New to Computers... How complex is it...?

+
Hello... 0 experience in modkits. Minor experience in modifying Dwarf Fortress file values.

How complex is it to modify audio? What format is required?

I am looking to modify certain sound files with a possibly of expanding to include dialogue.

The audio work may expand toward other areas.

As for sound, I think you may have chosen one of the least-moddable parts. From what I know from TW3, audio is so baked into the game that modding it is...not inviting.

As for sound, I think you may have chosen one of the least-moddable parts. From what I know from TW3, audio is so baked into the game that modding it is...not inviting.
Are you saying the initial dev provided modkit does not yet support this feature?

Are you saying the initial dev provided modkit does not yet support this feature?
No idea for certain -- I've not ever done modding for REDengine. What I do remember reading a lot of during TW3 is that modders trying to alter anything with sound or music were having quite a time of it. No idea about the details, though. Hopefully someone here will be able to provide more insight.

There is no dev provided modkit. All tools are community made.

Audio in cyberpunk is in WEM format with ogg vorbis frames inside them. This is a Wwise thing. You will need to convert your WAV to WEM. The radios I think are Opus.

Audio files are named like 734880726.ogg and you need a batch utility to convert them into something human readable. You can get all the tools and documentation pinned in the audio-modding channel of the Cyberpunk 2077 modding discord server.

Game audio and mixing is a very different paradigm to traditional audio production. I have over a decade of experience with writing and mixing songs but I found that very little of that experience was useful in game audio except for creating the sound asset. Making it work in the game is just a really different thing.

I am sure this can be easily done with a dev provided mod kit. I am sure someone in the community would have been able to figure this out by now.

It is like even applying an automated overdub program as a patch would be effective enough.

So... would it be easier to develop a program to react to sound/visual input?

Is there not a program like this already?

Top Bottom