New Weather Question

+
New Weather Question

Hello.. As we know now weather has changed & now it's only spawns weather on only 1 row [ any side ] so my question are...

- Is it possible to stack different weather on same row ? OR only 1 weather effect on 1 row?

- Fog / Rain removing 2 strength from highest / lowest cards so what about those cards having odd strength? like 7 so are those cards going to get damage once they reach1 strength?

- Fog/ Rain going to damage only 1 card or cards with same high / low strength ?

- How Rain is exactly going to work with 1 & 2 strength cards? if it's going to remove 2 strength as par fog

- Cards in weather going to loose all strength & will send to graveyard or will stay on board with 1 strength?

Ya I know we are getting patch very soon.. but still curiosity is on top :)
So we got the answers from Team Red.. which is on page 2 / post no #20

This is team red reply as it is...

Dominika.Skubida;n8559580 said:
Okay, so:
  1. Weather does not stack. For example, if you play Fog on a row affected by Rain, Fog overwrites it (Rain disappears and Fog stays).
  2. If multiple cards have the same lowest/highest strength, they are all damaged.
  3. First Light has only one change – it will affect only one chosen row, just like the other weather cards.
  4. Weather damages units permanently. Removing the weather from a row does not restore any strength.
  5. Once a unit is reduced to 0 strength, it will be sent to graveyard.

If I missed any questions, please let me know. :)

Last edited:
My question is there have any change of First Light, with new weather system before answer those your question.

DEERCG;n8548610 said:
My question is there have any change of First Light, with new weather system before answer those your question.

yehhh I think they will revert back first light as previous where it's only going to remove weather from 1 row, why ?

Cause we are now use weather on any side row so clearing all weather is not goes well with this new weather system imo but still I am not 100% sure as this is just my thought.

Will add probably the most important question to the mix:

Will removing weather from a row restore all the strength lost due to weather effect?

kaalev;n8549230 said:
Will add probably the most important question to the mix:

Will removing weather from a row restore all the strength lost due to weather effect?

IMO resetting strength is not a good idea as now weather removes only 1/2 strength & If it's going to reset the strength then weather is almost dead.

TH3WITCH3R;n8549310 said:
IMO resetting strength is not a good idea as now weather removes only 1/2 strength & If it's going to reset the strength then weather is almost dead.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I love playing weather deck, would hate to let it go.

I bet first light will return to clear a single row. Silver double weather is no longer a thing (i saw marigold hailstorm and it doesn't spawn weather anymore, so i assume the same is true for the other 2. No idea on aeromancy) and dagon especially lost the first light option which means that he would be dead if first light remain as it is now.

I´m pretty sure First Light does not remove damage dealt by weather, but it will still probably clear all rows. This way everything should be more balanced and less swingy without last player getting huge advantage for playing last weather / Clear Sky. So overall weather is less powerful and must be played differently, but it is now much more flexible and effect only opponent. But First Light is also probably less powerful, because weather will always do some damage before you could play it.

I also wonder if you could stack more weather cards in single row, probably not, but we will see. Overall I really like changes to weather. But I have problem with balance for Rain and Fog, because damaging most powerful units in row is clearly better then damaging weakest unit, you eventually level entire row and start damaging more and more units.

Im honestly of the opinion that Weather wont actually make it to the full release, its already proving the hardest part of the game to get right and honestly i dont think theres a way to actually balance it.

This is a good step compared to the horrendous way it was before, but i still think even this will get the cut before full launch.

TH3WITCH3R;n8549310 said:
as now weather removes only 1/2 strength

Am I playing a different game? The last few games involving weather, all cards went down to one point unless weather immunity or gold once weather was applied, either with both sides getting weather or one side getting it.

Isi23_23;n8550520 said:
I´m pretty sure First Light does not remove damage dealt by weather

Clearing weather restores point values of pre-weather conditions, including buffs. If you had a card that had original value of 2, was buffed to 10, and then weather knocks it down to 1, and it somehow manages to survive, it goes back to 10 if weather is cleared. If you buff the card while weather is applied, iirc correctly from a few games ago, then if weather is cleared, it remains at the new buffed value. If there's no buff or initial damage, it reverts from 1 back to whatever point value it was before, so if it was a 6 point card that had lost 2 damage and was then 4 points, weather gets applied and it goes down to 1, removing weather puts it back to 4 -- it doesn't cure any previously gained damage to reset the card to base value.

