New to Witcher 2: Question regarding riposte in tutorial

+
New to Witcher 2: Question regarding riposte in tutorial

I'm in an arena where I'm supposed to fight someone (Emerson?) to learn the riposte skill. The instructions say I attack when a special icon appears above his head. Whether it happens during blocking or after blocking I'm not sure because nothing I do seems to make this icon appear. I hold down block just like the instructions say but nothing happens. I just block him and he comes back and does the same thing again. Is this a bug in the game or am I missing something?

Also, is there a search function for this forum?

There should be a little sword icon appear in the middle of the screen replacing the targeting icon for a second before an enemy attacks, that's when you left click to perform the riposte (while keeping your block up). The timing can be somewhat tricky so persevere.

The sequence is quite tricky to master at first, but it's
- Press the block key (usually "E") before the enemy starts to attack, and hold it down.
- When the enemy starts his attack, you should see the riposte icon. As Blothulfur said, it's on his body, not above his head.
- While the icon is showing, attack (usually LMB).
- Then release the "E" key.

There have been some other reports about the icon not appearing during the tutorial, but if you follow this technique, it should work anyway, and it will at least get you past this point in the tutorial. The icon definitely always appears in the game itself.

Thank you everyone. Easy mode recommended for me, haha. Anyway, I found the riposte and the search bar with your help.

Top Bottom