New Yennerfer

+
New Yennerfer

Sister to the Kingslayer topic. Are people finding much use for her? I've been experimenting, but increasingly I seem to find NG doesn't really use spells much, it's all alchemy and items. She does allow you to stick in a double scorch, in theory, but again, NG decks mostly run quite powerful cards that can easily brick a scorch if you aren't careful.

Anyone finding great success with her? She seems to me like a card from another faction.

I struggled with her at first but now I really like this card. I think she can work pretty well in a reveal deck that doesn't run Spotters. Having a second option to scorch your opponent for example can be pretty useful I think. I run two silver spells and one bronze spell, that's usually enough to get value from her. You don't need that many spells.

It's definitely a useful card but of course not the right choice for every deck.

I use her for double scorch or double summoning circle.

She`s a beast. If she were neutral I`d include her in many decks

I use her for double Scorch as well. She's great when she works.

Problem is, I have no other eligible spells in the deck, so she ends up dead fairly often. Should probably fix that the next time I play the deck. :p

She would be neutral. There zero reasons why they made he NG. It's like making new Geralt yrden NR only, fe. Plus she doesn't have any synergies with NG. Make her neutral. But even then if they want her a faction specific it should ST cause they have synergy with it. I need her in my Burn the Ducker deck for 6th scorch.

Sometimes I just don't understand devs thought process. Insert usual rant about incompetence and balance or lack there of. Smth smth...

Last edited:
nunqmuo;n10281712 said:
She would be neutral. There zero reasons why they made he NG. It's like making new Geralt yrden NR only, fe. Plus she doesn't have any synergies with NG. Make her neutral. But even then if they want her a faction specific it should ST cause they have synergy with it. I need her in my Burn the Ducker deck for 6th scorch.

Sometimes I just don't understand devs thought process. Insert usual rant about incompetence and balance or lack there of. Smth smth...

I'm 90% sure that's the exact reason why she ISN'T neutral. Ithlinne and Eithne are bad enough, add on Yennefer and they'd be hair-tearingly frustrating to go up against.

nunqmuo;n10281712 said:
She would be neutral. There zero reasons why they made he NG.
Triss became Foltest's advisor. In witcher 3, Yen was sleeping around with Nilfguardian nobility

The card is awesome but the deck she's supposed to be put in doesn't exist yet.
That's my though, I may be wrong but I have the feeling CDPR has other plan for this card with future cards coming later.

Kinda like the Combat engineer which probably caused a "wait...what?' out of everyone lol

Enchantress sees play in Reveal, usually as a second Scorch or Summoning Circle and sometimes a second Alzur's Double-Cross or Dazhbog Runestone.

GenLiu;n10303172 said:
The card is awesome but the deck she's supposed to be put in doesn't exist yet.
That's my though, I may be wrong but I have the feeling CDPR has other plan for this card with future cards coming later.

Kinda like the Combat engineer which probably caused a "wait...what?' out of everyone lol

Combat engineer is just useless honestly

Bleach25;n10313142 said:
Combat engineer is just useless honestly

Here's the thing, they're useless for now but it might be a future for them since I except CDPR to give them some tools to work with.

GenLiu;n10313582 said:
Here's the thing, they're useless for now but it might be a future for them since I except CDPR to give them some tools to work with.
No offense but unless they change his ability he will stay as the worse version of hav'caaren healer

Bleach25;n10314262 said:
No offense but unless they change his ability he will stay as the worse version of hav'caaren healer

No offense taken.
It's hard to tell really. You're right on paper but if there is any Nilgaard machine showing up with a powerful crewed ability it's not that bad. It's a global synergy, even if the card isn't that exciting at the first glance, if it supports a very strong strategy we might need him at some point.

Top Bottom