New Video - Midwinter Update Overview

+
Birkewedd;n10023641 said:
Doesn't mean that the devs shouldn't listen to the arguments. Quite the contrary. Those who keep silent usually just don't show any sort of activity what so ever, so they'll be happy with no matter what change. The active players on the other hand keep in touch with the community. So their opinion is relevant. Beucase they probably won't stand the changes they don't like and that will affect the game.
So yeah, the UI needs to be changed ASAP.

That's kind of a simple way to view the situation. So if they are happy one time for one feature they will be happy with whatever comes into the game ? They can't be happy with one things and unhappy with something else, it's one or the other ? That's manichean. Oh and so the loud minority opinion is more valuable than those who don't not complain. Nice way of thinking things, it must be really easy for you to feel supported.

Hydrahead;n10023831 said:
That's a nice generalizing comment. FYI I don't feel that the world is coming to an end. I can just move on to another game. So you're basically saying we should voice our opinion? And I don't care much I'm on the "losing" side - how would you know anyway? Does that mean I'm not allowed to express my opinion or? If most people want this crab well that's fine, I'm just not sure that's the case. We'll never know anyway.

Haha so my comment is generalizing but yours is not at all doing that. That's funny. You should maybe read a second time your own comments before telling me that. Yeah you can voice your opinion. But why do you think that just because you are louder, you are right ? That's a prehistorical way of thinking.. "I SHUT MOR SO IM BETER". It's not how it works.
Never said you are not allowed to express your opinion, but I guess it's easier for you to interpret my comment the way you want to ear it instead of actually reading it.

The funniest part is that I also don't like the new UI. The only differences between us are that:
-I'm not going all douchebaggy byt trying to force the game into my own point of view by threatening people and lauching ultimatum.
-I'm not stuck on my position like you are, because we actually didn't played with the damn thing...
-I can hear other's people opinion without losing my shit or act like they didn't exist and if they were a minority because it's obvious that we are the minority here.
And that's about it I think. You should really start to act like adults and stop only thinking that you are right, other people are wrong because you are louder. It's not how it works. You do not own the game, you need to share it with thousand of users that will certainly not have the same opinion as us. So cut the crap of "you must fix this ASAP" it's ridiculous.

Enough with the personal argument. Take it to PMs if you must continue it.

-----------------------------------------------

If the 100+ new cards didn't make it clear why the Midwinter update is going to be the biggest so far, this video certainly does!

I'm not sold on the new mulligan UI - it feels like it's too detached from the actual game - but I'll get used to it soon enough.

Really can't wait for all the cool changes and additions coming with the patch! I know what I'll be doing during the holidays when not busy with anything else...

:cheers4:

Last edited:
Hm i think many of this changes are to mutch and take away something what was good for the game.

Alzurs thunder is a good example, oyu make this mistake 1 time and only because you are to lazy to read.
This is a realy healthy mistake and reminds you to think more about what you are doing.

There are many mistakes we as humans have to do just to learn.

This executuions stage is a realy bad idea .. people should think before and not when they play a card.

The row limit is a realy lazy way to balance stuff, you force people to play more strong units in stead of many weak and to say it is hard to hit a card when to many units are on one row ...

i had this only one time since i play gwent and so i dont believe this is a real reason for the limit.

The deckbuilder .. sorry but the deckbuilder is so obviously a copy from another card game i just reinstalled the other game and its the same just mirrored.
I can understand why they change it and a better overlook would be good but the recolour dont looks good it gives them a more comic like look from the other card game i mentioned above.

I like the design, the colours now and the changes are realy not what i want to have, so it would be nice if we had a option to have the old colour style instead of ... the new one.

Last edited:
RidiculousName;n10024231 said:
I'm not sold on the new mulligan UI - it feels like it's too detached from the actual game - but I'll get used to it soon enough.

:cheers4:

I'm with you on this. Do not like the Mulligan UI. It's too simple. At least change the background color for peace sake.

And excited about what Shoop will have to offer. Looks like there's going to be a sale after all. Can't wait!

1. Mulligan UI looks terrible, It does not look or feel like a card game, the size and shape of the cards is uninviting and detracting to the experience of playing a CARD game. I assume this translated over to the graveyard UI as well... maby it's ok for that but NOT the mulligan.

Moves like this make it seem very obvious they are thinking about $$$ instead of a quality experience. They called the game "Gwent: The Witcher CARD GAME" but they are clearly making it work for mobile and stuff... that's fine for mobile BUT DON"T MAKE THE PC EXPERIENCE GO DOWN THE MOBILE DRAIN JUST SO YOU CAN SIMPLIFY FOR LESSER PLATFORMS. Remember you are "CD Projekt" PC experience shouldn't be castrated!

