33. Interpretative dance
  34. High tea
  35. Microphone assassin
  36. Argonian
  37. Eff 69 this is stupid
  38. Who in the fuck thought up this shit
  39. I was drunk when I thought up that shit
  40. Meh
I think adding more tags will simplify and enhanced the users experience. Thank you.

Mnorojo;n9307461 said:
They already got plenty of their cards. They are called golds

ResoundingBuahaha;n9307611 said:
I would be more than happy to tag those cards doomed

i thought it was obvious that the intent was to improve the viability of queensgard and cards made for resurrection, such as skirmishers and skjall

RickMelethron;n9309871 said:
improve the viability of Queensgard

Well, that's an understatement. If the Queensguard become untargetable in the graveyard, then nothing can stop them. Everyone, their dog and their goldfish would run QG + every strengthening card they can find. As it stands now, QG can already become a threat bigger than players can handle. Still, every tactic has an Achilles' Heel, as it should be.

RickMelethron;n9309871 said:
i thought it was obvious that the intent was to improve the viability of queensgard and cards made for resurrection, such as skirmishers and skjall

While I do hate queensguard, ships & bears annoys me even more. Skirmisher or skajall (really?) is rather irrelevant here since they are insignificant compared to QG or ship power swing. If units are well buried don't even bother coming back.

Edit:I thought your post was making them unable to be resurrected by opponent? have you edited it or I'm misreading? Making them untargetable is simply out of question, only doomed units can't be target after dead.

Last edited:
idomyownstunts;n9309171 said:
They really need more tags. Suggestions:
  1. Voyeur
  2. Gluten-free
  3. Diabetic
  4. Crestfallen
  5. Shallow-grave
  6. Narcoleptic
  7. Effeminate
  8. Bloated
  9. Flatulent
  10. Necrophile
  11. Kleptomaniac
  12. Whinger
  13. Chicken-legged
  14. Stuntman
  15. Sexist
  16. Misogynist
  17. Bad-at-Maths
  18. Poor with hygiene
  19. Pervert
  20. DOOOMED...but not really
  21. OP af
  22. WAI...we think
  23. Exploitable
  24. Taciturn
  25. Fiddler
  26. Mass Debater
  27. Is anyone still reading this stupid list
  28. Flavour of the month
  29. Hated card of the month
  30. Philanderer
  31. Deadite
  32. Can I make it to 69
  33. Interpretative dance
  34. High tea
  35. Microphone assassin
  36. Argonian
  37. Eff 69 this is stupid
  38. Who in the fuck thought up this shit
  39. I was drunk when I thought up that shit
  40. Meh
I think adding more tags will simplify and enhanced the users experience. Thank you.

Number 21 was the best.
Great list!

4RM3D;n9310011 said:
Still, every tactic has an Achilles' Heel, as it should be.

so... you think it's good game design that a whole archetype can be instantly defeated by a couple of bronze cards? (vicovaro medics)

RickMelethron;n9311501 said:
so... you think it's good game design that a whole archetype can be instantly defeated by a couple of bronze cards? (vicovaro medics)

First off all, that's not a valid counter-argument against OP. Because I can deflect the question back at you: you think it's a good idea idea to make Queensguard untouchable?

But for the sake of argument, let me answer your question. Almost every combo deck can be shut down by a couple of bronze, Queensguard is no exception. You cannot protect your deck from everything, the same way you cannot make a deck that counters everything. Yes, you are weak against grave robbers, but pretty strong against everything else. Also, it's always a good idea to have a backup plan.

There is this inherent rock-paper-scissors meta going on. I like RPS when it's executed well because it creates variety. Of course, opinions may vary. In the end, you can never create a perfect balance, nor should you aim for that. Thus you will always have some form of RPS.

To sum things up: Making Queensguard 'well-buried' is way too strong and the issue you have that a few bronze can destroy an archetype can be applied to the whole of Gwent (not just QG).

I don't think giving them the Well Buried tag would be that bad. In exchange their power should be decreased of course. Thus they would gain consistency for power, which I think is a good thing.
Else there will always be the case that some factions are better and others are worse against QG, leading to a too strong RPS, which will even get stronger the more cards are added to that Skellige archetype.

I don't think the solution is to make them immune, but rather to give them ways to turn the table around.

There is a axemen QG duo deck that also contain the gold that let's you move a unit from opponent's graveyard. Also there is the new neutral silver mage (coming soon in your local card store) that would help.

​​​

I don't mind well-buried if it means both sides can't touch them. But making it so that only one side can touch them makes it massively OP for things like QG. Have a gravedigger card and allow it to target special cards as well.

Doomed is a feature of the card itself. I'm talking about having a feature that allows you to doom existing cards. I know there are ways to banish them, but not many. And not something that specifically does little to the cards on the table but affects them after the round is over.

Top Bottom