New Story DLC

+
I'm really not sure anymore - a year ago I'd have said, oh, V & the Aldecaldos in Tucson, definitely! But after a few playthroughs it's clear V's story has a fairly defined end. If anything I'd probably just like a little less ambiguity, which could be implemented using cut dialogue without resorting to a full story expansion. There's so many interesting breadcrumbs regarding Night Corp, the Peralezes, rogue AIs that it'd be shame to ignore them.
Fair enough. I would just appreciate expanding on the world itself and how V interacts with it. Gang relationships, side jobs, perhaps tie some of them or even the existing ones a bit more deeply into the main story. New characters, etc. I don't want post-ending DLC honestly as I think V's story is done and should be left alone. Perhaps in the next game we'll get to really be our own character now that they have, kind of, a retrofitted engine and a world to add new entries into.

The only argument for post main story DLC might be that Pawel Sasko agreed that doing side jobs while dying concept was not done right so if DLC would put 20% more content of side jobs, it would even strenghten that feeling. But it might be just an opinion of some devs.

Another thing would be DLC with some kind of side content which also opens one more possible ending at Hanako.

The only argument for post main story DLC might be that Pawel Sasko agreed that doing side jobs while dying concept was not done right so if DLC would put 20% more content of side jobs, it would even strenghten that feeling. But it might be just an opinion of some devs.

Another thing would be DLC with some kind of side content which also opens one more possible ending at Hanako.
They have avenues to alleviate the "ludonarrative dissonance" the game suffers from. I hope they chose one.

I don't think adding more story content or side jobs in this already known "sense of haste" situation would do any more harm. The game is designed that way, you just hang your desbelief and play. There was a similar problem with Skyrim, Fallout 4, Mass Effect to some extent and probably couple more titles - common problem with open world games that also tell a story. Doesn't break the fun for me really.

There will not be a canon ending as CDPR would have to definitively state whether or not V is M or F and pick one of the outcomes. I reckon any CP2077 sequel will involve completely different characters and could be set before or well after the events of this game.

You know there are a lot of legends being said right now on Cyberpunk for this month of February, a few little snippets, 2 new gangs, hairdressers, development of pacifica, especially with these new gangs, a garage coupled with the update updated next gen console, but also more interactions with the romance characters... Anyway... it would be nice to clear up all these rumors.

All wishes and dreams aside.
Possibly likely it will be something you can play post-one more gig, so independently of any chosen ending whatsoever and not too intrusive to where you are now in game. Probably it's unlikely it'll require to start it all over, or complete the game.
:shrug:

I really hope the story DLC is post ending. I am loving the game, playing it for the first time on PS5 but the endings have mainly already been spoiled. As someone who likes to RP i feel I am kind of rushing through it as the main quest is forcing me to do that and in the end I know its mainly for nothing as the game just ends. I want to actually experience living in NIght City, I want my character to have a life there and not be forced to rush to an ending because thats what my charcter would do. What even is the point of buying new apartments and cars if you think you only have a few weeks to...well, you know? Two big post ending story DLC's where I can take my time and really live and take my time in the world and this game will probably become one of my all time favorites. Being able to be able to start a new toon and rush through the main quest knowing when you finish you can take your time exploring everything else and doing more story would be awesome whereas cramming more story in before act 3 will just ruin the narrative even more.

I don't know why people get so obsessed with how you're going to die if it's just a narrative device... Most people complete the campaign in two or three days and that's why it's there. Then you have the secondary content for the people which spend more time in the game and want 100%.
Of all the problems in the game, you notice that Viktor tells you that you have a few weeks to live, which, as far as we can tell, even when in real life a doctor tells you that it could be months or years... I dont get it.

I don't know why people get so obsessed with how you're going to die if it's just a narrative device... Most people complete the campaign in two or three days and that's why it's there. Then you have the secondary content for the people which spend more time in the game and want 100%.
Of all the problems in the game, you notice that Viktor tells you that you have a few weeks to live, which, as far as we can tell, even when in real life a doctor tells you that it could be months or years... I dont get it.
I think its because its basically in every ending, just in different ways. In a big open world game that seems designed for roleplaying players dont always want the same conclusion for every ending. It would be nice for one or more of the endings to be open ended leading for different playthroughs where characters can focus more on simply building a life in night city and not neccesarily having to be locked into a main quest that forces you to rush through the narrative and perhaps even be able to focus more on post ending story DLC.

