New Witcher 3 gameplay to be shown during San Diego Comic Con!

+
^^ The dev diaries can still happen....let's say they want to do 5 and release 1 per month before release....that means they would start in October :)

But now its different.
True, in this particular case it's different. But it doesn't have to be like this further down the road, and I doubt it will. Now, of course, I can't speak on behalf of CDPR since I'm not affiliated with them, nor do I know what their plans are, so this is pure guesswork based on observations from CDPR's past marketing campaigns, releases and general style.

Do I like how marketing has been handled for W3 so far? Eh, not exactly, but I've also seen worse. Now, before someone goes "it's up to CDPR how they handle their game and what they decide to share with the public", "you have no say in it", "you don't matter", etc. Yeah, fair enough, that doesn't stop me from sharing my thoughts on the matter though.

The thing that started making big waves recently, around here and social media in general, was the whole SDCC ordeal. "Exclusive content just for 1000 people?! What is this nonsense CDPR?!" "Where's the footage CDPR?! It's not fair!" and similar phrases were thrown around various places on the internet. I'll admit, I was among the first to show distaste in the whole "behind the scenes, press exclusive" trend that started since E3 last year. But in the case of SDCC I think there's a different story, and a different approach needs to be taken when you're someone sitting at home browsing forums/facebook/twitter etc. People need to understand how SDCC functions, they require exclusivity and if you want to have a presence at the biggest con in the world you better give it to them.

"So this can't be avoided Kinleybear? People will complain regardless?" There's always that one guy that is never satisfied (statement not alluding to anyone in particular), we all know that. But I do believe there is a better way of going on about things. How? Steady stream of smaller material (seemingly insignificant) that helps in the long run. A tidbit every now and again, like I said before, be it a screenshot or even a nicely written post alluding to something from the game (bi-monthly riddles that once solved reveal new information about the game?), keep the community engaged, that's all I'm saying.

Know what bothers me the most? CDPR showed intention of doing stuff like this in the past (Killing Monsters campaign springs to mind), the only problem is that there are huge amounts of time in between, so in the end I'd say it's meaningless, any hype and goodwill you garnered from a campaign like that goes out the window once you go radio silence for months to follow (let's not forget how this place looked prior to June). Same things seems to be happening post E3 as well, of course it's not as bad. We have different side projects that CDPR are throwing at us (cosplay contest, World of the Witcher announcement, etc.) but all of that falls flat in front of people that are only interested in the game and it's development.

One might say our numbers here on the forums would not justify that amount of effort. To that I have to say: it's not that much of an effort if you think about it and I honestly believe we are worth it. And while we're on that note, I believe that one of the main reasons dev-community interaction is at a minimum is because we're seen as a bunch of nitpickers and whiners by the devs, and to some extent they're right. But it's just because we are very passionate about CDPR and their games in general, one of the most passionate communities out there in my honest opinion. Interaction seemed to change recently, with more and more REDs posting on the forums, but even that stopped all of a sudden. Maybe they are just very busy, who knows.

So with all of that said, and I'm sorry for the ramble, I never write like this, don't know what got over me. Anyhow, I encourage REDs to be more open to this motley crew of nerds, even if our numbers are fairly small, we're very much passionate and lovable.

A heartfelt post brought to you from a person that loves this community to bits.

Well they've certainly changed the way they approach marketing, and I'd be lying if I said watching the franchise go mainstream isn't a bit nerve wracking for me. I mean mainstream recognition, not mainstreaming the content. Back before TW2 arrived, I had tried and bailed on TW1. Then this thing happened:

Still the most compelling video game trailer I've seen, and it's what brought me back to finish TW1 4 times. A single trailer. So they can market however they want, even if I don't quite follow their logic. They've already got me hooked. :p

I kind of feel like, the REDs are scared of the forumites somehow. They know we can be very very nitpicky, so I think they pay extra attention to what they release. It has to be perfect, and even then, they're still scared about nitpicking.

While there are comments about how much we love CDPR or "good job" comments, they are severely outweighed by the nitpicking comments. And even if the CDPR developers look for some feedback on this forum, they also look for some words of "comfort". I mean, let's face it, a "small" team like this, is pulling something like TW3 off. There's gotta be pressure. And lot's of it.

I actually prefer, when the Forum is calm, like in between "news". Some of the best ideas are being posted at these times, when the people that really want to help make the game better, start posting. I mean, after the Summer Conference, most of the posts was nonsense and rainbow puking.

I'm really not sure about how CDPR should handle this. I mean I don't really have an opinion on the matter. If they give us more, then more people will flood in. That might have it's advantages but it also has it's disadvantages as well. And if they don't, then we start to become restless. All in moderation I guess.

