New player question

+
New player question

Hello, i recently got in the game, yeeej!!

Oké now my question is, im a new player so that means 0 cool cards. I already decided that i want to play either Scoia'tel or Skellige

Which of these 2 factions is easier to play ( Dunno if thats the cause though ) Since i wanna start with the easiest of the 2.
I've already seen that its best to play monsters as a starter but i really dislike the faction so thats out of question.

So anyone with experience can give me a answer and maybe some tips?

Every help is really appreciated

Kind Regards

No Title

Hi and welcome.

I was going to suggest Monsters, because you can get a very good deck for very little scraps. But you already mentioned you don't want to play it.

Scoia'tael is one of the more difficult factions to play with since the last patch, but also probably one of the strongest. It requires a lot of expensive cards to work. As such I don't recommend to start with Scoia'tael.

Skellige is a bit easier and requires less expensive cards. The faction struggles in the end game, but it's still a solid choice to being with. I have included a picture of a Skellige Weather Deck. There are a few expensive cards in it, but most of them are optional. The Last Wish and Aeromancy can be replaced by other silver cards. Hjalmar can be replaced by Gerald. Coral is a nice legendary to have.

EDIT: This shitty forum is shit. Upload doesn't work properly. Attempt #2:

Attachments

• photo93350.jpg
    photo93350.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
4RM3D;n7346990 said:
Hi and welcome.

I was going to suggest Monsters, because you can get a very good deck for very little scraps. But you already mentioned you don't want to play it.

Scoia'tael is one of the more difficult factions to play with since the last patch, but also probably one of the strongest. It requires a lot of expensive cards to work. As such I don't recommend to start with Scoia'tael.

Skellige is a bit easier and requires less expensive cards. The faction struggles in the end game, but it's still a solid choice to being with. I have included a picture of a Skellige Weather Deck. There are a few expensive cards in it, but most of them are optional. The Last Wish and Aeromancy can be replaced by other silver cards. Hjalmar can be replaced by Gerald. Coral is a nice legendary to have.

EDIT: This shitty forum is shit. Upload doesn't work properly.

EDIT Never mind thought the picture was to small but my internet browers was playing games with me xD

Last edited:
DelJay070;n7347160 said:
EDIT Never mind thought the picture was to small but my internet browers was playing games with me xD

Nah, you were right. The picture was small, but I've uploaded a different one, which is bigger.

Yes, Skellige is easier to play at the beginning. Scoiatael needs a pretty good deck to flourish and most people struggle very much with the starter deck. For Skellige for example Ermion, Birna Bran, Donar an Hindar, Ciri, Sigrdrifa and/or Restoration (at least one of the two you should have), Svanrige, Holger Blackhand, Udalryk can be pretty interesting choices at the beginning. Those cards don't need that many scraps to craft. Other than that Dimeritium Bomb is essential for Skellige.

When it comes to more expensive cards Decoy and Last Wish are very very useful for all factions. I can also recommend Geralt Igni - the cheaper version is Scorch. Anyhow it really depends on how you want to play. Personally I love using Yennefer, Coral, Hjalmar, Aeromancy and Geralt Aard in my Skellige deck. But at the beginning it's probably better to keep it simple.

@ 4RM3D + devivre
Some great advice here I might use myself! Thanks for being active in helping new players.
Skellige was the first started deck I tried before making my own Monsters deck to make a little progress. Now I think I will aim towards making a decent Skellige deck, given what you're saying about Scoia'tael (the faction I have the most cards for currently, though very few of the expensive ones ).

Top Bottom