New silent update?

+
Less than a month ago I started a streetkid playthorugh and I was going with that, but a week ago my gf wanted to see the Nomad path and dialogues, so I started a separate nomad playthrough so she could see it.
The only available mission I have right now is to meet with Evelyn. A month ago, while playing streetkid, I remember being able to take a lot more of sidemissions, NCPD stuff, gigs and cyberpsycho missions that aren't showing up now. (And yes, I'm completed all of Regina's available gigs).
I'm not looking to do the heist overpowered, but I just wanted to level up certain stuff that influence dialogue before meeting Ev.
When was this implemented? It can be long since, like I already said, a month ago I was able to do all those missions and now they're being held on until I do the heist, apparently.
I love the game and I already finished different endings. but everytime I come back they had taken some from it (mods in crafting, limiting the number of quests until you finish another one first and thus not letting you decide which one to do first, and now this).

Can you give more specifics to what was missing this time? All of the cyberpsychos or just some? The gigs missing were Regina's right (had to be in act 1 I think)?
Agree with you on the last part. The map did get less clustered which is a great thing but not being able to choose the order of gigs is a real shame, after having it.

Can you give more specifics to what was missing this time? All of the cyberpsychos or just some? The gigs missing were Regina's right (had to be in act 1 I think)?
Agree with you on the last part. The map did get less clustered which is a great thing but not being able to choose the order of gigs is a real shame, after having it.

For example, gigs like the soldier in the ruined building (Regina sends you there to recover a drug shipment that he stole) aren't available now, just as multiple NCPD missions that I did witht the streetkid and aren't showing up now. (To make sure, I visited the places, and no. No enemies and no NCPD icon is there). My only active quests right now are:
- Wait for Watsons Lockdown to end.
- Enter Delamain (the one where you have to join Jackie to go to Konpeki plaza).
- The cyberpsychos one (But those aren't available on the map at the time), and when you visit the places they're supposed to be, there aren't any bodies nor cyberpsychos.
It's not 'bad memory', @LeKill3rFou . I've played this game numerous times and I played it with streetkid very recently, so when something changes, I'm able to know what is missing and where. After the last patch, I was one of the first ones who detected that fortified ankle had been accidentally nerfed, so believe me, I do notice little changes like those, including missions that are currently 'on hold' for some odd reason.
Just opened this topic to see if it's actually a bug or a 'feature'.

Interesting. It could be that CDPR is tweaking some things for the near future, in this case, the expected 1.6 patch. I have also noticed some changes. More and more NPCs appear with clothes never seen before. There are more lines of dialogue between them. Honestly, I hope that CDPR doesn't take much longer to release the new update - patch 1.6 to leave the game almost fully polished (more complete, new items and who knows, some new gigs, ng+) to receive the expansion in 2023. It is undeniable: some things are silently changing.

For example, gigs like the soldier in the ruined building (Regina sends you there to recover a drug shipment that he stole) aren't available now, just as multiple NCPD missions that I did witht the streetkid and aren't showing up now. (To make sure, I visited the places, and no. No enemies and no NCPD icon is there). My only active quests right now are:
- Wait for Watsons Lockdown to end.
- Enter Delamain (the one where you have to join Jackie to go to Konpeki plaza).
- The cyberpsychos one (But those aren't available on the map at the time), and when you visit the places they're supposed to be, there aren't any bodies nor cyberpsychos.
It's not 'bad memory', @LeKill3rFou . I've played this game numerous times and I played it with streetkid very recently, so when something changes, I'm able to know what is missing and where. After the last patch, I was one of the first ones who detected that fortified ankle had been accidentally nerfed, so believe me, I do notice little changes like those, including missions that are currently 'on hold' for some odd reason.
Just opened this topic to see if it's actually a bug or a 'feature'.
You can enable on map custum and enable what you want too show, Gigs are done in order now (the basic is proximity i think?). Need too complete all in the zone before new ones shows up. You get a message from the fixer that your awsome and that new missions are availeble. If that doesnt work, your game is probably bugged in some way. Im not a big fan tbh since it increases traveltime and you cant just do the gigs in whatever order you want.

