New Witcher 2 Footage (GC Cologne)

+
New Witcher 2 Footage (GC Cologne)

This game is looking SWEET!Unfortunately, the following footage is in SD only, but to make up for it, there's plenty of it!Demo part 1Demo part 2Demo part 3Demo part 4 (contains nudity)Demo part 5Demo part 6Demo part 7Very impressive, considering the game is still very much in development. You'll notice that Geralt's appearance has changed (for the better) and he looks more mature and fiercer as well.Also, throughout the entire demo, there are no loading screens at all! Considering how beefed up the graphics are over the original, this is amazing. When Geralt exits the dungeon and goes out into the city area (part 6), you'll see just how large the areas are.The combat looked a bit clunky, but the tech said that was still under development so the final version will be much better :)This game will definitely be game of the year 2011 :D

I heard somewhere that the enemies (especially on high difficulty levels) will be able to dodge, block, perform counter strikes and will certainly be able to give the player some hard ime:)

This demo just knocked me out. Seriously, I would even play this version of the game so I can't wait to see the end product! I have never been this excited about a game in a long while, I just can't wait for it!I want to preorder the collectors edition like NOW!CDProjekt, I love you and keep up the amazing work!

Ravenwoods said:
This demo just knocked me out. Seriously, I would even play this version of the game so I can't wait to see the end product! I have never been this excited about a game in a long while, I just can't wait for it!I want to preorder the collectors edition like NOW!CDProjekt, I love you and keep up the amazing work!
That's what all people here think:) But we still have to wait about half a year to see the game... Personally I can't even imagine how the final product will look like... Can't wait to see the mini-games :)

http://witcher2game.com/2010/06/the-witcher-2-proud-to-be-hardcore/http://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6274251/

genNighty said:
genNighty said:
http://witcher2game.com/2010/06/the-witcher-2-proud-to-be-hardcore/
You musn't start a new topic for this video :) Besides it is a old one, which devs shown on E3.
hmmm i looked before posting but didnt see it anywhere

Kalfear said:
You didn't have to start a new topic for this video :) Besides it is a old one, which devs shown on E3.And
Kalfear said:
On Atari site I found this.
Coming Soon: February 28, 2011
Oh and a interview with Tomek Gophttp://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6274251/

genNighty said:
genNighty said:
You didn't have to start a new topic for this video :) Besides it is a old one, which devs shown on E3.And
genNighty said:
On Atari site I found this.
Coming Soon: February 28, 2011
Oh and a interview with Tomek Gophttp://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6274251/
ahhh was buried, missed the link!so sorry.

No problem. I might just overreacted, because in Polish section, mods don't like when we start topics, which could be posted in existing ones :)

The videos on youtube were kinda bad that was better, my general opinion is that The Witcher 2 is looking amazing, still the animations and face expression like the Devs said still need some work, in the demo Geralt seem a little stiff while walking and stopping and the way he put is sword on the back look kinda of strange. The fight mine-games are better too and they seem kinda of cool.Well this is a must buy for me, even with that demo,Geralt is looking good :D

Wow. The game is looking awesome; can't wait to see the final result. Also Geralt looks sweet! CD Project really knows how to make a game.

Nk3dWch3r said:
Nk3dWch3r said:
That's what all people here think:) But we still have to wait about half a year to see the game... Personally I can't even imagine how the final product will look like... Can't wait to see the mini-games :)
They said there are less mini games/side missions this time around but thats made up by having the multiple openings and multiple paths to multiple endings!LOL, Im definately getting my money worth from TW1 and sounds like TW2 will hit DA:O replay amounts as I search out all the different endings and what not :)heheh replayed DA:O 12 times, wonder if The Witcher 2 can beat that!2011 cant come soon enough (even if it does mean ill be a year older and crankier, hehe)

This is starting to look very promising. I'm really hoping they somehow manage to hit the holiday season this year, even though I doubt it =/It would really help me if I could play this over Christmas break vs. playing it during College haha.Day One Buy, probably even the collectors edition depending on what's in it.

I really love the time when the game is in developement and it gets finished step by step... slowly but surely. And we get more info. It's like taking sweets from your favour candy box. One tastes better than the other. You don't hork it down, no you savour every piece.btw... I'm hungry for the next dev diary. I was told we will get the above demo as a proper presentation as well. But it has to go into the studio first for polishing and ... commentary too I guess.

PetraSilie said:
I really love the time when the game is in developement and it gets finished step by step... slowly but surely. And we get more info. It's like taking sweets from your favour candy box. One tastes better than the other. You don't hork it down, no you savour every piece.
I love this analogy; that's great!(Also, nice use of "hork" by a non-native speaker of English -- that's really slangy.)I'm actually not watching all the new stuff. What's the matter, don't I like The Witcher anymore? No, just the opposite. I adore The Witcher, and I know that I'll be buying and playing The Witcher 2, no matter what. So I don't want to spoil it. I look at the new character things that are posted in the character section, but I'm not watching the videos. I want The Witcher 2 to be fresh when I play it for the first time. (This is not to put down those of you who are eagerly watching everything that comes out. I understand why people watch the videos, and I'm not faulting anyone for doing so, just explaining why I'm not saying much in the conversation about the new videos.)

Well... watching just 2 minutes of footage of Geralt in La Vallette castle decided me not to watch anything more than Ive already done. I recorded the demo videos to my PC, but I'll avoid any information for the next six months. My first palythrough of the Witcher was totally blind, and I want my first experience to TW2 as close as that.Game appears indeed to be AWESOME .

Corylea said:
but I'm not watching the videos. I want The Witcher 2 to be fresh when I play it for the first time.
If you did watch the trailer you would be impressed, i did not expect the new trailer to be so good.Even Geralt is looking more like the witcher from the first game. I am afraid i have to watch the trailers as i am too weak to resist the temptation.

Corylea I understand you :) But my strong will isn't really so stong :)But I must say that CDPR's gameplays is showing us only small spoilers. I hate Activision for what they did with Modern Warfare 2. Every nice moments, all plot turn I saw in trailers! I had a big deja vu, while playing a game. So CDRP good work with no spoiling our future fun :)

Top Bottom