New video – Swap Update overview

+
ser2440;n10953884 said:
But my main problem is how greatswords utterly wreck weather and damaging engines. Axemen, Frost and Deathwish are suffering because of the prevalence of Greatswords.

GS also having its weakness & suffers from control, movement, graveyard steal or high tempo decks like spell, alchemy, ng soldier buff, nr armor buff, soc. elf buff & even against consume or imlerith if they failed to draw proper counters.

In the end most wins will be decided by the factor that who's having counter cards & lucky to draw them at proper time.

Last edited:
l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10953878 said:
From the cards you have mention almost 3 cards are neutral & can be used against gs too. Mandrake, Muzzle & Igni.

Aside Mandrake, the rest don't fit into Consume decks. Have you ever seen a consume deck running Igni?

GS bronzes are just way TOO consistent, the golds are free picks, while consume is bound to specific golds and doesn't have the luxury of so many tutors and res as GS does. They nerfed brwoer for tutoring the Spy, while Skjall is sitting pretty laughing with Uldaryk and Hym to everyone. @#$%#%#$%#

But aside that, consume can't counter effectively GS while the vice-versa does.

And to conclude, the Golds and Silver draws on consume sucks big time, due to the fact you keep adding bronzes to the deck with Nwarriors.

Last edited:
Ic3Purple;n10953923 said:
Aside Mandrake, the rest don't fit into Consume decks. Have you ever seen a consume deck running Igni?

GS bronzes are just way TOO consistent, the golds are free picks, while consume is bound to specific golds and doesn't have the luxury of so many tutors and res as GS does.

please don't post illogical replies. I am talking about overall mo vs sk thing & not about consume vs gs. I already told you comparing 1 deck against another & saying I don't have counters for some strategy just bcoz you are loosing against it is not makes any sense.

If you are facing too many gs decks then try to play other faction or different mo strategy.

OK all the changes but I still wish that scorch will be eliminated. You cannot see playing against this card 3/4 times in a game.

No more! Constructive, not destructive.

l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10953911 said:
GS also having its weakness & suffers from control, movement, graveyard steal or high tempo decks like spell, alchemy, ng soldier buff, nr armor buff, soc. elf buff & even against consume or imlerith if they failed to draw proper counters.

In the end most wins will be decided by the factor that who's having counter cards & lucky to draw them at proper time.

Suffers against what? NG soldier? NR armor? these are worse than Eredin right now. NG soldier is not high tempo at all, by the time you set up the swarm, the other player will have also set up their monstrous passive point generation. NR armor just plain sucks. Not to mention there really isn't anything better in that deck from Trebuchets, which help greatswords. As for control, no they aren't, considering they have (the usual lists) 7 revivals, with the potential for 9 without sacrificing deck consistency. That's aside from the 6 engines they pack. As for movement, what movement. EVERY movement deck relies on weather. Eredin with drowners, axemen with Whalers, ST with Marksmen and Dwarven mercs. And I've tried axemen against greatswords. It's really hard to win.

GS have their weaknesses, you need hard control (AC, muzzle, Necromancy) or Graveyard hate, or both. But weather NR armor, and NG soldier are not part of those weaknesses.

revolutionaryb;n10953983 said:
Way to go CDPR, keep removing interesting gameplay mechanics until this game is just about who draws the highest cards.

Yes, wardancer and brouver pulling yaevinn and slave drivers and elven scouts and create in general were SO interesting :rly?:

revolutionaryb;n10953983 said:
Way to go CDPR, keep removing interesting gameplay mechanics until this game is just about who draws the highest cards.

Create was NOT interesting...

Separate questions about whether other stuff ought to have been nerfed but this is many steps in the right direction.

ser2440;n10953959 said:
Suffers against what? NG soldier? NR armor? these are worse than Eredin right now. NG soldier is not high tempo at all, by the time you set up the swarm, the other player will have also set up their monstrous passive point generation. NR armor just plain sucks. Not to mention there really isn't anything better in that deck from Trebuchets, which help greatswords. As for control, no they aren't, considering they have (the usual lists) 7 revivals, with the potential for 9 without sacrificing deck consistency. That's aside from the 6 engines they pack. As for movement, what movement. EVERY movement deck relies on weather. Eredin with drowners, axemen with Whalers, ST with Marksmen and Dwarven mercs. And I've tried axemen against greatswords. It's really hard to win.

GS have their weaknesses, you need hard control (AC, muzzle, Necromancy) or Graveyard hate, or both. But weather NR armor, and NG soldier are not part of those weaknesses.

There are always different versions of every strategy as well every player playing style is different & mainly as I said above you need luck to draw proper cards as it's not like every strategy is going to have same cards & every match they are going to draw same cards. Other factors are also there like blue / red coin, pass time, decision making etc.
As par I know NR armor don't having Trebuchets, as well in long round NR soldiers can easily beat you with proper draw of cards. Again here I am comparing this strategies with gs & not with meta that you are saying "these are worse than Eredin right now"

I am not saying ng soldier buff or even elf buff is high tempo as both requires some setup but after a proper setup they can easily reach more strength then gs.

Last edited:
l_WHIT3WOLF_l;n10954040 said:
There are always different versions of every strategy as well every player playing style is different & mainly as I said above you need luck to draw proper cards as it's not like every strategy is going to have same cards & every match they are going to draw same cards. Other factors are also there like blue / red coin, pass time, decision making etc.
As par I know NR armor don't having Trebuchets, as well in long round NR soldiers can easily beat you with proper draw of cards. Again here I am comparing this strategies with gs & not with meta that you are saying "these are worse than Eredin right now"

I am not saying ng soldier buff or even elf buff is high tempo as both requires some setup but after a proper setup they can easily reach more strength then gs.

My reasoning was simple. If they are worse than Eredin, one of the worst decks out there right now, then how can they hope to match Greatswords?

Also, I don't know what kind of Armor you've seen played but Trebuchets (or Reinorced Trebuchets, I always confuse the 2, anyway, the 8 Strength deal 1 damage every turn one ) are the last 2 bronzes. 2 Redanian Elites, 2 Kaedweni Knights, 2 Reconnaissance, 2 Tormented Mages, 2 Thunderbolt potions, 2 Kaedweni Cavalry, 2 Redanian Knight-Elects and the last 2 are trebuchets.

ser2440;n10953200 said:
Are you sure you don't check it superficially? you may be fooled because Calveit indeed was less than 50% in the last few, but that's because some people play soldiers or spies with him. Or even Mill. If you check the specific alchemy bronzes' winrate at the highest tier (3900+ I believe is rank 20+ ), it's always over 50%. Usually less so than Harald, Greatswords, Henselt and Brouver, but still always above.

Really? Interesting. I think that's it then. I usually looked at the overall winrate of Calveit and assumed alchemy cuz that's what was the norm. I need to figure out how to look at the data by archetypes. Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't know I was the one being ignorant.

mli_dragon;n10961231 said:
Really? Interesting. I think that's it then. I usually looked at the overall winrate of Calveit and assumed alchemy cuz that's what was the norm. I need to figure out how to look at the data by archetypes. Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't know I was the one being ignorant.
the trick is to go down to the secondary stats, pick a leader, and then pick the cards that are most specific to that deck to get the popularity and winrate stats for that card under that leader. That will tell you more specifics about the basic deck, particularly how popular it is for that leader, and what portion of the overall winrate is attributable to it.

some leaders have lackluster overal winrates, but specific decks under it can be much better... and vice versa

Top Bottom