New Steam Repository

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game has now removed all drm from steam version. They deleted steam_api dll file.

DRM? hu, did not realize there was any. Wow am I getting blind in my old age?
I mean you could launch the EXE and play off line. So what Kind of DRM was it?

Anyway REMOVING it could be what was needed to be done to stop the "Steam related" CTD on launch?

Dam I hope so...

They have just added steam dll file back, must have removed it by mistake, that's the only change.
Post automatically merged:

DRM? hu, did not realize there was any. Wow am I getting blind in my old age?
I mean you could launch the EXE and play off line. So what Kind of DRM was it?

Anyway REMOVING it could be what was needed to be done to stop the "Steam related" CTD on launch?

Dam I hope so...
Steam DRM is very basic, just to ensure a legitimate buyer is running this copy, you can run CDPR games offline on any platform. They must have removed it by mistake as they added it back real quick within a day.

The public repository has been updated without any notes. Any ideas?

Edit:

I assume it is related to SteamDeck:
Code:
Modified – bin/x64/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.exe
Modified – bin/x64/Cyberpunk2077.exe (+1.05 KiB)
Modified – bin/x64/REDEngineErrorReporter.exe
Modified – r6/config/settings/platform/steamdeck/options.json
Manifest ID changed – 7446768196129816294 › 5869743417560122937

The public repository has been updated without any notes. Any ideas?

Edit:

I assume it is related to SteamDeck:
Code:
Modified – bin/x64/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.exe
Modified – bin/x64/Cyberpunk2077.exe (+1.05 KiB)
Modified – bin/x64/REDEngineErrorReporter.exe
Modified – r6/config/settings/platform/steamdeck/options.json
Manifest ID changed – 7446768196129816294 › 5869743417560122937
Something went public though - CET is broken and logs state that it's an unrecognized game version, though the game is reading as 1.52

It should also be noted that the last two updates were not released on GoG, but only on Steam. Which makes sense of course, but in this regard it might make also sense that the version number has not changed.

Yep, been watching judiciously. I'm keen to see how true this is "NVIDIA RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI) gives each neon sign, street lamp, car headlight, LED billboard, and TV accurate ray-traced lighting and shadows, bathing objects, walls, passing cars, and pedestrians in accurate colored lighting". From what I've seen and been informed, RTXDI doesn't force shadows that aren't being commanded by the game; Meaning the light has to be a shadow casting light already - DX12 RT comes in and offloads the data from the CPU to the GPU making it perform faster while also being traced more accurately. We'll see though...

Biggest hope is the GI goop and glowing eyes have been solved.

Show me what dat Overdrive do.

Geforce_Now updated little while ago. We might get a new update tomorrow. "Fingers crossed"

My theory on this...

1. I think the next update is going to be 1.61 instead of 1.7. It will introduce the new graphics stuff they showed off at the NVIDIA announcement. I also saw there are some mods that add in things like even more crowd density and stuff by unlocking things already in the game... so they are there, just not active. I imagine those are coming along with the RT/DLSS stuff.
  2. After that we'll get 1.7 relatively close to the expansion release.
  3. I think the expansion release will be sometime in H1 of next year.

My theory on this...

1. I think the next update is going to be 1.61 instead of 1.7. It will introduce the new graphics stuff they showed off at the NVIDIA announcement. I also saw there are some mods that add in things like even more crowd density and stuff by unlocking things already in the game... so they are there, just not active. I imagine those are coming along with the RT/DLSS stuff.
  2. After that we'll get 1.7 relatively close to the expansion release.
  3. I think the expansion release will be sometime in H1 of next year.

Why would they tell us about those 1.7 features in the 1.6 Night City Wire if it wasn't coming "soon" meaning this year? As they have said, they're marketing campaigns are going to be shorter. From a marketing standpoint calling the final patch 2.0 sounds better then 1.7.

Why would they tell us about those 1.7 features in the 1.6 Night City Wire if it wasn't coming "soon" meaning this year? As they have said, they're marketing campaigns are going to be shorter. From a marketing standpoint calling the final patch 2.0 sounds better then 1.7.

Did they say it was coming soon though? If they did, then I missed it.

