New video – Find out what happened in the first Witcher game

+
Am I the only one not bothered about the few changes we get from the import, we see the consequences of most of our action in the first game, that's one of its strengths.

@Greg
We dont need large cleavage on female characters when the story or situation doesnt demand it... We could use more detailed and different faces for all female main characters (as the males have). That is a general criticism... The use of different examples throughout the game to ilustrate that is not nitpicking... You're OFF TOPIC by the way. :p

JackintheGreen said:
@Greg
We dont need large cleavage on female characters when the story or situation doesnt demand it... We could use more detailed and different faces for all female main characters (as the males have). That is a general criticism... The use of different examples throughout the game to ilustrate that is not nitpicking... You're OFF TOPIC by the way. :p

Oohh, my bad, and I thought that our good and generous CDPR once again...you know...listened to their fans...and gave Triss a "more detailed and different" face

Well, I dont like that style in the first place, so Im not gonna defend it... :p Just saying that the general "ugliness" of characters and environments is consistent throughout that cutscene, as it's part of the artstyle...

The trailer was ok considering the near impossible task it was meant to do.
But had TW1 been as simple, it would have been an ok game and not the great game that it is, so hopefully players are not discouraged from playing it.

Blothulfur said:
Am I the only one not bothered about the few changes we get from the import, we see the consequences of most of our action in the first game, that's one of its strengths.

I agree with you, I thought the import system was adequate. Siding with the Socia'Tael could have had a tiny bit more consequence though.

The most glaring flaw was Shani not being mentioned. But overall, I thought it was adequate.

I'd have to disagree, while the faction choice was as you said adequate except the siding with the Scoia'Tel part, the fact that Ada is inconsequential is a real issue, the fact that Thaler is alive no matter what is an issue as well.

CostinMoroianu said:
the fact that Ada is inconsequential is a real issue

For me, not really.
It was only relevant when Fotlest was assumed to have no other heirs. When Anais and Boussy were discovered, Adda's claim is at the very least weakened.

I do not see the Adda choice having any major difference, at least in TW2, in the context that was given.

But if Natalis doesn't have Anais then why can't Radovid press his claim with Adda? What is there to stop him, and what's to stop him for using Adda even if Natalis gets Anais?

CostinMoroianu said:
But if Natalis doesn't have Anais then why can't Radovid press his claim with Adda? What is there to stop him?

Because the nobles of Temeria don't want her and Radovid seems adamant about annexing Temeria peacefully. That and it would be stupid of him to launch an invasion of Temeria now.

The line of dialogue from Natalis: "Foltest's other daughter is still alive, a girl all the people of Vizima will look upon more favorably" it doesn't mean they don't want her, it means they prefer Anais.

The problem with Adda though is that she is only mentioned by Radovid IF you give Anais to him, and only if you do that. The only other mention in the game otherwise is in Henselt's camp.

The real problem isn't so much us looking at it from an outside perspective and understanding or not why Radovid doesn't do it, the problem is it is not mentioned in the game.

CostinMoroianu said:
The line of dialogue from Natalis: "Foltest's other daughter is still alive, a girl all the people of Vizima will look upon more favorably" it doesn't mean they don't want her, it means they prefer Anais.

He said that the Temerian nobility agreed on Anais, but when she disappeared, they decided to split Temeria into provinces. In other words, they clearly don't want her and Natalis is probably being polite to Radovid seeing how Adda is his wife.

Why wouldn't the Temerian nobility accept Adda? For the same reason Henselt refuses to recognize her as legitimate heir. She is the product of incest and more importantly, she turned into a striga twice.

EDIT: it is mentioned by Foltest as well.
3 times is more than enough, I don't' see how they could have integrated her more.

3 times is more than enough, I don't' see how they could have integrated her more.

By having Radovid mention her at the conference regardless of what choice you picked, or he if won't mention her explain to us why she isn't.

CostinMoroianu said:
By having Radovid mention her at the conference regardless of what choice you picked, or he if won't mention her explain to us why she isn't.

I guess. But that for me is minor relatively speaking.

KnightofPhoenix said:
I guess. But that for me is minor relatively speaking.

My issue with what you are saying isn't so much the fact I give a damn about Adda, my issue is that you are saying it's good enough.

We both know CDPR could have handled the import situation a lot better, and we both know the moment companies only hear praises they sit on their asses and do nothing, and then they can and will do it worse.

CostinMoroianu said:
My issue with what you are saying isn't so much the fact I give a damn about Adda, my issue is that you are saying it's good enough.

We both know CDPR could have handled the import situation a lot better, and we both know the moment companies only hear praises they sit on their asses and do nothing, and then they can and will do it worse.

I said it was adequate. I didn't said it was great. They evidently should aspire to do more. That much is a given and what I've always said.

Also, TW1 and TW2 had fairly distinct stories going on. I will not accept TW2's choices being handled the same way in TW3 because it is a much more inter-connected story.

The only thing they could ignore I think is Aryan's fate, but that's about it and damn this discussion made me load up my old witcher 2 LP Loc Muine conference video. "Glee"

DonSwingKing said:
Nice, but i actually would have prefered if the two games would be more interdependent. You even gave us a save import, which was almost useless. Look at Mass Effect. Combined the ME Trilogy is like the ultimate role playing experience.

No, please don't look at Mass Effect, CD Project Red. Stay original, I beg you, please! :D

GODzilla said:
No, please don't look at Mass Effect, CD Project Red. Stay original, I beg you, please! :D

that's stupid. Say what you will about Mass Effect, and there is a lot of bad shit to say about the series, but at least imported choices had a huge impact in ME3.

If there's one thing Bioware did well, tough not perfect by any means, it's that.

Top Bottom