News and Rumours about TW3 (Was Tomorrow is the Day!)

+
I loved how they switched locations/time/perspective in a rashomon style during the prologue of TW2 and I am eager to see what they will do with the opening of TW3.
PS: sarcasm detector not functioning for previous post.

I just realized that Geralt doesn't have his silver sword. His gestures look like he might be having it in hand, covered by the horses, but then again he doesn't have the empty sheath on his back either.
This allows the conclusion that the person on the horse behind is carrying Geralt's silver sword and need not be a Witcher after all. Or he/she is a Witcher and has it because he/she has lost his/her own silver sword. Anyways, I'm not quite as sure it's Ciri anymore - it could also be someone with a grey beard or bright long hair. There's nothing distinctively womanly about that person, but then again, the thick cloak and cowl don't show any features and Ciri doesn't behave very girly anyways.

For the sake of CDPR making a mystery of that person and because it fits very well with the story, I'll stick to the opinion that it most likely IS Ciri, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it isn't and it was a false clue, given to us on purpose.

I did multiple playthroughs on the X360 version, just so I could import them into The Witcher 3, after my 5th playthrough I realised that there is no hope in hell that TW 3 will be on current consoles (PS3/X360). I'm such a doofus, but it was worth it, I

Aver

Forum veteran
TheStalkWitcher said:
Please make the game run for all the pc's which run the witcher 2 !

it's my only wish for the witcher 3 !

Well, maybe it won't run on all PCs which run The Witcher 2, but I guess that it will run on most of them. Now game will be open world, we will probably see more open areas etc., so it will need more power for sure.

Don't worry, hopefully they will make a way to import your 360 saves into TW3. Or they might make a motion comic or something for the first 2 games if that is not possible. That is why I love my PC haha no such headaches

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
Don't worry, hopefully they will make a way to import your 360 saves into TW3. Or they might make a motion comic or something for the first 2 games if that is not possible. That is why I love my PC haha no such headaches

I doubt it, I have no plans to buy a NextBox, rumours are off putting, I'm 99% certain that the only console I'll buy is a "PS4".

It's been almost confirmed that the Witcher 3 will be on both "next gen" consoles, and CDPR will have no problems with coding, as the PS3 was a pain, I've heard that the "PS4" is infinitely easier to code for as it architecture is similar to a PC when it comes to ease of use.

Either way, I can't wait to see the reveal, trailer, presser, whatever it is in a few hours! :D/>

It will run on most medium end rigs, the point is to make a great game which many can play, not that which hardly people can play! :p

ZinuX said:
Is there any version of it without gameinformer logo? I need to upload it into the DeviantArt group. Google ain't my friend today :(/>

ZinuX said:
So is there a press conference today?
Seems not. Things we have is this a video and an article
Browse back the thread for details (I did and it's terrible, I know)

Chewin3 said:
But this is me viewing it from paper, with added speculations. While I do want politics having a great importance in the game, but as long as there is a solid, cohesive story that justifies your level of involvement and choices in the game, it will be enough for me.

Well said, but this is the thing I'm as well more into. A good story.

Sure, I like politics, but I prefer personal stories (ala more like TW1). And BTW, just recently noticed Geralt's beard. Frikkin awesome! Hopefully I can keep it!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/the-witcher-3-is-official

Bam, it's out of the box. Mouts, mounted combat and over 100 hours of gameplay. Yay!

Malakar1 said:
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/the-witcher-3-is-official

Bam, it's out of the box. Mouts, mounted combat and over 100 hours of gameplay. Yay!

They're taking the information from the GameInformer article, and they've got a few things wrong. (Geralt's lost love=Triss?)

The other sources are probably more accurate, so the mounts and 100 hours of gameplay seem to be correct, but the "mounted combat" is a maybe.

guipit said:
Don't know a lot about the books but if it was Ciri wouldn't they not need horses?

because she
can open portals between worlds

Yes, but you have to remember...

I don't think she can use that ability to take others with her. So if she is going to want to be traveling with Geralt and not become separate from him (which is likely given the fact that in the books they are separated almost the entire time and when reunited they each specifically say that they'll never be apart again). So, in order to travel with him, she'd need a horse. This isn't a problem as in the books she has a companion horse that is very remarkable because of its speed and endurance.

Woah, woah, woah there horsey (see what I did there,) where the fuck did all this come from? Thor's holy hammer this is fucking mad ambitious, if the guys can pull it off and make a New Vegas, Betrayal at Krondor or Ultima then i'll be over the moon, but hell it's a big bloody job.

Anyway enough logical crap, i'm going to laugh like an insane puppet for awhile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOYBWwmcXeg

For a while I shall indulge in the first bitter taste of that terrible illusion, hope.

If anyone is reading this from CDPR...please don't put too much energy into the mounted combat. I am sure that Geralt is badass enough to be passable at it, but it really isn't in character for him. In my opinion he is pretty clearly a swordsman who takes advantage of his freakish speed and reflexes by having amazing footwork.

This site has a few screenshots:
http://gamingeverything.com/39177/witcher-3-confirmed-is-next-gen-featured-in-game-informer/

Can someone post these screens here or upload them somewhere? I cant access them from my mobile phone on that site

Queenslayer said:
And BTW, just recently noticed Geralt's beard. Frikkin awesome! Hopefully I can keep it!

Just when you thought Geralt couldn't get more badass, CDPR gives him a beard. ;)

Hopefully we can shave it and have it grow back. Would be an interesting (and a difficult one i bet) feature to implement.

Top Bottom