New regions

+
New regions

Hey.

My first thread so be gentle please. (Hope this is the right forum for this thread).
First of all let me say that I love this game. Cant get enough and right now Im on my 2nd play-through on the hardest mode lvl 30 as of today.

I tried searching the forum but could not find an answer to my question. What I wanna know is if CDPR will make a new continent? A big one like velen or skellige with new message boards and quests... just like the other ones.
And if they are when do you think they'll add them?

Last question.. is that why they sell the season pass so you get that stuff later on?

Thanks in advance guys.

You mean a new, open world zone? As far as we know, the second expansion - Blood and Wine, coming out next year - will feature a new region (Toussaint). No clue how big and detailed it will be... I doubt it will be as big as Velen, though.

As for the season pass: Yes, it gives you access to the two payed expansions CDPR has planned... no further plans are known right now.

The 'season' or expansion pass gives you both expansions:

1st Expansion will take place in the existing world, due October this year
2nd Expansion will take place in Toussaint, which will be an entire new open region, due early 2016

Beyond that we dontnhave much info yet.

Thanks amigo. Thats great. Ill buy the season pass next week when I get money on my credit card.

And yes Warbaby.. a new region is what I was wondering about and I got my answer. Thats sweet.
So what do you guys think.. will they make more than the two expansions? Would make sense that they kept making stuff for this game for a while cause its so big and they wanna keep us playing their game.

So october huh? Hell yeah.. wish that stuff would come out today. Cant wait.

Thanks amigo. Thats great. Ill buy the season pass next week when I get money on my credit card.

And yes Warbaby.. a new region is what I was wondering about and I got my answer. Thats sweet.
So what do you guys think.. will they make more than the two expansions? Would make sense that they kept making stuff for this game for a while cause its so big and they wanna keep us playing their game.

So october huh? Hell yeah.. wish that stuff would come out today. Cant wait.

I genuinely hope they do a couple more Expansions after, I can't get enough of this game.
Maybe just wishful thinking, as it would be a huge undertaking, but I think Cintra, or especially Kovir would be cool places to explore haha

Brokilon si needed very much in future expansion :) And Dol Blathanna too, please

I would count more on modders for those. Granted, if the RedKit 2 is released, and if people can more or less easily create more landscape...

I, for one, would like to see the duchy of Ellander (since Toussaint is confirmed). As well as the rest of the Continent. But whatever, a man can dream :rolleyes:

I thought both expansions would add new regions... I hope it takes place in an entirely different world, like where people have dark skin as Ciri mentioned

Last edited:
I thought both expansions would add new regions... I hope it takes place in an entirely different world, like where people have dark skin as Ciri mentioned

The second expansion is set in the south, close to Zerrikania. I think we will be getting much more diversity, if that's what youre looking for :)

Well, I guess they need the devs for Cyberpunk sooner or later so I wouldn't count on it.

A "prequel" expansion would be nice though. It could feature a storyline that plays long before the games and even the books. Basically just Geralt travelling around and doing Witcher work (maybe together with Dandelion just like in short stories). I would really enjoy such a setting done in the engine of TW3. :)

The second expansion is set in the south, close to Zerrikania. I think we will be getting much more diversity, if that's what youre looking for :)
Zerrikania is far, FAR away from Toussaint...

Toussaint is basically a country that is built on a "parody" of medieval chivalry while the whole rest of the world show the gritty, ugly truth. It's pretty much the Disney version of the Witcher world itself. :horse:

Last edited:

Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with the Witcher franchise (I don't like reading translated books), what's Zerrikania like? It's culture and is it more like a desert, forest, ice region?

I also want to see more of the territories in enhanced edition. Makhakam, Dol Blathana, Brokilon, Kovir.Maybe even part of Zerrikania with Borkh. And of course i want to see more of famous characters from there and spend quest and not quest time with them and Geralt team.

Last edited:
Uh, maybe there'll be big-ass spiders in the addon ("spiders so huge that they trap elephants in their webs")

I suffer from minor arachnophobia but I enjoy beating them up in games (as long as they don't scare jump from above like in Dragon Age: Origins)

I want to see the capital city of Nilfgaard, the heart of the empire...

Sign me up! I really like The Black Ones in TW3, I'm always wearing the full Nilfgaardian Guardsman set and the horse armor.
I'd love to see more of their culture, back in their own country. Nilfgaard (the city and the country) would be an awesome setting in my opinion. And it bet their troubles are a bit different from the ones in Temeria or Skellige, giving plenty of opportunites for new quest designs (not that there's anything wrong with the current ones)

Last edited:
I genuinely hope they do a couple more Expansions after, I can't get enough of this game.
Maybe just wishful thinking, as it would be a huge undertaking, but I think Cintra, or especially Kovir would be cool places to explore haha

don't worry about that witcher brother

professional modders are just waiting the Redkit2 to makes us never quit playing witcher 3

Just played through Space and Time quest and gotta say, those places interest me a lot! Would really like to explore the elven city in that mission for example, and the snowed over village was really interesting, although I loved all of the places in that quest.

Top Bottom