New video – Find out what happened in the first Witcher game

+
New video – Find out what happened in the first Witcher game

We have just released a new short animation, which summarizes events that preceded The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. The video can be found here (SPOILER ALERT! THE MOVIE CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ''THE WITCHER 1'').
The movie allows players that havent had the chance to play the first Witcher to know what happened in it. We would like to stress that this knowledge is not necessary to play the game.
''The story of The Witcher 2 begins just after the events of the first part. But you dont have to know the previous events, because the sequel has a completely new story and sends the protagonist, Geralt, east of Wyzima (the main location of the first game). There the witcher will meet some old friends: Triss Merigold, the poet Dandelion, the dwarf Zoltan Chivay. Those who played the first game will recall some of this cast. A few dialogs refer to the first game, but recognizing these references just gives a little more meaning. If The Witcher 2 is your first encounter with Geralt, you will smoothly enter the story. Those who know the first game will feel the continuity between the both parts.'' says Marcin Blacha, a story writer at CD Projekt RED.

Nice, but i actually would have prefered if the two games would be more interdependent. You even gave us a save import, which was almost useless. Look at Mass Effect. Combined the ME Trilogy is like the ultimate role playing experience.

What eyes? I didn't see any eyes. I didn't even see a face...

I kid, I agree about the eyes, it's a bit scary. She looks cooler at around 0:50 of the video.

I wonder how Triss would look in-game with non tied up hair (in TW2 of course).

I like the style of it, just as i like the flashback style in the game.

Other than that pic of Triss , though she looked better earlier in the vid. :)

Is this going to be in the game at all btw?

Aside from Triss looking a bit wonky, that video pleased me greatly. As someone mentioned in the other thread, the "information overload" criticism from OXM makes a bit more sense, if they are referring to this; there's simply way too much to take in, especially in under five minutes. Either way: awesome!

I hope someone makes a mod for "fixing" Triss's hair. God that is one of the only thing which is a turn off :(Or "alternate" appearances for "comrades" even better

Me excited like 6 year schoolgirl! Me love this movie!

Thanks CDP, and thanks Megatron for sharing

Concerning Triss:
Guyz please. It's just the artist personal vision\representation of her. I invite you to take a peek to the DamNation (link in my signature) and see how many different versions of Triss there are there.

An artist has the right to interpretate a character as he\she see it, don't you think? :)

Aver

Forum veteran
On beginning (around 0:50) of the video there is hot version of Triss ;).

secondchildren said:
Me excited like 6 year schoolgirl! Me love this movie!

Thanks CDP, and thanks Megatron for sharing

Concerning Triss:
Guyz please. It's just the artist personal vision\representation of her. I invite you to take a peek to the DamNation (link in my signature) and see how many different versions of Triss there are there.

An artist has the right to interpretate a character as he\she see it, don't you think? :)

Im glad you like it...

I agree that critizising this or that detail is nitpicking... You either like the overall style or dont... I stand my ground on what I previously said. For the gory and gruesome parts, this style works beautifully. For the romantic side of the tale (which TW1 had plenty, more than TW2 perhaps) it doesnt... I know it's just my worthless opinion. :p

But the over-exposition is pretty clear and beyond doubt, I think. They went to extense trouble to detail every turn of the plot, and crammed all in 4 minutes, when it wasnt necesary. They introduced inconsecuencial and minor characters such as "the professor"... They could ve used half that time in summarising the story and use some of the rest to create some "feel" or atmosphere of the game, or introduce characters which actually make sense to know about, like Dandelion and Zoltan, which we'll meet again in the second game...

I see the great craftmanship behind this, I do. I just dont see this as a great help for the new people that dont know shit about the witcher...

Ooh the unknown third assassin had a medallion, you've got to expand on uta in the third game, i'm getting more hot footed than a caterpillar in a frying pan just thinking about this.

@DonSwingKing
That's right. I really missed the first games' characters. And the consequences. I've imported the scoia'tael-friend ending, and I would have expected that Iorveth may mentions something like: ,,I'm very grateful what you have done for my people'' or else. But nothing. Don't misunderstand me, I love Witcher 2 but this is too bad.

JackintheGreen said:
I agree that critizising this or that detail is nitpicking... You either like the overall style or dont...

Ummm...wait, here it's nitpicking but the whole other thread (you know, THAT THREAD) about skin textures and missing armor parts is legitimate criticism :confused:

Because for a while I thought that Triss looks uglier in this movie due to those complaints and is an outcome of bringing "more variety and realism to female characters"

Top Bottom