It would be very disappointing, while intriguing, if they pull a proper Kojima and have you spend the 4 or 5 hours of DLC as Keanu.

Given the ending for V possessed by Johnny Silverhand has them as possessing V's voice, they don't need Keanu to be Johnny Silverhand.

Edit:

Were I writing it, I'd do it this way:

"You wake up in a laboratory and are interrogated by someone. Your answers determine which ending you took. If you let Johnny take over your body, you have rebooted and replaced him somehow."

I've been wondering something. IF they make a full-blown story DLC for Cyberpunk 2077, they can't actually make a DLC for every single ending, right?
They can. They could provide a 'what if...' sort of branching where they explore each ending to its "satisfactory" conclusion.
However its fair (and saidly so) to assume this will never happen so if they do bring story DLC, they'll probably choose 1 or 2 story endings as main continuity.
Those where V survives to find a cure for herself seem the most logical as it seems most want to continue V's story.
They gotta choose one of the endings as canon. If so, I truly think and HOPE that the Panam ending is the canon one.
Personally, I would also very much like this, it seem to provide the 'best' basis for new and unexplored territory (litterally)
At the same time that can also mean it wont be dlc, but potentially a sequel.
Even so, the ending differs depending on whether V is a male or female, and likewise, became romantically involved with Panam or simply a platonic relationship, or (female V only) Judy accompanied the Aldecados, too.

If they do plan on making a story DLC in the future, I sure hope they don't rush it. They gotta take every aspect of the endings into account. And even if it takes a long time, I'd rather wait for a DLC that is affected by the player's choices, as I mentioned above about their relationship with Panam, gender, etc. etc
Again, I hope to continue my V in this regard, and yes they SHOULD NOT RUSH! :)
But I definately would not be opposed to explore other endings as well.
Also keep in mind, life paths could also be further explored and I sure as hell would be interesting where a former Arasaka-Corpo V would go.

As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think expansions will be set post-campaign. All endings seem fairly final, with only the Star being ambiguously hopeful, and as popular as that ending is, deciding on what is and isn't canon will alienate a lot of people.

I'd be surprised if a canon outcome hasn't been decided though, a ruined / empowered Arasaka is pretty significant. Anything's possible though I guess, but the difference in world states between Sun & Star might be too big to work around.
To tie it all together, I guess;
Sun, V survives the 'final' gig. Finds solution to chip problem in Night City.
Star, V gets word someone in Night City could help them, and returns.
Devil, Arasaka solves your chip problem, but then suffers a disaster of some kind to bring its fate back into line with the other endings. Also leaves V back doing merc work
Temperance, Jonny is drawn back to Night City and you play the expansion as Jonny.
Suicide, Arasaka could suffer the same disaster a suggested for the Devil.

It would enable an expansion to continue from the end of the game, for all but the suicide ending, and resolve the state of Arasaka in canon following the events of the game.

After all my pontification, though, I suspect the expansion will be set before the end of the game.

Don't care so much about canon or story DLC. At least not anytime soon. Before that, I'd love a netrunner DLC though :D

I wouldn't be opposed to a post-ending story expansion/DLC, as long as it takes all of the endings into account and doesn't detract from the weight of your decisions. However, I do think it's more likely we'll see expansion/DLC content that is playable before the ending.

I wouldn't mind a post game DLC with Panam, but that is because that is the ending I got and it would be unfair to everyone else who didn't get that ending. A DLC that is completely different depending on your ending would be amazing but highly unlikely given the sheer amount of time and effort required.

With this in mind, I think any content involving V should come before the end of the prologue, before Johnny's engram starts taking over V's mind. Cyberpunk 2077 already has a problem where the main storyline presents you with a problem you're supposed to solve urgently and throwing off the sense of pace and makes V's non main storyline adventures seem nonsensical. The Witcher 3 had a similar problem as well, but at least Blood and Wine is set up to come after the main game story.

Top Bottom