New Starter Set Cards

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hey Everyone,

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the new starter set of cards. Our account base is rather large and performing such updates can be quite time consuming. To help clarify things I wanted to share with you some more details about what to expect:

Phase 1:
We will go through all pre-beta accounts - if you played 0 online games after 1.0 and have old Starter Set decks & cards, we will remove them from your accounts. Then, all of the new Starter Set decks & cards will be added to your collection. This will be done through this weekend up till Monday 03.06.2019.

Phase 2:
We will go through all post-beta accounts - if you have less than the max number of non-premium copies of a new Starter Set card, we will grant you the missing cards. On the other hand, if you have more than the maximum number of non-premium copies, we will mill the extra copies. If you have the maximum number of copies of the Starter Set cards, we won’t be doing anything. This phase will be carried out sometime next week and will last 2-3 days - we’ll keep you updated.

Finding a solution that is fair to players but isn’t easily exploitable can be a difficult thing. We believe at this time that this solution, while not perfect, should be adequate to resolving any major issues with the Starter Set changes.

If you have the maximum number of copies of the Starter Set cards, we won’t be doing anything.

This will penalize (newer) players who have (recently) crafted cards from the new starter decks. As such, everyone who has cards from the starter decks should receive full scrap value for each copy, up to two for bronzes. This is my suggestion to make the conversion even more fair, especially for those just starting out.

EDIT:
Finding a solution that is fair to players but isn’t easily exploitable can be a difficult thing.

I understand that this is a difficult process. But I do wonder if my suggestion was ever a consideration, but wasn't chosen because of other technicalities.

Last edited:
I would suggest also third phase -> unlocking premium versions of base set cards to be millable again, because patch made them not millable.

Lexor

Forum veteran
if you have more than the maximum number of non-premium copies, we will mill the extra copies

Important question: Will I get full value for these milled extra copies?

I had spared extra normal cards and they waited just for powder to transmute them into premium versions and if this won't be full value mill then I will lose additional scraps when making premium version of these cards.

For example: as of now I have four copies of Alba Pikeman card: three normal ones and one premium.

If I do not receive full value from my extra copy of normal Alba Pikeman for full value then I will need to pay extra 20 (it's 30 - 10 from "not full value" mill) scraps to get my one missing premium - before update transmute cost was just 100 powder.

Last edited:
@Burza46 And what is plan for "beta accounts" (accounts created during beta, not before beta, not after beta)? There are mentioned only "pre-beta accounts" and "post-beta accounts".
Is there some group of accounts, which can, after your planned changes, end up without base set cards?

@Burza46 And what is plan for "beta accounts" (accounts created during beta, not before beta, not after beta)? There are mentioned only "pre-beta accounts" and "post-beta accounts".
Is there some group of accounts, which can, after your planned changes, end up without base set cards?

These are exactly what Burza called "pre-beta" accounts, the name is misleading. You could call them pre-release and post-release instead.

Thank you for this! I know that there is no perfect solution, but I really appreciate that you guys are listening to your players, trying to make the changes fair to everyone, and keeping us updated.

This will penalize (newer) players who have (recently) crafted cards from the new starter decks. As such, everyone who has cards from the starter decks should receive full scrap value for each copy, up to two for bronzes. This is my suggestion to make the conversion even more fair, especially for those just starting out.
Exactly! What do I get for crafting Geralt of Rivia for 800 scraps. I could have used my scraps better if I had known that I would get those cards anyway. They are essentially punishing crafting cards. In this method the people who played the least after the Homecoming and never crafted cards are rewarded the most (cause they get all the old and new starter deck cards for free and their scraps remain intact) and I am punished for using my scraps the craft cards.

Hi Burza!

I downloaded Gwent on PS4 around a month ago. I played through the tutorial and open some kegs and added som cards to the existing starter decks with small improvements.

I did not play any games on ranked och season at all though.

After the latest patch and the intorduced new and improved strater decks my own deck are still the same and I cannot see any improvents according to the patch notes. Are you guys working on fixing this?

Thx in advance!

We have been waiting for a week already. When will CDPR fulfill what she promoted and deploy phase 2!?

I have got base set cards now, thank you.

However addition of "Geralt of Rivia", who is part of contracts "Contract Killer" and "The Usual Suspects", was not affecting those contracts. Yes, I could contact support for that, but I seriously doubt, I would be only one with this "bug" and I think, this should be solved on wider base, rather than manual account per account update.

Has anybody had their extra copies of the non-premium new base set cards auto-milled by CDPR yet?

Yes, my extra copies of non-premium base set cards were gone when I logged in today. However, I have not received any copies of cards that I didn't previously have.

That is odd then, because I have the opposite situation. I have received copies of cards I didn't previously have. But haven't had extra copies of non-premium auto-milled yet.

Can we expect any reply from the Gwent team about the progress of the solution to the new starter set issue? Is it still an ongoing process? Should people who have not received the missing cards or have not had surplus cards milled contact support individually?

I think it is still an ongoing process because yesterday I noticed that my surplus cards are now gone. Seems they are just completing the steps in an inconsistent order between accounts.

Top Bottom