New Secret message

+

Guest 4211861

I don't mind, but some people find the lack of a new full gameplay vid annoying, because in their mind they have waited for 6 years already.:think:

August isn't far away, summer will just blow past us, as it always does.:sad:

I'm highly disappointed with CDPR with this decision. It's a cheap excuse.
We've waited for a full year and we get a CGI trailer. They couldn't be bothered to even give us a 3-5 min IN-GAME trailer. Something that showcase the world some..
The game is out in 10 months and they STILL "do not feel comfortable showing game play"..
They showed us 48 minutes last year and now say a lot has changed. Then SHOW us.

Why say this is their biggest E3 when for US the gamers/public. It's less than 2018 that at least had an in-game trailer.
But I guess we do not count.

IF they cannot trust showing us footage and only treating press as special people, it angers me actually. Also, it starts to make me wonder if they actually have everything in order, making changes and then holding it back from us.
The need to have the press tell them if it is OK or not behind closed doors. Seriously. The press means NOTHING to most of us. We make our own judgment with our OWN eyes. Furthermore. A little late in the game to play this kind of stuff.
It's not like you can make many changes 10 months left on the clock before release. If you do, it's going to be a mess.

Look it's this simple:

I was looking forward to this E3 to get MORE info and footage. Being existed for weeks before E3. I am now left with a bad taste instead and a lingering annoyance with CDPR.. Sorry, Keanu or not. I am not that cheap that I get sidetracked because of his appearance.
I rather have a 5 minute in-game trailer. At the very least.
Well, it's evidently not about feeling comfortable or being worried about the state of the game -- as they explained in their message, it's a business decision. They need to generate hype. If they show gameplay here, then the gameplay they show at Gamescom is less impactful.

I don't really disagree with you from a consumer standpoint, but at the same time, I understand their side of things, too, and I know at the end of the day they are still a business -- just a more transparent and consumer-friendly one.

August isn't far away, summer will just blow past us, as it always does.:sad:

I hope so. I despise the heat.

I'm highly disappointed with CDPR with this decision. It's a cheap excuse.
We've waited for a full year and we get a CGI trailer. They couldn't be bothered to even give us a 3-5 min IN-GAME trailer. Something that showcase the world some..
The game is out in 10 months and they STILL "do not feel comfortable showing game play"..
They showed us 48 minutes last year and now say a lot has changed. Then SHOW us.

Why say this is their biggest E3 when for US the gamers/public. It's less than 2018 that at least had an in-game trailer.
But I guess we do not count.

IF they cannot trust showing us footage and only treating press as special people, it angers me actually. Also, it starts to make me wonder if they actually have everything in order, making changes and then holding it back from us.
The need to have the press tell them if it is OK or not behind closed doors. Seriously. The press means NOTHING to most of us. We make our own judgment with our OWN eyes. Furthermore. A little late in the game to play this kind of stuff.
It's not like you can make many changes 10 months left on the clock before release. If you do, it's going to be a mess.

Look it's this simple:

I was looking forward to this E3 to get MORE info and footage. Being existed for weeks before E3. I am now left with a bad taste instead and a lingering annoyance with CDPR.. Sorry, Keanu or not. I am not that cheap that I get sidetracked because of his appearance.
I rather have a 5 minute in-game trailer. At the very least.

It's just E3.

E3 sucks. Most other games shown were straight trash. Did you see the "gameplay" for the new Avengers game. Yikes and boring. E3 isn't even over yet. Gamescon is coming up and I can only think that CDPR is releasing things in "drips" instead of a flood.

The very short gameplay of 2077 that was shown could have been full of spoilers if longer. I am ok with spoilers, but what they did this E3 was completely unexpected and it worked much better than anything else at E3. It gives a little bit more of an understanding of what "consequences" (RIP Jackie:giveup:) mean in the game. Gameplay will be shown when they think it's ready.

Guest 3847602

They need to generate hype. If they show gameplay here, then the gameplay they show at Gamescom is less impactful.
Well then, the solution that suggests itself is: show us anything that represents the final version of the game now, THEN show CGI trailer or whatever you want at Gamescom.
and I know at the end of the day they are still a business -- just a more transparent and consumer-friendly one.
There's nothing transparent or consumer friendly about taking pre-orders without showing you what you've pre-ordered.

Well then, the solution that suggests itself is: show us anything that represents the final version of the game now, THEN show CGI trailer or whatever you want at Gamescom.

There's nothing transparent or consumer friendly about taking pre-orders without showing you what you've pre-ordered.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. We saw 48 minutes of gameplay. Then we saw a brief-er sneak peak. And a CGI trailer. And we're about to have a lot of questions answered about the game both from journalists and the community. And we're getting more gameplay at Gamescom and Pax.

