New The Witcher Worldmap!

+
Haha, thank you so much for bumping this thread! :D
I didn't forget the map of course, quite the contrary. There is just a huge amount of work to be done with a world of this size and since so many people were craving for a bigger size to zoom into, I've been doing just that in the last few weeks and months, as much time as I can spend on it. And constantly being harrassed by someone from the Ortelius-Team (I just know the map is by Torpeda and I have no idea who else might object to my map) is a pretty good motivation! So despite my previous To-Do-List there won't be a polish map anytime soon, I'll prefer finishing the english and german ones first.

To give you another small glimpse, here is the final size of the map. 10.000px in height, so there is plenty of room to zoom in to with lots of details, literally, by the roadside. You can see that I actually tried incorporating the maps from The Witcher 1, that goes for Flotsam, Vergen, La Valette and Loc Muinne as well. Just for comparison to Vizima I added the capital city of Nilfgaard to show you what really large cities look like - Tretogor and Novigrad come to mind.

If you are currently reading the books and stumble over a tavern, village or anything small, be sure to tell me. I have a huge list of things I still have to add, but maybe I overlooked something which is still large enough to be shown on the map.

I still ask for you patience though; it will take a little longer until it's finished - but I'll keep you updated on the progress with more previews and I guess I'll manage to share it with you a few months before The Witcher 3 is released. Thank you for your interest!

Hi, your map is really awesome! I like it :)

I'm also going to create my own Witcherland map, based on old Czech map created by Stanislav Komarek. Andrzej Sapkowski's using VERY modified version of Komarek's map, so I decided to create new map, based on Komarek's, Ortelius, CDP Red and yours :)

But my map will never be that amazing as yours ;)

Hi, do you perhaps have any news about your awesome map project? I am really interesting in it and been following this topic for a few months already just to see that there isn't any update here.

I'm actually working on an interactive version of the Western Front/Gallipoli for a historical website. If that project goes as planned and works out really well, I'd be happy to take up layering your map in the near future for fun :) This is a super awesome project *~*

Everyone is saying how awesome the maps are and I am just sitting here because i cannot the see the images...
View attachment 10905

I hope you enjoy it!
Since the map seems to be a little too big for the forum, here is the link. (2,4MB)
deviantART: http://ironsteffl.deviantart.com/#/d5igvir
Imageshack: http://imageshack.us/a/img513/8391/witchermapenld.jpg

just follow the link. This thread was made before the forum update, so i guess the hyperlinks stopped working after it.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates, there have been some turbulences IRL so I didn't have as much time to work on the map as I hoped for. But soon I'll have my PC ready again, and Witcher 3 is upon us, so I can add the new geographical features - yes, there will be that much detail. :D

Since I have no access to my files atm, but hate posting in this thread without anything to show, I'll add the most recent version of the worldmap with changes in forest detail, location of Stygga etc. Unfortunately the german version was the only one I had uploaded, but that's the old version of the map anyway. I'll post the english version asap.

I hope I'll be able to show the new version, at least the Northern Kingdom portion of the map, before the release of Wild Hunt to get you in the right exploring-mood. The sense of scale might suffer a little, but mmmmmh, the detailiciousness! Feel free to compare the scales of thr two maps and draw your own conclusions! :D

Top Bottom