 different achievements so maybe this isn't going to be about that.
If you click on the appid tag it should take you to a list. It was a load of wallpapers, mp3, chart avatars etc

I've had this since launch, probably that litte preorder bonus

Attachments

• Screenshot (198).png
    Screenshot (198).png
    177.3 KB · Views: 71
That seems to rule out the reward items and such (incl the songs wallpapers that were part of that)
Sounds like this may be the first new DLC as per the 1year roadmap CDPR showed.
Yeah kinda fits well with the time window as it was said 1.2 was last patch before DLC (+updates) thick bar.

Many were speculating with DLC leaks that something was bubbling behind the scenes and would make sense 1.3 is going to be one of the major patches.

They said in the investors call it's not going to be their biggest (probably comparing to the 1.2) where a ton of changes were likely done under the hood for many aspects of the game, new graphics were uploaded to things like grenades and they probably added a lot of downscaled graphics for low end PC and consoles.

They said they're starting to turn the things around, so hopefully their work on downscaling the experience is going to be finished and they can at least partially move to new content dumps from 1.3 release to probably bigger content dumps for 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 I'd assume that'll be coming this year.

If the leaks are true we might get 18 total DLC packages, each being worked currently by the 60% of the staff, while the "unannounced title" which 1/3 of their total staff is working on could be the expansion, probably aimed for the summer.

I wonder if they're going to call the new gen patch 2.0 as some have speculated.

I checked the build ID and it looks like you're linking me old April patch files
Litterally just took the screenshot from steamdb. That's what I get when I click on the bonus content AppID on this screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210603-091129_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210603-091129_Opera.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 56
View attachment 11222012

Sooo 1.3, definitely some DLC being added. Question is whether this is before E3 or after, and what exactly is this content going to be?

They teased us with "Rogue having to expand afterlife" but then they tweeted like 10 different achievements so maybe this isn't going to be about that.
Would love to get a story DLC, like with Rogue and Afterlife!
I hope though that there are also some multiple further improvements to the game coming with this update. Street traffic is still very dumb, people and cars are still spawning in front of my eyes and disappearing when I turn around, vehicles stopping in the middle of an empty road for no particular reason etc. There are still some floating objects (although this has been much improved already). Would really appreciate those ugly things fixed before we jump into another story content. Just my humble thoughts :)

Well I can't comment on what I can't see by myself.
That's fair, neither can I :shrug:

Don't really understand why I'm not seeing the update yesterday, mine still says last update was 12 days ago.

Don't appreciate being called a liar though.

Guys, you are fantasizing about incorrect information. That DLC you're seeing on Steam is the content given away in December. The date of the last update on Steam refers to the game in general and not to that particular file. They are drawing the wrong conclusions with the updates on Steam. But surely we will have news soon.

Ok I was browsing a lot SteamDB and finally myself here:

where you'll find the ID 1495710 (leading to the old 6 months ago Bonus Content) and on same row as DLC 1495710 which was updated June 2.

What is actually shown is bunch of soundtracks
1622717723482.png

and wallpapers
1622717690247.png

probably the old material like this:
1622715482330.png

But that's pretty much it. There's like 2 files about CP2020 Lore book.

So why was this being upgraded just yesterday?

I don't think they would take 6 months break and suddenly just fix a typo on PDF file.

Something is clearly going to be added but question is what. They clearly have a ton of stored artwork that is not revealed to the public because it would reveal too much about expansions or features not yet implemented.

Could it be perhaps some form art work referring to DLC, and what would that be?

That would likely take out the idea next DLC is about missions, maybe it's going to be V's new locations to be able to be purchased. Maybe it's about car modification artwork, what the shops will look like. I'd imagine some sort of artwork referring to event or place which they've wanted to keep in secret.

1622718873544.png
1622719235104.png

Could it be perhaps what was shown in promotion material, where V shoots from drivers seat? Would that be some sort of hostile enemy encounters while driving?

If I would have to now bet on something, my guess (since there was talks about Afterlife expansion) that new missions are part of the DLC and it might include the shooting while driving, while you're driving away from conflict zone. Quest modifications slightly regarding to driving could be also something that could fit the theme if the other part is true, fixing some of the traffic problems the game has would naturally fit into it.

Sooo, my bet is the 1.3 is going to heavily focus on driving and traffic and NPC behavior regarding traffic, police driving etc, since the whole traffic was pretty much ignored in past updates, where cars were still driving through rails.

But mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe I'm drawing too many conclusions from just seeing someone update DLC file full of wallpapers. :LOL:

Last edited:
Because of mod-warning I shall try to explain without skirmishing.

We all know that the game has/had issues when it came out. Nobody argues that thats not on them.
I was one of the fortunate souls who's had little to complain about, others may not have so lucky.
However, your OP and subsequent post were framed as if they had not done anything to patch that out. Or at least as much as they have been able to up to know, because mind you, they havent finished yet. moreover you framed it as if they rather waste time doing forum posts.

Then the example of the TV. No I agree, if its broken by purchase, thats not good. However if I would have bought that TV I would have returned it if I was not satisfied. You similarly could also have refunded the game and be done. Instead, you seemingly decided not to, and wait it out for the 'TV' to become 'unbroken'. Sorry to say, but that is your decision to make, and then its becomes your problem.
Should i explain what would have happened with CDPR if all players just refunded Cyberpunk? I didn't refund the game cause gave them some credit (many of us did). I still can't play machine gun build cause the ONLY ONE machine gun in the game is still broken after 6 months from release. Many talants just don't work or work incorrectly. AI is not fixed, it's terrible and we just hear some clownish explanations that it was intentionally (!!!) designed to be so. They lied once, then said that fixes would be released regularly and promptly. And what do we see? No news on progress, last patch released in april. And the funniest thing here is that there are always people who say trivial statements such as "making/fixing games is hard, "if u don't want to wait fixes, just refund", "they are really busy to communicate with players". Refunding the game will make CDPR bankrupt, i don't wish them such end. And you right, i have an option to get my money back, a also have a right to keep the game and finally play Cyberpunk they showed in trailers before release, and don't wait an eternity to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom