New World error

+
New World error

Hello everyone,

I don't know if the topic title is excatly name of problem which I have encountered. When I am trying to create new terrain in "terrain tools" and click to "create a new terrain", I can't see nothing (white squere isn't there). But in fact, I just can't see it but that terrain is here. I've tried to make there some slopes and I could see "cursor" on that terrain, but it is impossible to make there some landscapes.

I don't know if it is just bad settings. I've tried to reinstal REDkit, but it wasn't help. Don't you know how to solve this problem?

PS: Sorry for my terrible english

EDIT: If this isn't understantable, I can try to make video with FRAPS

Yes, I even have some tries, but it was cca one month before and when I tried today to continue, but then I encountered this problem...I may upload video for better understanding of my problem. :)... And thanks for reply:)

Milgo

Forum regular
Did you load your world information (right-click -> Load all, Klautermann's second tutorial)?

Yes I did, I also tried to make whole new project, but it didn't work...I don't know where is the mistake...maybe I should uninstal whole game and instal it again with all patches (I have colecter's edition, so it will take some time xD). I was just looking if there is some solution, maybe I am just randomly clicked some key shortcut which make it disappeard or repainted to black insteed of white...I don't know, I am pretty noob in this, I have little tries with D'jinni in The Witcher 1, but I didn't make any adventures...just exploring...And REDkit seems to be much easier to master than D'jinni and I am big fan of The Witcher universe and game series, so I would like to try make some short story from books as a adventure. If you know where is the problem, I will be very glad, becouse it save me lot of time by reinstaling and patching my game (and hoping that will work xD).

Thank you for trying to help me guys, I appreciated that very much!:)

PS: I will try to record it, but I can't find any software, which will record whole screen.

Last edited:
Yes I did, I also tried to make whole new project,
You should start a new project by following the steps in Klabautermann's
Creating worlds in Redkit #1 Tutorial (German _ English ) exactly.

At 2:46 the white plane should appear. You could take screenshots using the [print key] of your keyboard (right to the F12 key)
and paste it into gimp or mspaint.

(If you uploaded your REDkit.ini (from The Witcher 2\bin) I would compare it to mine.)

Last edited:
View attachment 152

I did it step by step like Klabautermann...Okay, I'll uploaded that ini file...btw. here is the screen shot - you can see that terrain is here, but it can not be seen....

And here is the link for that ini file - http://ulozto.cz/xgHDEJ2G/redkit-ini
Pass: redkit

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 72
And here is the link for that ini file -
Ok, here's my comparison:

in section [Filter/Editor]
Areas= TRUE
But this will only show the area boxes (if any)

Other entries identical.
----------------------------

section [Frames/EntityEditor]
Width=1404
in your ini. Your screen solution is 1024x768?
So 1404 seems to be too high. But it might be a virtual screen width. Also it's the EntityEditor section
---------------------------

[Frames/Filter]
Visibility_AI lights=1
Visibility_Action points=1
Visibility_Agent stubs=1
Visibility_Community areas=1
Visibility_Denied areas=1
Visibility_Doors=1
Visibility_Encounters=1
Visibility_Meshes=1
Visibility_NPCs=1
Visibility_Player=1
Visibility_Stickers=1
Visibility_Waypoints=1

These (and some more) are missing in your ini.
Maybe you should copy as a test the bold one into it.
---------------------------

[Frames/MeshEditor]
Width=1022
X=2450
Y=275
This is for the MeshEditor (not the MainFrame window)
but the x value seems to be too high (but might refer to a virtual screen size).

Last edited:
Ok, here's my comparison:

section [Frames/EntityEditor]
Width=1404
in your ini. Your screen solution is 1024x768?
So 1404 seems to be too high. But it might be a virtual screen width. Also it's the EntityEditor section

My resolution is 1920x1080:)...Okay, I'll try it:)

Last edited:
[Frames/Filter]
Visibility_AI lights=1
Visibility_Action points=1
Visibility_Agent stubs=1
Visibility_Community areas=1
Visibility_Denied areas=1
Visibility_Doors=1
Visibility_Encounters=1
Visibility_Meshes=1
Visibility_NPCs=1
Visibility_Player=1
Visibility_Stickers=1
Visibility_Waypoints=1

These (and some more) are missing in your ini.
Maybe you should copy as a test the bold one into it.

So, it doesn't work...Maybe you can upload your .ini file and I replace mine with yours...If you don't mind (and if there is posibility to solve this problem that way) of course

Try going to "View_Filters_debug options" and go to "Render" in the "Editor Options". Be sure that everything is checked:

Maybe you can upload your .ini file and I replace mine with yours...If you don't mind (and if there is posibility to solve this problem that way) of course
That's no problem. Luckily I have an early backup of the ini (but not the original).

Before you should try Benze's suggestion.

Try going to "View_Filters_debug options" and go to "Render" in the "Editor Options". Be sure that everything is checked:

It doesn't work...I had only triangle stats unchecked...When I checked it, nothing change...

That's no problem. Luckily I have an early backup of the ini (but not the original).

Before you should try Benze's suggestion.

Can you upload me that ini file somewhere then? I suppose it is a last chance how to fix it...

Thank you one more time guys for replying me and trying to find any solution...

Last edited:
It didn't work:( So, is there any way how to delete only redkit? xD

Thanks for any help guys:)

PS: Sorry for not responding for a while. I had some work to do:)

Top Bottom