2. Deckbuilder looks alright, that needed to be reworked with all the cards in the game now, the visual backdrop could be better but.... it's a step in the right direction for sure.

3. Melee, Ranged, Siege... used to mean something, that was a core design to Gwent that made it unique, fun... now that you gutted the system may as well remove the UI indicators for it as rows mean absolutely nothing anymore. Frost on melee, fog on ranged, rain on siege.... farewell Gwent. Hello $$$ Gwentstone.

4. "SPAWN A SPAWN that spawns a spawn" OHHH you call it "CREATE" now? Well THAT'S ok I guess... good thing you spoke to the psychologist to make crap sound more appetizing. Farewell Gwent... a game which was all about skill. Hello RNG Gwentstone that makes more $$$ with children

5. Half the cards look pretty sweet, the visual style of each faction is very defined, hooray!

6. No more 3 card art???? WHAT!? That doesn't even make sense... you already have the card art... just throwing it away? Trios were one of the coolest features.

Last edited:
Guys stop complaining before patch go live. It's so childish to comment atm before even tested it.

oOxhaosOo;n10024381 said:
This executuions stage is a realy bad idea .. people should think before and not when they play a card.
It is not bad for an online game that doesn't depend only on your own movements. For an example, last day I was playing some Gwent and I was selecting a card to play and the mouse pointer moved slightly to the left (maybe some dirt on the sensor), which caused a misclick and costed me the game. If it was in real life it wouldn't have happened. I saw the same thing happening even during tournaments, and you can see the players' frustration because that's not what they intended to play.

I understand the visual tech changes and the row stack to fit better other platforms, so I'm fine with them. However I also don't like the actual look of it, specially all those colors. Please don't move away from the original themes and looks!

About the agile thing, I do believe that it's good to be able to place any unit on any row you want, it increases the number and types of decks you can create. But I think you should try to find a balance between playability and the tactical approach the original Gwent had. Maybe keep the Melee, Ranged and Siege tags on units that make sense to have them, like it was before, however you would still be able to play them on different rows, with a small drawback, maybe in raw points, maybe wiith their abilities. So the meaning of Agile would change to: you can play wherever you want without any drawbacks, and that would apply to special units like Mages, Spies, Witchers...

Hmmm. So, can you preview which row Roach will hop on, for example? And if so, will you be able to cancel your move and try it again, until she is placed on the row you wish?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Really hate the changes to the UI, but i can live with that, as long as it aesthetics.

But the deck builder / collection combined? First of all, i never felt the need to go craft a card for a deck i was building (provably because i refuse to craft bronzes). But with the deck appearing as that vertical list, you might not even have the whole deck visible on a single screen, and have to scroll down to see the whole deck, no? That truly sucks.

Gotta say i love the daily quests though (assuming they really are a complement and not a replacement for the current dailies)

Anyone think the gameplay is a little too smooth? For instance I don't like how while playing the Woodland Spirit, the wolves just simultaneously drop on the board along with the Fog so fast. I like how they howl and appear one after the other before the Fog drops on the opposite row.

Really cool. I wasn't too thrilled about the row limit but I understand why you did it and I think it's a good reason indeed.
The only thing I'm not a huge fan of so far, are the new leaders.

Honestly, everything else looks super exciting, The cards look fun, the new mechanics look very interesting but the leaders seem so plain ad boring...
It's not a huge deal because everyone is free to play them or not but I kinda wish they where different with a more unic effect (rather than all the same because in a way, that's kinda what's happening here).

For instance I don't like how while playing the Woodland Spirit, the wolves just simultaneously drop on the board along with the Fog so fast. I like how they howl and appear one after the other before the Fog drops on the opposite row.

This. EXACTLY this. And how the Crones are played or how Ragh nar Roog doesn't even have flaming rocks dropping on your opponent's units. In general weather aesthetics suck in the PTR, I wish they revert it back to what it was.

I think a different art for Blood Moon and Moonlight would be nice. Both of these look fantastic when played and could look even better with reverting to how old weather looked aesthetically :)

Other than that, anyone notice the Hillock's ability is bugged? it never spawns a beast. Only 3 special cards...

ser2440;n10032921 said:
Other than that, anyone notice the Hillock's ability is bugged? it never spawns a beast. Only 3 special cards...

The card should be fixed in the coming update. Either the tool-tip or the ability hasn't been updated.

Top Bottom