Zjiin;n8556340 said:
Im honestly of the opinion that Weather wont actually make it to the full release, its already proving the hardest part of the game to get right and honestly i dont think theres a way to actually balance it.

If they want to keep the game semi-close to the one from Witcher 3, weather should stay in some capacity. Maybe not quite as powerful as it is now, but it was a feature in the mini-game. It's also become less difficult to deal with, assuming your opponent is playing a more balanced deck instead of relying almost entirely on weather effects. I'd say they're doing an okay job of balancing it now. Several patches ago, on the other hand. In the mini-game in Witcher 3, there was a Monsters deck that you had to beat for one of the quests, and it was really difficult to get past -- lots of weather. I like that it's in this version.

Isi23_23;n8550520 said:
I´m pretty sure First Light does not remove damage dealt by weather, but it will still probably clear all rows. This way everything should be more balanced and less swingy without last player getting huge advantage for playing last weather / Clear Sky. So overall weather is less powerful and must be played differently, but it is now much more flexible and effect only opponent. But First Light is also probably less powerful, because weather will always do some damage before you could play it.

I also wonder if you could stack more weather cards in single row, probably not, but we will see. Overall I really like changes to weather. But I have problem with balance for Rain and Fog, because damaging most powerful units in row is clearly better then damaging weakest unit, you eventually level entire row and start damaging more and more units.

You might be underestimating rain. Rain will kill units faster and will be a better choice against factions that are spawning many weak units like Arachas.

The Polish stream yesterday updated a lot more info. You cannot stack weather effects on the same row - putting a frost on the siege row will replace rain if it is already on the siege row. Clear skies only clears one weather effect and it does not reset units back, they stay damaged. The synergy with wild hunt units is also quite good and the gold cards look quite powerful as well;

Caranthir - 5 strength - move 5 units to mirror row and spawn frost on it.
Imlerith - 8 strength - deal 4 damage to an enemy, 8 if frost is present.
Ge'els - 2 strength - draw a gold and silver card, play one put the other to the top of your deck.

There was also a lot of bronze and silver units revealed. Looks like wild hunt decks will be able to move pretty much all opposing units onto one row quite effectively. Full info is on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6bxjwh/polish_stream_is_on/

brighton11;n8557460 said:
The Polish stream yesterday updated a lot more info. You cannot stack weather effects on the same row - putting a frost on the siege row will replace rain if it is already on the siege row. Clear skies only clears one weather effect and it does not reset units back, they stay damaged. The synergy with wild hunt units is also quite good and the gold cards look quite powerful as well;

Caranthir - 5 strength - move 5 units to mirror row and spawn frost on it.
Imlerith - 8 strength - deal 4 damage to an enemy, 8 if frost is present.
Ge'els - 2 strength - draw a gold and silver card, play one put the other to the top of your deck.

There was also a lot of bronze and silver units revealed. Looks like wild hunt decks will be able to move pretty much all opposing units onto one row quite effectively. Full info is on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/6bxjwh/polish_stream_is_on/

Thanks... such a important early information :cheers:

Yeah, I was excepting that Clear Sky does not remove damage, but I was excepting it will clear all rows on your side. With only one row, Clear Sky seem quite weak, because units get first some damage, so even when you play it immediately, you are at disadvantage and waiting make it even worse. So I think weather will again be big part of meta and because it effects only opponent, it is much more flexible and there is not clear answer, some weather card will be in most decks. White Frost that spawn Frost to two rows seem super strong and Axeman is OP with Frost. Also Rag Nar Roog is beyond OP, I mean it is like playing against 9 YenCon at the same time and having Clear Sky does not help too much, I can not imagine game where playing this would not mean immediately pass from opponent, so I really hope CD come to sense and tone this card down.

We really don't know how to say when only know a part of picture. Better wait for 24 May, then we will have answer.

Okay, so:
  1. Weather does not stack. For example, if you play Fog on a row affected by Rain, Fog overwrites it (Rain disappears and Fog stays).
  2. If multiple cards have the same lowest/highest strength, they are all damaged.
  3. First Light has only one change – it will affect only one chosen row, just like the other weather cards.
  4. Weather damages units permanently. Removing the weather from a row does not restore any strength.
  5. Once a unit is reduced to 0 strength, it will be sent to graveyard.
If I missed any questions, please let me know. :)

Top Bottom