New Video: Dev Diary #1 – The most complex and nonlinear story ever told on Xbox 360

+
New Video: Dev Diary #1 – The most complex and nonlinear story ever told on Xbox 360

One week later we present to you the newest entry in our Dev Diary series. This time it’s all about the story of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition. Hear some of our writers and quest designers talk about delivering the most complex and nonlinear story ever told on Xbox 360, importance of in-game choices and even the smallest aspects that make The Witcher 2 a very unique and engaging RPG.

Video is available here.

I hope you guys spam these DDs and other trailers heavily on console websites & magazines. 2 months till release and if our fellow Xbots are supposed to buy the game by millions the marketing & hype campaign should make no compromise. It amazes me how many people are still saying something like "this game was completely out of my radar" when commenting Witcher materials on gaming sites for example.

If you choose Iorveth, you travel to Vergen, and this dwarven town is your chief location for Chapter 2. If you choose Roche, you won't play through the Vergen sub-plots and you won't meet the characters living there and you could only compensate by playing through the game again.
Haha, is it me or did this part sound a bit like "if you made the grave mistake of not siding with Iorveth and missed out on all the dwarven awesomeness his superior path leads to, you'll have to replay the game, fool!" :p

Thanks for the new video, I love watching dev diaries. :) You know what would be even more awesome? Voice-over session videos like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_mhON42HmE
I love these guys, and I'll never ever forget you, Tony Jay. ;_;

Tony Jay! ;__;

+1 for voice-over bloopers!

I hate myself for watching the diary, got that noble chick quest spoiled ;_;

I'm all for marketing the game, it needs to be done. But if it were me CDPR, I'd be a bit more sparing with the superlatives.

Anyone remember that? haha I Wonder if we will see similar video next month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUsPJWBF4u4&feature=related

IllusiveVorcha said:
Is that scene where a woman approaches Roche and Geralt and these two other men separate(3:15) something new?
Yup, new quest in Act 3. Her name is Brigida Paperbrock.

siklara said:
Haha, is it me or did this part sound a bit like "if you made the grave mistake of not siding with Iorveth and missed out on all the dwarven awesomeness his superior path leads to, you'll have to replay the game, fool!" :p

Yeah, that's totally what it sounded like :p

siklara said:
I love these guys, and I'll never ever forget you, Tony Jay. ;_;

Aww, you made me sad now :( I still can't believe he's gone (he was in a lot of the cartoons I used to watch when I was little, so there's a lot of nostalgia there too).

siklara said:
I hate myself for watching the diary, got that noble chick quest spoiled ;_;

Thankfully I wasn't paying close enough attention to the background cutscenes to realize what the spoiler is, so I'm just going to run away and not watch the video again XD

WardDragon said:
Thankfully I wasn't paying close enough attention to the background cutscenes to realize what the spoiler is, so I'm just going to run away and not watch the video again XD
It may not be a spoiler-spoiler, but they show the new girl and I didn't want to see anything related to the new quests before release. :/

siklara said:
Haha, is it me or did this part sound a bit like "if you made the grave mistake of not siding with Iorveth and missed out on all the dwarven awesomeness his superior path leads to, you'll have to replay the game, fool!"

And I think its totally misleading.

The location is better at iorveth path by far but best battle at chapter 2 (after the endless battle) is at sabrina exorsism.

You need to play both path to say that you have play TW2.

Odrin ...
here boy !
Odrin ...
where are you ?

Very nice commentary!

Telling a bit of the complexity of the woven story with all the branching paths one can take. Setting up the mood for the next developer diary. I want to know about the details about the "hidden content" that we were not given at your Xbox 360 announcement conference. The graphis are just beautiful and the story is great, but ACT 3 is a bit short, but it seems with the Enhanced Edition that it will become a bit longer. I thank you CDPR for making the Witcher 2 even better! CDPR is Top 3 on my BEST devs in the world. You ROCK!

Keep on giving like this and I will continue support your awesome games in the future. I will tell all my console comrades to pick this up 'cause they don't know what they have been missing!

gregski said:
I hope you guys spam these DDs and other trailers heavily on console websites & magazines. 2 months till release and if our fellow Xbots are supposed to buy the game by millions the marketing & hype campaign should make no compromise. It amazes me how many people are still saying something like "this game was completely out of my radar" when commenting Witcher materials on gaming sites for example.

I agree...

Console games sell alot based on advertisements and hype some of the largest selling console games have more advertisement costs then game dev costs.

Top Bottom