New Story DLC

+
Instead of just DLC, how about regular events that take place in Night City ? Such as new quests to do, perhaps even an invasion or something. It can be made available only to those who have completed the main storyline.

I've been wondering something. IF they make a full-blown story DLC for Cyberpunk 2077, they can't actually make a DLC for every single ending, right? They gotta choose one of the endings as canon. If so, I truly think and HOPE that the Panam ending is the canon one. Even so, the ending differs depending on whether V is a male or female, and likewise, became romantically involved with Panam or simply a platonic relationship, or (female V only) Judy accompanied the Aldecados, too.

If they do plan on making a story DLC in the future, I sure hope they don't rush it. They gotta take every aspect of the endings into account. And even if it takes a long time, I'd rather wait for a DLC that is affected by the player's choices, as I mentioned above about their relationship with Panam, gender, etc. etc.

Besides, the Panam ending is literally, like, the only ending in which the DLC is compatible. The other endings have nothing interesting to offer. Johnny leaves with V's body, and lives his life alone away from NC. The Arasaka ending is pretty much a closing chapter for V's story, the Suicide ending, well... it's self-explanatory. Like I said, the Panam ending where they leave for Arizona is the only one with potential DLC content. Sure, it'll need a whole lotta creation to make a map for Arizona and possibly a whole town, but I wouldn't mind a smaller town, either.

In my playthroughs, I always ended up with the Panam ending, as well as being romantically involved with her, because it's the most hopeful ending. And it's also a essential character development for not only V, but Panam, too. Even if most of her appearances were side-quests, she's the only character besides V who gained the most development within the story. She was broken and alone when V first meets her, and by the end, she regains her family, a new friend/lover, and a newfound outlook in life.

So, if CD Projekt is sure about the DLC, this ending is the one that should be canon. Plus, Panam is best girl, let's face it!
Like others, I think they'll probably go with a new character to give us a sense of something new without having to deal with messing up story arcs.
But if they do continue with V, somehow, then there's opportunity in the badlands. But I'm not done with my playthrough so I can't tell if they crossed off the badlands completely.

The one thing that makes me think that a sequel would pick one ending to be canon (and probably not involve V) is that the state of the world has some major changes depending on what V does.

Especially considering Arasaka - the differences between the Star and the Devil endings are incredibly significant, and I don't know that it'd be easy to reconcile them.

The one thing that makes me think that a sequel would pick one ending to be canon (and probably not involve V) is that the state of the world has some major changes depending on what V does.

Especially considering Arasaka - the differences between the Star and the Devil endings are incredibly significant, and I don't know that it'd be easy to reconcile them.
You'd be surprised what you can reconcile with. Look at any video game with multiple endings, if it is decided to make a sequel ONE of those endings has to get canonised, its the only way to move forward.

Take for example Mass Effect 3 endings, all three of them radically different from each other and yet, after a decade Bioware with a "little push" for a passionate community, decided that the RED(destroy) ending is canon, not only that, but apparently Shepard survived (if you believe the leaks out of Bioware).

Or how about if CDPR had decided that they wanted to make a Witcher sequel that involved both Geralt and Ciri, they'd have to pick ONE of the multiple endings you get, instead they decided to give Geralt the best sendoff you could give a character, probably so the community wouldn't feel a sense of unfinished business or of a lack of closure.

The question then becomes: what are the criteria with which a writer chooses a canon ending? Who knows, I'd wager its a combinaion of relevance, world state(probably the world state which offers the most in terms of future conflict), community feedback and cost of production. Like for exampe, you wouldn't pick the GREEN ending for a Mass Effect sequel because the world state would be one of galactic utopia, there would be nothing to do, no conflict, no nothing... which is probably why they chose the RED ending as canon.

There WILL be a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077, it would be financially irresponsible of them not to make more games. And one of the endings WILL become canon, the only question is: will V be alive in this sequel. Obviously I hope yes, every good protagonist should be given a trilogy, in my less than humble opinion.

If they do it, that remains to be seen.

How about instead of just DLC, they can add regular events just like in other games.
At that point they might aswell just turn it into an MMORPG or something more akin to SWTOR, more single player with multiplayer elements.

For the DLC I think the way they should keep an option like the witcher 3 where save files were imported or dialogue choices of the outcomes taken would shape the story.
BTW any chance of Gaunter o dimm showing up in the dlc?if he does then there can be a chance for V :p

Top Bottom