New to the forums. Question about 2077 release date.

+
I'm really sorry about this but I can't seem to find anywhere to ask any questions about what I noticed with the online retailers having different release dates. It seems that steam claims you can play on April 15th 2020 and GOG (the online retailer dedicated to giving CDProject Red all their money) is claiming April 16th. Has anyone else noticed this?

If this post was made when there is another thread on the forums dedicated to this topic it would be cool if I could be pointed towards it.

I've seen that before as well for other games. Honestly, I think that it doesn't matter much, since it's only a day. However, it also depends on what time the game unlocks for download. For example, if the game unlocks at 1:00 AM ET, then players on the western coast of NA (Pacific time) would be able to download the game at 10 PM because PT is -3 hours from ET. As a result, PT players can technically download the game on the 15th of April because the game gets unlocked for everyone around the world at the same time.

It definitely has to do with what time zone you are in when the game gets released.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also suspect it's a time zone thing. Steam (Valve) is in the US whereas GOG is in Poland.

(Moving to Cyberpunk forum.)

It seems that steam claims you can play on April 15th 2020 and GOG (the online retailer dedicated to giving CDProject Red all their money) is claiming April 16th. Has anyone else noticed this?
Definitely a timezone thing. IIRC the Witcher 3, it's expansions and Thronebreaker all released at midnight GMT. So I would expect them to do the same with Cyberpunk. That means:

Tokyo: 8:00 am April 16
Moscow: 2:00 am April 16
Warsaw: 1:00 am April 16
London: 12:00 am April 16
New York: 7:00 pm April 15
Los Angeles: 4:00 pm April 15

Thank you Draconifurs for moving my thread to somewhere I could not post because I was so new!

So from what I can infer to those out there that are not used to the Gog releases in this manner. Basically the game will be available in all regions from all the online retailers its just that GOG goes off Poland region.

Thank you guys so much you have been most helpful.

I definitely want to order from GOG. I'm kind of new to pc gaming and would like to give all I can to the devs. They truly are making a masterpiece here.

Definitely a timezone thing. IIRC the Witcher 3, it's expansions and Thronebreaker all released at midnight GMT. So I would expect them to do the same with Cyberpunk. That means:

Tokyo: 8:00 am April 16
Moscow: 2:00 am April 16
Warsaw: 1:00 am April 16
London: 12:00 am April 16
New York: 7:00 pm April 15
Los Angeles: 4:00 pm April 15
Thanks for this, Rawls! That's good news for me, that means I'll be playing a day early, assuming they stick to that schedule. I love universal releases.

Top Bottom