New Road Map Please

+
Now that CDPR is about to be allowed off Sony's naughty step would it be possible for the studio to release a more detailed road map for the game with some detail of both what technical issues are being worked on and when dlc and expansion can be expected please?

I sense a growing frustration from some members of the community with the lack of detailed communication. Even just a Q&A session or interview with one of the senior leads would be good.

Questions like, are you working on keyboard mapping?
Are the LOD and pop in changes on pc permanent?

We don't need any grand promises, just a little bit more detail and insight in to what's being worked on.

Thanks in advance

Guest 3847602

As much as I'd like to, I understand them not wanting to reveal or confirm anything until they are completely sure about it. Detailed communication doesn't really work when sizeable portion of playerbase makes no distinction between "planning to do something" and "promise". Or, sometimes, even between "their own wishful thinking" and "someone else's promise".

I hope CDPR learned their lessons regarding premature reveals and announcements. They can have disastrous consequences long term. I'd love to see a roadmap of releases, but if it's not 99,99% concrete, then spare us.

I would like to know a general direction where the game is heading at the moment. I suppose many people, just like me, still have high hopes for the game but lose interest over time, as the last 6 months of development didn't bring any significant changes other than fixing bugs that i never encountered.

That being said, the development team undergoes so many changes in the last weeks, they probably have shifted some of their priorities/goals and likely don't yet know themselves where the game is heading.

I prefer no roadmap over a vague one, and i don't expect anything other than vague statements from CDPR. They became so good with the legal side of marketing statements, I don't trust a word of what they say before contacting my lawyer.

Note that although it was said that post-launch dlc would arrive.
An exact date was not specified, and the game is not yet complete, whatever they say to the public or the press.
The roadmap continues to be planned for 2022. DLC or Nex-Gen ?
H2 may be the last day of the year 2021.
If no details were given, it is so as not to breach again.

429cj2go9h271.png

An exact date was not specified, and the game is not yet complete, whatever they say to the public or the press.

View attachment 11228297

Especially significant is that "small additional content" message that did not appear in previous roadmaps ...

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Especially significant is that "small additional content" message that did not appear in previous roadmaps ...
"Small additional content" is exactly what free DLC program for TW3 was:
- handful of sidequests
- few armour sets
- crossbows
- alternate outfits for major female characters
- new finisher animations
- additional beards and hairstyles
- NG+
Basically, they are covering their backs from unrealistically high expectations regarding the free content. Almost immediately after the first one was reveled, clickbaity youtubers jumped in with their fake "leaked names of DLCs" (implying things such as joinable gangs, car customization, police overhaul, reputation system revamp, map expansion etc...)

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 11228297
I know and I do understand their reasons for being vague, but it might be nice to know that once x,y,z issues are resolved they'll be moving on to dlc. There are so many different issues that people are concerned about that it would be helpful to know which ones are in hand and which ones definitely can't /won't be tackled.

Last edited:

View attachment 11228297

To quote Benjamin King from SR4, "That's not a plan, that's a goal". I'm certainly not expecting anything in the way of specific dates, but it would be nice to have some idea of what they are actively working on so we have some idea of what to expect even if we don't know when to expect it.

I mean the main issue was due to how CDPR presented the game in marketing... for example if they now came out with a new road map and said these are the areas we are considering working on and instead frame it with honest and realistic expectations vs promises aimed at selling more copies then I do think that people will take it for how its presented and appreciate the update so they at least know what is going on. A lot of people spent money on this game long before release and still haven't played it to completion (myself included) because we are waiting for more patches before we do. Depending on what the patches dlc add that may change the decision for some people and CDPR need to earn back some trust and be more honest and transparent with consumers in order to do that.

IMO The game doesn't need to live up to every promise that they broke in order to gain back some trust but the company does need to at least be honest with us and give us realistic expectations.

Top Bottom