I thought he almost specifically said that it will be coming eventually - as in the way he phrased it he tried to temper people's expectations for when we'd be getting it.

I could be wrong, but if I remember, in the stream, they simply said that "they couldn't wait to show us what they're working on"
(i.e police system and melee combat).
But no date, nothing. All that we know, it's they're working on... :)

Did they say it was coming soon though? If they did, then I missed it.

I thought he almost specifically said that it will be coming eventually - as in the way he phrased it he tried to temper people's expectations for when we'd be getting it.

I don't think so, but I'd be surprised if we don't get one more major patch this year. Though I realize there's only two months left, and Pawel Sasko has said they wanted their marketing campaigns to be shorter. I don't know if that includes major patches as marketing.

Did he say those features were 1.7 specific? I don't remember that, though CDPR haven't gone out of their way to correct this assumption as they did with the rumored NCART implementation.

It's odd they would even mention doing such stuff several months, possibly a year, ahead of time so another considerable update may be coming sooner than we're used to. I will temper expectations my though. Seems they got butthurt when new players commented on how much more fun the anime looks compared to the open-world though. "But they said they're in the final stages of production. How can you say it may still be a year away!?!?" They said that about 2077, too. Don't expect too much too soon.

Last edited:
Did he say those features were 1.7 specific? I don't remember that, though CDPR haven't gone out of their way to correct this assumption as they did with the rumored NCART implementation.

It's odd they would even mention doing such stuff several months, possibly a year, ahead of time so another considerable update may be coming sooner than we're used to. I will temper expectations my though. Seems they got butthurt when new players commented on how much more fun the anime looks compared to the open-world though. "But they said they're in the final stages of production. How can you say it may still be a year away!?!?" They said that about 2077, too. Don't expect too much too soon.

Technically no, they did not say they were for 1.7. Just stuff they're working on. However, I doubt they nickle and dime the features via minor patches or whatever. They'll want them as one major patch. There is a difference between a full game and expansion however.

Technically no, they did not say they were for 1.7. Just stuff they're working on. However, I doubt they nickle and dime the features via minor patches or whatever. They'll want them as one major patch. There is a difference between a full game and expansion however.
Maybe. It's not about nickel and dime but the time, ability, and manpower. They have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-50 devs working on patches according to the chart from earlier this year, if that many are still on patches now.

Unless there is a continuously updated fork dedicated to overhauling the AI and physics(Surely the case as both need to be in a considerably better state for Policing and V2V Combat to work properly)they haven't touched it since 1.5. Those are features that will need plenty of testing throughout integration. If they haven't been doing this... It's not something that can be whipped up in a month or two. They could start releasing major patches in a shorter order, sure... but I don't see that happening when the gap from 1.6-1.5 was larger than 1.4-1.5 and the changes in 1.6 were far less significant.

Maybe. It's not about nickel and dime but the time, ability, and manpower. They have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-50 devs working on patches according to the chart from earlier this year, if that many are still on patches now.

Unless there is a continuously updated fork dedicated to overhauling the AI and physics(Surely the case as both need to be in a considerably better state for Policing and V2V Combat to work properly)they haven't touched it since 1.5. Those are features that will need plenty of testing throughout integration. If they haven't been doing this... It's not something that can be whipped up in a month or two. They could start releasing major patches in a shorter order, sure... but I don't see that happening when the gap from 1.6-1.5 was larger than 1.4-1.5 and the changes in 1.6 were far less significant.

Well, I don't know for certain, but I like to believe they have been working on those features the whole year + or however long it is. It's not like when 1.6 released they started working on those features.

Well, I don't know for certain, but I like to believe they have been working on those features the whole year + or however long it is. It's not like when 1.6 released they started working on those features.
Same here. I don't think they suddenly decided to do this stuff... That would be foolish. Just keep your expectations low is my point. I'm guessing the "monster" DLC listed in the datamine from early 2021 is what these features entail because they've released everything else in that stack from what I can tell. If that's the case then they've been working on this for some time.

They've announced it after practicing a year's worth of being zip-lipped until shortly before show time, so perhaps it means great progress has been made. However; Day one did happen. Remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom