New video – Social Features

+
New video – Social Features

Check out our video with Jason Slama, Lead Programmer for GWENT, and Marcin Momot, Community Lead at CD PROJEKT RED, revealing Social Features coming to GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in the next patch.

As always, we’re looking forward to your opinions, comments and ideas!

Last edited:
Nice new changes. Especially the stats tab (been waiting since CB for this since i don't use 3 party trackers) and the keg opening improvement.

I heard about last matches history that may be implemented. Can we see the replay of those matches (maybe have a option to save last match replay) or only stats like who won, values, etc. It would be a tremendous help for a beginner to post a reply and ask for help.

Woah, that's going to be one gigantic update. All the new features look really cool, especially the profile/stats screen (numbers are awesome). :D

Geralt and Shackles hype!

My number one feature request is "spectator mode".
Me and a friend of mine love to play CCG over Discord, while one plays the other spectates and then vice versa. Sharing all the fun, knowledge and just random moments.

Glad to hear you're liking the upcoming changes. If there's anything else you'd like to see as far as social features, please let us know. Your feedback is very important to us.

Wow! When you guys break the silence, you really do it for real! Awesome news and great update to the game overall!

SaltyBear;n9323751 said:
My number one feature request is "spectator mode".

This is probably the only thing that I feel is really lacking from what you guys showed us. Everything else about social features is really awesome. Oh and please, never ever add an in-game chat with your oponnent (unless he's in your friend's list of course). People can already be annoying with the emotes only, imagine with an open chat with your oponnent. Maaaaybe there could be such a thing if there was an option to allow it or not, so to be able to chat directly to your oponnent, both players should have that option enabled. Something like a checkbox in the match window that is by default unchecked, and when your oponnent check it, a small message is shown on the oponnent's side saying something like: <username> wants to chat with you. That just sounds like a more flexible and faster alternative then to add the player to your friend's list to chat.

Regarding the stats numbers, I'd love to see those stats per deck. And on the match history tab, a summary row at the end and some nice filtering options, including for example: Outcome (win, loss, draw), Coin flip (won or not), Decks, Factions, etc.

Last edited:
Karolis.petrikas;n9323681 said:
You leaked the shackles buff DEVS

I also spent pretty much the entire video look at card changes as well. Aside from this and the change to Geralt, the only other thing I noticed was that there was 627 total cards on the new profile screen, whereas there are 634 currently in game. We are ending up with LESS cards?

Tremendous job. Well worth the long wait.

Will we something like GwentUp added as "legal" a feature?

No Title

I dont know if its just me, but i found the forum logo unintuitive, i thinkthat placing cdpr logo instead would make me think thats it is some kind of official site (like official forum).
i made image to visual my suggestion

Attachments

• photo165081.jpg
    photo165081.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Snake_Foxhounder;n9323541 said:
Will the starter pack be free for all players or what?
It's 100% going to be exactly like the deal you get from hearthstone and tes legends, aka free leg plus packs plus bonus (in this case meteorite powder, enough to transmute a leg) for 4.99$.
And if that's the case i'm going to get it asap.

Changes (seen in the video - youtube-comment):
Eredin 6 Str.
Archgriffin 4 Str.
Griffin 6 Str.
Crach an Craite 5 Str.
Geralt 11 Str.
Mangonel and Daerlan Foot Soldiers only trigger on your reveals
Dimeritium Shackles damages by 3 alongside its previous effect, and is considered an Alchemy card

Snake_Foxhounder;n9326801 said:
Reval mirror matches just got even more RNG based. :)
Just reveal your own foot soldiers and you solve the rng matter. Of course Vattier is a different matter, but what can you do.

I'm excited about the new features. I'm hoping the PS4 version will get friend matches, and possibly friend chat soon. Another feature I think we need are different modes. Best to try them out now in the open beta.

Top Bottom