New Update Caps Creativity Who Agrees?

+
New Update Caps Creativity Who Agrees?

Played Gwent for 13 hours after that new update just to confirm the change in gameplay and that my opinion is not Bias after this bogus update, I can honestly say it has really ruined the games creativity. Placing caps on Commander horns and a large selection of special cards has really fixed the outcomes of every game. You can go in to a game and pretty much predict whats going to happen after one round, there is no competition anymore you either get destroyed or you dominate, no card has any form of value now, everyone's using the same strategies and you know exactly what they're going to do after round one and if your deck is equipped to deal with it you've pretty much lost already. I've had so many close games before this update and I felt things so balanced now I'm online and everyone I play is level 7 or 8 in ranked Level and they suck terribly or at least I feel that way, I don't know what they've done after that update. Can anyone else confirm they feel this way as well???

I don't know that it stunts creativity, but I do dislike the way it seems like 3 turns in the first round are spent locking and unlocking cards. The Demetrium Shackles change is really an annoyance. But, some decks are more fun (Henselt and Harald), while others aren't as much fun as they used to be.

Didn't see much creativity before the patch. 50% of the matches i played were against SK discard (who usually owned me) and about 30% monsters (both weather and consume whom i usually owned).
The only thing that changed is that now you see a lot of NR Henselt and more Scoiatel.

I've heard this from a few people but I really don't get it. All I ever saw pre-patch was SK discard, consume, and dorfs. Every once in awhile you'd see a rat tosser or a radovid but there was 0 variety in decks. Now at least there's competitive decks for each faction, and multiple variations of each at that.

I disagree, I can see that with every update the diversity and "creativity" actually increase as more decks become playable and viable

especially on this update the amount of variable decks is huge in higher ranks, although that may be just the typical lack of stability in meta as it happens after every update

regardless, winning the game by using commanders horn has nothing to do with what you call creativity

I disagree for a simple reason: I see more builds mate i see more scoiatael winning games ! Not retarded dwarfe scoiatael i mean all variants. I see less diskard skellige and thats a huge progress. I see less radovids mate.
But i guess afters some weeks ppl will check the top tier decks and the meta plays will go on.
By the way HENSELT is broken.

Absolutely agree (although yeah, holding Commander's Horn isn't creativity). Noone seems to be trying much new with this update, maybe machine decks but otherwise there doesn't seem to be huge variety. Making everything work exactly the same has killed so many cards and decks (my lubberkin spam deck was so fun to play, and now it's useless with the change to that card). People seem to be playing Northern Realms again at least, but even that gets really predictable.

Granted, before the patch the decks were the same pretty much every game, so its good that's been shaken up a bit, but not to the extent that other patches seem to. I dunno, maybe newer strategies will become apparent, but it really doesn't feel like much has changed between patches.

Top Bottom