If none of that is enough for you to pre-order -- then don't. CDPR themselves said in the message that they would prefer people only pre-order if they are very confident that they will enjoy the final product.

Seems like an OK deal to me.

Guest 3847602

We saw 48 minutes of gameplay.
...with a clear disclaimer that everything we saw was subject to change. Which was cool at that stage, now the game is less than a year away and that's kinda insufficient.
And we're about to have a lot of questions answered about the game both from journalists and the community.
Oh yeah, can't wait for that. /s
If none of that is enough for you to pre-order -- then don't. CDPR themselves said in the message that they would prefer people only pre-order if they are very confident that they will enjoy the final product.
My main point is - they are walking on a very thin ice with this marketing strategy.

My main point is - they are walking on a very thin ice with this marketing strategy.

Lets face it, majority of the people next year in April and later when looking at next game to play will examine CP2077 how it is then with available material and word of mouth/reviews. Knowing something now is irrelevant, 10 months is way too far away. Since I will be buying digital version I won't pre-order it yet, I will put my entertainment money somewhere else instead.

My main criticism with the game industry is no transparency. I like that CDPR is trying to give us a little more insight into their decision making.
I would have liked to see the new gameplay asap, but at least they gave us a timeframe.

I dunno. I feel like at some point you can see too much a game before playing it you know? A 48 minute demo is a lot. Even if it's a 200 hour game, that's what? .4% of the entire thing. If we saw that last fall, and get to see one more this fall showing a few more systems, that's plenty of time to make a purchase decision. And who am I kidding, I'm buying this game.

Plus I think there is benefit to reading new information about the game before seeing ... helps one to get their head around what we're seeing when it comes out. If your gonna spoil yourself, might as well understand what your watching as much as possible. Or maybe I just like reading interviews and articles?

...with a clear disclaimer that everything we saw was subject to change. Which was cool at that stage, now the game is less than a year away and that's kinda insufficient.

Something tells me the game is gonna sell just fine regardless of people's disappointment in their business decisions at this stage.

I'm not even defending it at this point. I just think this is a bunch of wasted energy on your part, and everyone else's part..

In 2 months, we will see more gameplay, and it will be 2 months closer to the actual finished product, at that -- which, to me, is preferable. I'd rather wait and see a more representative picture of how the game will play.

Oh yeah, can't wait for that. /s

Because the only way to get information about the game is through direct gameplay, right?

Sorry you feel that way if so, but for those of us that have been waiting for detailed info on mechanics for the better part of 5-6 years, we are more than happy to be given the chance to ask those questions. And we know that seeing more shooty shooty bang bang gameplay (which is what appeals to the vast majority of customers) is not going to get those questions answered.

If that was intended as yet another "lul game jurnaliztz are teh sux," well, I can't do much to change your mind I suppose. But there are several I know who will ask good questions and give detailed impressions of what they saw.

Guest 3847602

Something tells me the game is gonna sell just fine regardless of people's disappointment in their business decisions at this stage.

I'm not even defending it at this point. I just think this is a bunch of wasted energy on your part, and everyone else's part..
Not what I was getting at. I am certain that CP2077 is going to sell well, thanks to the reputation CDPR have build over the years. If the game turns out to be underwhelming to the general audience (for whatever reason), this ordeal with preorders based on CGI trailer and goodwill will be amplifier for dissatisfaction and resentment towards CDPR. There's much more to lose than win with this approach.
Because the only way to get information about the game is through direct gameplay, right?
Only way? No. The most reliable way? In my case: yes, absolutely. ;)

If the game turns out to be underwhelming to the general audience (for whatever reason), this ordeal with preorders based on CGI trailer and goodwill will be amplifier for dissatisfaction and resentment towards CDPR. There's much more to lose than win with this approach.

Seems unlikely to me. I guess CDPR has weighed their options and decided the chance that a vocal minority of players not only get frustrated about this, but remember it 10 months from now (especially after they show footage at Gamescom in 2 months) is small enough to be worth taking the "risk." And I suppose they're also fairly confident their game will not be "underwhelming."

Only way? No. The most reliable way? In my case: yes, absolutely. ;)

Well there we have it. In your case. You obviously care about different things in a video game than I do. Which is perfectly fine, I'm happy to agree to disagree on this point.

Think of it this way.

In the letter they wrote to fans they said that pre-ordering now should be considered as a "thumbs up" i.e. they don't expect you to, but if you want.. the option is there. :shrug:

Top Bottom