​New player tips?

+
​New player tips?

Hey guys, are there any new player guides and tips that we should be aware of?
Would like to improve the odds...
=.=
Thanks!
:D

try to put in your deck cards that compliment each other, try to have variety as well to counter various strategies. If you are losing save your good cards for next round.

Yeah, most cards are only strong in combination with other cards. Try to built a deck with cards that work well together. Synergy is essential. Also keep the deck as small as possible - that makes it more likely that you will draw the cards you need. If there's a card you really need for your strategy to work, better have more of that kind in your deck (to make it more likely to draw this card...) or add another card with similar abilities...

Make sure you pack some removal.
Learn the "Kill on sight" cards for each faction (like: Hawker Support (requires creature based damage or immediate Alzur's Thunder), Clan Tuirseach Axeman, Ancient Foglet, Redanian Elite, etc).
Use the practice room to test a deck idea and tweak it. You can often find problems before going "live" in casual play.

Choose one or two factions you want to play with, go to your collection and mill every card that doesn't belong to the faction you want to play with. You'll get a lot of scraps from this, enought to build yourself a decent deck with decent strategy.

That's my tip for you, but make sure you choose well cause there's no way back.

zoiwillxx;n6955340 said:
Choose one or two factions you want to play with, go to your collection and mill every card that doesn't belong to the faction you want to play with. You'll get a lot of scraps from this, enought to build yourself a decent deck with decent strategy. That's my tip for you, but make sure you choose well cause there's no way back.

As a new player I wouldn't say mill (dust/destroy) your cards because, well, your new. How would you know which faction you want to main without trying them all for a good while.

zoiwillxx;n6955340 said:
Choose one or two factions you want to play with, go to your collection and mill every card that doesn't belong to the faction you want to play with. You'll get a lot of scraps from this, enought to build yourself a decent deck with decent strategy.

That's my tip for you, but make sure you choose well cause there's no way back.

I won't tell you *not* to do this. But I will say search the topic on the forums and research the large number of people who did this early in the beta and now regret it immensely. A few have gone so far as to send in trouble tickets to CDPR to have their account Beta reset (they only keep Kegs bought with cash).

It's much better to test factions (multiple deck types - casual or Practice room) and mill cards in small swaths (e.g. "I don't plan on playing Arachas Behemoth, so I'll mill that and the Ghouls and Ekimmara's that support that deck type). You can be more liberal with Commons and Rares; but be very wary of milling any Epic or Legend cards. Especially leaders.

Yeah, better test each faction first. I usually only mill cards I have to often.

Also keep in mind that there will be new cards sooner or later that might enable new ways to play a faction. I wouldn't write any faction off just yet :)

Worked for me.. I got my Skell and NR deck pretty buffed, got my lvls and now I have so much ore + scraps and spare cards that I can make another faction deck.

carolinapanther;n6957090 said:
Pick two decks to play that you like. Mill everything else. Use scraps to get cards you want. Thenbuild decks.

You sir, you like to read a lot as I can tell. Sure your idea is on point.

+1

Top Bottom