New w3 trailer: Elder blood

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
New w3 trailer: Elder blood

So here it is. :) I gather no one has posted it yet?
It gives away basically but not spoilerly why the Wild Hunt is chasing Ciri...
Is it some ludicrous impression of mine or we'll be playing as Yenn and Ciri too? :p
People has started (the internets, how strange) to rant about " this is SSSSOOOOO downgraded compared to earlier gameplay trailers", "this is shit", yadayadayadayadayada... I thinks it looks amazing, but who'll know before the game is out right?
Evidently, if it indeed is a downgrade, it's related with tweeking the graphics to acomodate to console performance. Or it could just be a compressed video issue in you-tube. We'll know when the game is out, I guess.

Also... Did I consume too many mushrooms or Lena Headey is doing the voice for Yenn? I think it's GREAT. :)

Last edited:
I was one of those people that thought the old King of the Wild Hunt design was better but after this trailer I am happpy with the new design. He now looks leaner and actually able to wield a sword against Geralt.

Loved seeing Geralt and the other guy fighting the Wild Hunt and Ciri kicking ass aswell.

Hype is officially at Defcon 1

Rauter

Forum regular
Alright. I have to breathe... I'm cool, I'm cool...
DAMN IT! Screw my homework, I have to watch this until midnight!

Also... Did I consume too many mushrooms or Lena Headey is doing the voice for Yenn? I think it's GREAT. :)

It seems I had the same mushrooms. :) It is great if it is true. Actually, why not? Lots of them will be doing voices for GOT Telltale game, and one more high profile videogame gig won't hurt.

Wow amazing trailer, this came out of no where! Thank you CDPR.
After playing DAI for a while I just remembered its just a way to pass the time until the real game that I really desire is here.

It seems that, with that clean shave, Geralt's facial model is the same as in witcher 2. I like that. It feels familiar.

I really enjoyed the trailer. I wasn't expecting a Sword of Destiny equivalent and it still provided much more enjoyment than I anticipated for a small clip (graphical questions aside).

The opening with Geralt investigating and the villager telling the tale was chilling. Pun intended. I love how even Geralt sounds just slightly shaken outside his usual monotone. There's that very faint note of disbelief and shock in his voice, like someone who is rarely unnerved yet may have found a reason to be, for a change.

The rooftop of the house the Riders disembark nearby gathering frost was cool. Pun intended again. I like their cold effect (unless it's just winter and I'm a twit) and seeing the King of the Wild Hunt glance at you is creepy. He really does have a presence.

Then we jump to Eredin ready to face off someone. Tense! I like this look of his much more than the bulky armor he had in initial footage. Lean, or relatively lean, suits him much better. I would even make him leaner. Anyway, call me old-fashioned, but a duel at night with lightning in the sky and fire in the background is still adrenaline-pumping. But it's mostly thinking what's at stake and the risk being taken that has me enthusiastic (and nervous) about this - in another thread an image was posted that is very likely the person whose hand we glimpse for a second, but I won't spoil it. Why would it? Leave some mystery I say, fellow forum members - I already regret seeing the character (even though it's making me more enthusiastic about this scene).

Then Yennefer... Yennefer <3 Preparing some magic with her staves. And like Geralt's tone, hers is just right as well. It's quiet, and anxious without being hysterical. Also, Lena Headey? If so, yes please. She's a skilled actress and can certainly have the authority in her voice that Yennefer deserves. This will turn out to be a pleasant surprise if it's true.

Then there's the explosion. It mostly piqued my curiosity because as it fades we still see the golden sphere inside it protecting someone, or someones. So I'm guessing a sorceress, obviously. Speaking of mages, we see Yennefer riding for her life with the Dearg Ruadhri hard on her heels. Ride like the wind, Arwe-- Yennefer!

Moving to Ciri swirling around one of the Elves and then teleporting away in the nick of time. She can hold her own. Now, I'm not a fan of her over-the-top powers, but at least I can trust CDPR to make good and cool use of them. Seems like her magic-reflexes are well honed.

Finally... seeing Geralt and Lambert in co-op mode, dancing like that. Favorite part, easily. I'm smiling like an idiot here and rewatching it several times now. Witcherly brotherhood. It's touching. And scary. More of this in the story, please.

And on the technical aspect - first, I'm happy to finally see Geralt in a different outfit. Second, I share the concerns about the graphics. But I'll leave that to the general downgrade thread to not derail this specific one.

Last edited:
At around 48 seconds in... Geralt and someone else? I can see a sword and grayish hair from Geralt but not sure who the other person is. I would have guessed Yennefer but the two rods (or swords?) on their back is throwing me off. :p They don't seem to match the rods Yennefer has earlier in the trailer unless you can change them during the game.

Screencap:

Weak trailer. Wasn't impressed at all like with the other trailers.. Probably because I was focusing too much on noticing all the graphical downgrades in the trailer..

I didn't really like it, not just because of the lower quality graphics but I don't think it was as cool as the first trailers.

One positive thing... music was awesome! :)

---------- Updated at 08:18 AM ----------

I didn't really like it, not just because of the lower quality graphics but I don't think it was as cool as the first trailers.

This is the main problem, this trailer looks like it was done in a hurry, its like they took cutscenes from an old build of the game and placed some voice-overs over them...

I think it will help,but It wont be Sword of Destiny,I was prepared for weaker graphics since the famous screenshots no worries .

I hope Geralt isn't going to be a world savior like in shit Bioware games
Cause that will be worse than the graphical downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom