New Scoia'tael cards

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Elves and magic go hand in hand. Better watch them closely!

These are the brand new cards arriving June 8th for ST!

SCO_EN.png

More reveals:
Thanedd Coup
Harvest of Sorrow

Last edited:
I absolutely loathed Spella'tael in beta, but I think I just might give these new cards a try regardless. :p

Whisperer's art is stunningly beautiful even in a static image. Premium is bound to be sweeeeeeeeeet.

Looking forward to admiring the artworks for Vanadain and Whisperer in greater detail in-game. Not surprisingly, no dwarves for this expansion. I doubt we'll see many, overall.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, ST cards make up in their art for the lack of power/usefulness. They are all brilliant addition for the deckbuider where we can see and admire the art and animation without needing to play them.

Sorceress: One damage will make her useless. You must bring plenty of "boost an ally" card for her to be useful or she is neutralised. Weak and high risk card.
Whisperer: Seems good. 3 damage can kill it, but if not, it can be a +3/turn for a few turns and can easily play for 12+ points in a long round. Comparable to the 4P SY/MO card with a different condition.
Vanadain: Junkest and crappiest card in this expansion or in the whole game for the provision and the ability (at least until Waylay is reworked).
Francesca: A decent card, but needs a lot of planning (other faction Legendaries with the exception of NG) doesn't have hard condition/planning needed to get good value. Can easily brick in a short round (please don't say you can play with MF to get +1 special card. She has no place in MF and to play her in MF to be useful directly means she is horrible). To be able to play 3 special cards is easy in a long round, but in a short to mid round it is very very hard. She will have her place, but once a meta deck with her becomes famous people will know how to smoke her out and let her play for 7 points for 10p.

Overall, the ST package along with the (non-existant) balance for ST is the weakest/junkest and biggest snub for any faction in this expansion.

Well, ST cards make up in their art for the lack of power/usefulness. They are all brilliant addition for the deckbuider where we can see and admire the art and animation without needing to play them.

Sorceress: One damage will make her useless. You must bring plenty of "boost an ally" card for her to be useful or she is neutralised. Weak and high risk card.
Whisperer: Seems good. 3 damage can kill it, but if not, it can be a +3/turn for a few turns and can easily play for 12+ points in a long round. Comparable to the 4P SY/MO card with a different condition.
Vanadain: Junkest and crappiest card in this expansion or in the whole game for the provision and the ability (at least until Waylay is reworked).
Francesca: A decent card, but needs a lot of planning (other faction Legendaries with the exception of NG) doesn't have hard condition/planning needed to get good value. Can easily brick in a short round (please don't say you can play with MF to get +1 special card. She has no place in MF and to play her in MF to be useful directly means she is horrible). To be able to play 3 special cards is easy in a long round, but in a short to mid round it is very very hard. She will have her place, but once a meta deck with her becomes famous people will know how to smoke her out and let her play for 7 points for 10p.

Overall, the ST package along with the (non-existant) balance for ST is the weakest/junkest and biggest snub for any faction in this expansion.
ST bronzes refuse to get reworked, it's kind of loreful that they're stuck in the old ways lmao

rrc

Forum veteran
Please include these cards in the Patch notes and reduce the Epic and Orb by two provisions each. Or just change the description of the Elf Cards from "Show those arrogant dh’oine why they are no match for Elven mages!" to "Show those arrogant dh’oine why we suck and will remain in dumpster for foreseeable future!" or "We Surrender D'hoine. Our Mages and Spells are too expensive to afford and will only work among themselves and against training bots"

"Look mother! I've invented the steem engine."
"Well done boy, but humans are shooting homingmissiles allready."

Can anybody please explain of what and wich magic I (as a dhoine) should dream. I mean the aretuza Kindergarden is more dangerous than this elven granpa.

Seriously. The 6prov bronce spell has a nice idea to synergize with the dol-blathana sorc. Buff her by 2 makes 6 and voila get another Orb.
But: boost 2 and vit2 is super slow (again). Flute ladys have viel. If you try to use these 3p multiplyer you run out of targets for vit or go really tall.

again antisynergie combined in synergie along a powerlevel thats outdated

Imagine they would have released Vanadain now or even later. I could not be outraged...I would have settled for bad and worse.

This seet feels like it's missing something.
I remember devs being very confident, that ST will be strong after PoP2, so i'm sure some old cards will get reworked to synergize with the new ones.
Simlas - i think he's good only if you can play 3 or more copies, so ST might get their own Paveta/Assire.
Saov - interesting, but overpriced.
Orb - again, really interesting card, but overpriced.
Seer - i like this one, no complains here :)

rrc

Forum veteran
Yes, no one is complaining about the mechanism themselves.. but the provision cost.. It is unbelievably high for such low tempo plays with a possibility of a carry over. When they introduced Megascope, they said it can be played for carryover and that using it on Crow or Commando will be a 4 point carryover. And they costed that card 4P which can also be played for 10 points pointslam... And they print this faction card which plays for 4 points and 4 points carry over and put it at 6P???

A stupid neutral bronze card which is both versatile in pointslam as well as 4 points carry over cost 4P and this stupid orb costs 6P? How is this logical? or Fair?

I think what annoys me the most about "orb of insight" (apart from the obvious) is the anti synergy with whisperer of dol blathanna (and francesca for that matter). did no one think printing units with veil and specials with vitality is somewhat clunky, to say it mildly?

I think what annoys me the most about "orb of insight" (apart from the obvious) is the anti synergy with whisperer of dol blathanna (and francesca for that matter). did no one think printing units with veil and specials with vitality is somewhat clunky, to say it mildly?
I think "what annoys me most" about these four cards is a great thread topic :D

For me, it's the "Boost a unit by 6" part of the Saov description. Like, just the dullness of it rubs me the wrong way.

I think "what annoys me most" about these four cards is a great thread topic :D

For me, it's the "Boost a unit by 6" part of the Saov description. Like, just the dullness of it rubs me the wrong way.
very true. these are some of the most uninspired card designs I've seen in a long while. was the perfect chance to maybe do something interesting like deck manipulation (it's an orb he sees the future with) but no, just give ST players boost by 2 and 2 vit lol.

Top Bottom