You can enable on map custum and enable what you want too show, Gigs are done in order now (the basic is proximity i think?).
Please re-read my second post. While I didn't directly wrote that I did select the icons on the map to make sure I wasn't going mental, I said I visited the places and there was nothing there. Even if the icons are unselected, if you visit a location the missions are going to trigger.

Update: I just finished the heist and this 'unlocked' some missions in Watson:
- 1 cyberpsycho mission.
- 1 NCPD mission.
- 1 gig.

I'm not mentioning other zones of the map, because, like I already stated before, what I'm saying is that these quests that just got 'unlocked' were able to be played before the heist in another playthorugh that I did less than a month ago. (And ALL the toher playthorughs I did before).

Also, forgot to say I was always able to complete Mujer de la Mancha before the heist in my streetkid playthorugh. When I went there with my more recent Nomad playthrough, not only the mission didn't trigger, but the Tyger Claws that are usually hanging in that zone weren't there, nor the Nomad dude who points you to the right direction.

Gigs wont start unless you unlocked em(doing all the other gigs that shows on the map) even if you visit the place. I did try that too but it just dont work. Regina gives you 2-3 at a time(like all fixers). NCPD should be there even if not on map tho so im guessing your game is bugged or something if your not finding them? They dont show on default across the map tho.

im not sure if some of the gigs wont show untill after the heist. Its possible since i dident clear my map before doing it last time. Think i was leel 11 when i finished the heist.

The only available mission I have right now is to meet with Evelyn. A month ago, while playing streetkid, I remember being able to take a lot more of sidemissions, NCPD stuff, gigs and cyberpsycho missions that aren't showing up now. (And yes, I'm completed all of Regina's available gigs).
So maybe/probably a bug, because a month ago, it was also 1.52 and absolutely nothing changed since march ;)

Gigs wont start unless you unlocked em(doing all the other gigs that shows on the map) even if you visit the place. I did try that too but it just dont work. Regina gives you 2-3 at a time(like all fixers). NCPD should be there even if not on map tho so im guessing your game is bugged or something if your not finding them? They dont show on default across the map tho.

im not sure if some of the gigs wont show untill after the heist. Its possible since i dident clear my map before doing it last time. Think i was leel 11 when i finished the heist.

I know gigs won't start unless you unlock them, and to unlock them you have to complete some prior gigs first. I already mentioned the quests that I had active at the time (Watson Lockdown, Go to konpeki plaza, Stop all the cyberpsychos), meaning that I had NO MORE GIGS ACTIVE in that moment, which shouldn't happen since I hadn't completed The Mujer de la Mancha and the one were you recover the drugs Regina sends you to recover yet.
I know NCPD should be there, even if you don't select the NCPD icons to show on the map, and what I said is that not only my NCPD icons were selected on my map, but I visited the places where they're supposed to be (Have a good memory for those cause I've played the game multiple times), and they weren't active yet, but in my last playthorugh less than a month ago, they were there before the heist, including Mujer de la Mancha and the Drug mission.
Don't want to be rude to you, but I don't know if I', not explaining myself correctly or you can't understand what I'm trying to say. Either way, since @mallmann1978 already said he noticed some changes as well, I'll just assume these are unlisted changes. Wouldn't be the first time CDPR adds changes and they don't list them.

This sounds like a bug, I've started a number of new playthroughs since last month and other than the 1.5 change to Gigs and Cyberpsychos being available gradually/tied to Fixer standing, there hasn't been a change. NCPD Scanner Hustles still appear all at once for me.

Since you finished the heist, are NCPD Scanner Hustles & Fixer Gigs appearing in other districts?

