NewGame+ -Balance?

+
NewGame+ -Balance?

I just run into this unexpected fist fight on my second playthrough. Now I need new fingers and mouse.
Considering the guy has some really nasty hand injuries I have to wonder, is this some sick joke?
Gerold is lvl 40 and has the complete mastercrafted ursine gear. Still I do ~150 damage and get 5000-10000 damage.
Napp basically 1 shots me.
Do I have to prepare myself for more of such imbalanced fights or is it a better idea to start a simple new game?
btw beat him just to see if it was even possible:
View attachment 28533

Attachments

• kretino.jpg
    kretino.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

iCake

Forum veteran
That's a bug. There should be nothing of the sort later on. If anything, some of the fist fights were not scaled up properly. You will fist fight some low level charactares. Like a level 6 peasant, intead of a level 36 one.

Well, there'll be one on Skellige if you choose to defend Yen... Not to spoil anything. That fight has always been a tough one in just a new game, so I supposed this is intentional.

BTW, this bug has an easy work around. You can compel this guy to do your bidding by casting axii on him in dialogue.

Last edited:
That's a bug. There should be nothing of the sort later on. If anything, some of the fist fights were not scaled up properly. You will fist fight some low level charactares. Like a level 6 peasant, intead of a level 36 one.

Well, there'll be one on Skellige if you choose to defend Yen... Not to spoil anything. That fight has always been a tough one in just a new game, so I supposed this is intentional.

BTW, this bug has an easy work around. You can compel this guy to do your bidding by casting axii on him in dialogue.

or not turning him over... (nothing good for both sides is coming from it anyway..)

You can compel this guy to do your bidding by casting axii on him in dialogue.
Thanks, I knew that's possible. I axiid him in the 1st playthrough. But this time I chose differently and didn't want to change my decision due to a bug.

Speaking of balance, that's how a typical fight goes for a sign spec Geralt vs. Wild Hunt bosses even on regular mode lol.

sv3672

Forum veteran
It may be related to this bug that seems to cause some enemies to be scaled to an unusually high level (in the video, Napp's level has to be at least in the 50's to be shown as "??").

Fist fighting is the most awful feature of the game.. and it has some much potential too..

1.) Your level means nothing
2.) Their level means even less than nothing
3.) The only way to win is to literally wait for them to strong attack, quickly dodge, then fast attack until win.

Fist fighting is the most awful feature of the game.. and it has some much potential too..

1.) Your level means nothing
2.) Their level means even less than nothing
3.) The only way to win is to literally wait for them to strong attack, quickly dodge, then fast attack until win.

I agree its maybe worst in the game. But there is more to this than waiting for enemy strong attack. You can time ure block right (which is not hard)so u get free counter. The ai is really stupid. Take good distance from opponent and then start walking at him. He will always attack u when ure at certain distance from him. U learn the timing and just throw quick jab. U can do that indefinetly. U can abuse that and win every fight easy that way. I rarely use dodge in my fights.

AI behavior is fully moddable. I did change these behaviors in the past, but making AI better means you never win a fistfight... AI can do the same thing to you, counterattack every your heavy attack etc... important is balance... so, if you find it simple, you could still go for a mod that will make it harder.

Hi Burza, I would like to play NG+ (repeat the main story with Level 37, weapons, gwint cards...) but game didn`t gave me the possibility. I just received a message at the end, that I can solve only rest of side quests, but not the story missions. I played the game for the first time only on 2nd level. Could this be the problem or do I miss some settings or updates? Thank you

Sunsibar yes the game was manualy saved after completing the main story, because I have continued with some side quests... Nevertheless thanks for answer...

Sunsibar yes the game was manualy saved after completing the main story, because I have continued with some side quests... Nevertheless thanks for answer...

Check that previous link and do as it says. If that doesn't work, then I'm out of advises.

Somehow it seems that you don't have the NG+ DLC or you didn't start it properly. It's a bit tricky, but following that link should do the trick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom