Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED

New system update available: gamescom version 2.18

> System update available
> Update: Y/N
> Updating, please wait…
> System update successful!

Welcome to gamescom v. 2.18!

Next update scheduled for Tuesday, August 21st.

Anyone notice any new Beeps or other oddities? I haven't seen anything concrete, and the things I've noticed are probably just pareidolia winning the day.

In case anyone else is looking here are my crumbs that are probably meaningless and may not even be new:
- On the 2.18 Update News Page right above the article is an empty black box, similar to a vertical version of the Beep on the landing page, but does not have content in it (yet), l-single-news__image-effect --right::before, right now it has an empty string added via css, but maybe something will pop up when the next update succeeds?
- This one I'm almost sure I'm just imagining things, but on the landing/home page right under the trailer, the journalist quotes, in between transitions do they seem to say words that don't match the first or second quote? I can't isolate it bc I can't time a screen shot well (my computer is locked into overriding screen shots with a 3rd party utility that has a bit of a delay), and I'm not seeing anything in either the html or the initQuotes javascript function.
EDIT: from what screen grabs I have been able to get I'm mostly certain this point is nothing, it looks like I'm just seeing things that don't exist in the distortion.

Last edited:
Game Play . PLS CDPR

I doubt there will be public gameplay, from the available information. But a new trailer/teaser/screenshots could possibly be released. Also, there is an Nvidia event today where maybe some upcoming games that use their ray-tracing technology would be demonstrated, but the CDPR tweet is about an update tomorrow, so it looks like there will be no CP2077 demo shown by Nvidia either.

I'm really hoping for some high-level details (I don't need specifics as I fully understand many will still be in development) concerning character development and actual gameplay.

It's nice that it looks pretty, doesn't have loading screens, and is an "RPG First", but I want some meat and potatoes not just appetizers.

I'll be beyond happy if all that is shown in another rendition of the E3 trailer, or even the original trailer for that matter. I am just excited there will be concrete information provided from CDPR instead of random YouTube channels speculating.
We're hoping for the best <3

I hope for 3 person perspective news as semi supported option
I believe they have already stated in an interview or something of the sort, that there will be no supporting TPP gameplay. They have confirmed there will be moments during the game where you will be able to see yourself in 3 person (Inventory and potentially cut-scenes) but it will not be incorporated into gameplay.

They give as option to driving in third person why not walking? I dont care immersion or semless exp and i can deal with going 1 person while entering fight or conversation... If its true they have charakter model and animations work behind and game is in prealpha state i dont see a reason why not add this feature as option. ... If cprd care so much for immersion they should stick to first person in all cases but they know driving sucks in 1 person. The same goes to exploring for others

Last edited:
They give as option to driving in third person why not walking? I dont care immersion or semless exp and i can deal with going 1 person while entering fight or conversation... If its true they have charakter model and animations work behind and game is in prealpha state i dont see a reason why not add this feature as option. ... If cprd care so much for immersion they should stick to first person in all cases but they know driving sucks in 1 person. The same goes to exploring for others
Oh yeah driving! I am pretty positive I recalled them once saying driving will be TPP or FPP, but I'm not 100% certain. But even though people were really hoping for TPP like Witcher, I feel there reasoning for this will be because of what type of world it is. As in, the world they are building, they said is very vertical, which I assume will incorporate a lot of indoor activities opposed to purely outside like what we're used to with TW3. I think everyone just needs to have faith in their decisions and wait for the final product.

Where do I watch coverage tho? or will it all be through social media and the cyberpunk website?

Top Bottom