I for one, did not mind at all, that we didn't get to see anything new yet. And I am very calm and relaxed. I understand that people might not feel as I do.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is, that we are in a quite critical situation at the moment, as a community. For as long as I remember, we've had the ear of the REDs. Let's try not to lose this privilege. I don't think there are many communities that work like this.

Anyway, that's all thanks to @Kinley. And for the first time in History, I'll blame him as well. I blame you for posting a great post Bearybear.

Hats off.

:hatsoff:

I kind of feel like, the REDs are scared of the forumites somehow. They know we can be very very nitpicky, so I think they pay extra attention to what they release. It has to be perfect, and even then, they're still scared about nitpicking.

While there are comments about how much we love CDPR or "good job" comments, they are severely outweighed by the nitpicking comments. And even if the CDPR developers look for some feedback on this forum, they also look for some words of "comfort". I mean, let's face it, a "small" team like this, is pulling something like TW3 off. There's gotta be pressure. And lot's of it.

I actually prefer, when the Forum is calm, like in between "news". Some of the best ideas are being posted at these times, when the people that really want to help make the game better, start posting. I mean, after the Summer Conference, most of the posts was nonsense and rainbow puking.

I'm really not sure about how CDPR should handle this. I mean I don't really have an opinion on the matter. If they give us more, then more people will flood in. That might have it's advantages but it also has it's disadvantages as well. And if they don't, then we start to become restless. All in moderation I guess.

I for one, did not mind at all, that we didn't get to see anything new yet. And I am very calm and relaxed. I understand that people might not feel as I do.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is, that we are in a quite critical situation at the moment, as a community. For as long as I remember, we've had the ear of the REDs. Let's try not to lose this privilege. I don't think there are many communities that work like this.

Anyway, that's all thanks to @Kinley. And for the first time in History, I'll blame him as well. I blame you for posting a great post Bearybear.

Hats off.

:hatsoff:

This!!

Steady stream of smaller material (seemingly insignificant) that helps in the long run. A tidbit every now and again, like I said before, be it a screenshot or even a nicely written post alluding to something from the game (bi-monthly riddles that once solved reveal new information about the game?), keep the community engaged, that's all I'm saying.

One might say our numbers here on the forums would not justify that amount of effort. To that I have to say: it's not that much of an effort if you think about it and I honestly believe we are worth it.

Excellent post mate, a regular stream of minor tidbits e.g. screenies (even red herrings) would go a long way to not just improving existing moods here, but bringing more people in. It was suggested before, got forumite support, was utterly ignored by RED.

That $25million marketing they got to spend? They could do a lot with that, but nothing they do is going to attract more attention than they already have (so I do question the sense in spending it), but if it must be spent do something completely new, or at least rare, and massive, I mean put the LOT on RED and spin the wheel. Make a full length movie is my suggestion.

Your whole world revolves around gameplay footage? We have summer, go outside or something. CDPR would have to be stupid to overwhelm us and other gamers with the footage when it is still six months to launch. The Witcher 3 is one of the most anticipated game of 2015, so we can safely say that their marketing working pretty well.

CDPR cant overdo with new footage, because the game can get boring even before the premiere, overeat simply.

Pretty much. If they go all out with the marketing now there will be nothing new left to show before release.

Your whole world revolves around gameplay footage? We have summer, go outside or something. CDPR would have to be stupid to overwhelm us and other gamers with the footage when it is still six months to launch. The Witcher 3 is one of the most anticipated game of 2015, so we can safely say that their marketing working pretty well.

CDPR cant overdo with new footage, because the game can get boring even before the premiere, overeat simply.

Exactly this. Never forget Watch Dogs.

I just found out my step sister went to comic con (she's out there seeing her dad who lives in L.A.).. I could have used that information beforehand...

Ссылка нормальная. Скопируй адрес и вставь в браузер. И пожалуйста если не трудно спрашивайте на общедоступном форуму языке. Не все тут говорят по русски и могут понять проблему.

Ссылка нормальная. Скопируй адрес и вставь в браузер. И пожалуйста если не трудно спрашивайте на общедоступном форуму языке. Не все тут говорят по русски и могут понять проблему.
1) С этого ресурса постят только русские ;)
2) Даже таким способом киртинку не посмотреть.
Если лень перезаливать на др. ресурс, то может её просто не выкладывать?

Sorry.
JimDiGreez: I sad link is broken. Can you upload picture on another hosting, like "igmur".

scratcherpen: Link is ok. Just copy link and paste into brouser adress box. And post in English.

JimDiGreez: 1) Only russians copy that links
2) Still can't watch that picture.
Maybe you shouldn't post If you are too lazy to upload to another hosting.

Sorry for my English. =)

It's this image in particular if anyone is wondering:

And like I said before, a behind closed door presentation does not exclude the possibility of a public showing of gameplay.

Top Bottom