I know gigs won't start unless you unlock them, and to unlock them you have to complete some prior gigs first. I already mentioned the quests that I had active at the time (Watson Lockdown, Go to konpeki plaza, Stop all the cyberpsychos), meaning that I had NO MORE GIGS ACTIVE in that moment, which shouldn't happen since I hadn't completed The Mujer de la Mancha and the one were you recover the drugs Regina sends you to recover yet.
I know NCPD should be there, even if you don't select the NCPD icons to show on the map, and what I said is that not only my NCPD icons were selected on my map, but I visited the places where they're supposed to be (Have a good memory for those cause I've played the game multiple times), and they weren't active yet, but in my last playthorugh less than a month ago, they were there before the heist, including Mujer de la Mancha and the Drug mission.
Don't want to be rude to you, but I don't know if I', not explaining myself correctly or you can't understand what I'm trying to say. Either way, since @mallmann1978 already said he noticed some changes as well, I'll just assume these are unlisted changes. Wouldn't be the first time CDPR adds changes and they don't list them.
Nvm i get it, nothing has changed in the last month atleast i can say that much. No patch since 1.52 so it cant have been changed. Perhaps its also streetcred locked or something?

Last edited:
Sounds like a bug of sorts because I started my current playthrough about two weeks ago and I got all the NCPD stuff and Regina's gigs normally in act 1. I just had to enable everything on the map screen so I could actually see those.
Now I'm firmly in act 2 and I haven't noticed any missing quests or side activities yet.

When you say you have "NO MORE GIGS ACTIVE", do you mean there are no other gigs listed on your journal? Or are you saying that there are no more blue exclamation marks on your map? Yellow and blue exclamation marks will not appear as active gigs in your Journal until you go near those areas on foot (then they show up in the journal).

Also, how did the map look just before you went to the Afterlife? It sounds like you've literally just had the meeting with Dex and T-bug. I'm curious if initiating THE HEIST has possibly locked you out of everything temporarily? Would be a bit strange if that was the case.

Re: silent updates, last one I'm aware of was the one back in February, so nothing to do with this. (I think that might have been a whole other thing to do with the expansion files modders alerted CDPR about? But I dunno - that's very much grape vine information).

On a side note, how come your GF wasn't playing this herself? o_O

Re: silent updates, last one I'm aware of was the one back in February, so nothing to do with this. (I think that might have been a whole other thing to do with the expansion files modders alerted CDPR about? But I dunno - that's very much grape vine information).
Not really "silent", the last updates/hotfix without "N°", was just a hotfix about Steam Achievements.
We just released a hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam fixing the issue preventing unlocking achievements. Happy achievement hunting!
And before that, a hotfix too, about the "audio software" crashes.
At least, nothing which change the game itself :)

Not really "silent", the last updates/hotfix without "N°", was just a hotfix about Steam Achievements.

And before that, a hotfix too, about the "audio software" crashes.
At least, nothing which change the game itself :)

No, I was referring to the February 19th update that was released without patch notes just days after the 1.5 patch. It was controversial because the update came in wildly different sizes and CDPR wouldn't publicly acknowledge what it even was (I'm not sure if they ever have, come to think of it). In the end, all anyone noticed were some extra RTX options. Now... allegedly (take this with a pinch of salt) that patch might also have been to do with quietly removing the expansion files that were supposedly left after patch 1.5 by mistake (but again, that's all grape vine info - I guess you'd have to talk to the modding community to learn more about that whole saga).

In any case, nothing to do with what the OP is talking about, but interesting nonetheless.

You think after 1.5 maybe different gigs are available on act 1 depending on lifepath? Or even the fixer gigs order are all different!?

No, I was referring to the February 19th update that was released without patch notes just days after the 1.5 patch. It was controversial because the update came in wildly different sizes and CDPR wouldn't publicly acknowledge what it even was (I'm not sure if they ever have, come to think of it). In the end, all anyone noticed were some extra RTX options. Now... allegedly (take this with a pinch of salt) that patch might also have been to do with quietly removing the expansion files that were supposedly left after patch 1.5 by mistake (but again, that's all grape vine info - I guess you'd have to talk to the modding community to learn more about that whole saga).

In any case, nothing to do with what the OP is talking about, but interesting nonetheless.
Yea they removed the leaked files and added some settings because people were having issues with performance. Thats why it was such a huge patch for alot of people without any patch notes ^^

Yep, right :)
Just checked on Steamdb. It's "mostly" removing files.

Top Bottom